Water Problem

RejectedSpike

After recovering my computer from a crash just days ago, I reloaded Trainz+ and started using S2.0 only to discover that when I used the terrain height up tool, water appears at the base of the hills I created. This is the first time I've noticed that happening in all the years during which I've built routes in Trainz.

Why is that suddenly happening?

Weird!

Cheers

Rejected spike.

Did you do a DBR after the crash?

The water could be a Water Effect Layer which can cause confusion for those who have never encountered them before but these should only appear after being manually added to a route - perhaps a result of the crash?

When I converted my layout to HD, and the water with it, random areas of said liquid appeared appeared everywhere - especially on slopes. It looks like a cosmic supernova explosion of blue polythene pox. I think part of the issue is that 'water' is now omnipresent just below the terrain surface and any disturbance to the equilibrium is liable to see it erupt. I find it happens when the 'smooth ground under' command lowers the track or whatever. If I start a new layout it's going to be set on Mars.

I think part of the issue is that 'water' is now omnipresent just below the terrain surface and any disturbance to the equilibrium is liable to see it erupt.
Normally, a water effect layer will not be present unless it has been manually added but possibly the HD conversion process has converted any legacy water into a water effect layer.

A water effect layer is placed at (or just cms below) 0m. Effect layers are easily removed by opening the Edit Effect Layer window, selecting the layer and clicking the delete button.

Last edited:
Normally, a water effect layer will not be present unless it has been manually added but possibly the HD conversion process has converted any legacy water into a water effect layer.
This is part of the conversion process. This puts the legacy water and creates a legacy water effects-layer located -10 meters below zero ground-level.

Back