Updating Trainz Assert Database

sologuitarist61

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering, am I the only person that when I start Trainz12 first thing after booting the PC (Windows 7), it always goes into the dreaded 'Updating Trainz Asset Database' routine, the upshot being that that it takes anything up to half an hour before I can use the program.

I have no idea why this happens as I always close the program correctly, yet it does this on every PC restart. It is then OK for the rest of the day.

Has anyone got any ideas as to why this happening or how to stop it happening?

Regards

That is a sign that you do not close the game correctly or that you turn off your PC to fast after closing the game.
It has a background process running that manages your database. If that is not stopped by itself before you turn off your PC, it will do the process you described every time you restart the game.

Good news: You can make it visible so you know when it is safe to turn off your PC!

Start the game. In that 8-button window, go to "options", then "Developer" and turn on "Show database process window".
Never turn off your PC again until that window closes by itself and your problem is solved.

That is a sign that you do not close the game correctly or that you turn off your PC to fast after closing the game.
It has a background process running that manages your database. If that is not stopped by itself before you turn off your PC, it will do the process you described every time you restart the game.

Good news: You can make it visible so you know when it is safe to turn off your PC!

Start the game. In that 8-button window, go to "options", then "Developer" and turn on "Show database process window".
Never turn off your PC again until that window closes by itself and your problem is solved.

Thank you I'll give that a Try, though I thought I was closing the game correctly!

Even if you close the game correctly, but turn off your PC too fast after that, this can still happen.

Back