Union Pacific Screenshots Thread

Cool shots Iginc and Evan123. Those JR locos are awesome. Hey Evan123, your engines are missing their running numbers. :hehe:

Yeah I think my ARN is broke :'(

Are you sure you didn't change out any horn or enginesound KUID's in CCP? That could be the culprit, once you change anything about the loco in CCP the ARN disappears. =\

cam

A few shots from a couple runs on my UP route tonight...

- Deano :wave:

lginc_20091109_0066.jpg

lginc_20091109_0015.jpg

lginc_20091109_0068.jpg

WOW :udrool: Your route is looking very very nice :D Keep up the good work :Y:

:wave:
THANK YOU WCL! :)

I have been extra busy at work, so not much time to work on the layout:( , but i try and get something done every week, this area was what i completed last week.

lginc_20091110_0013.jpg

WOW!:udrool: , Great shots Mike! :D

The route you took the pics from looks Fantastic too! :D

**On another note, i always liked ImageShack better then Photobucket, but with all the problems i've been having with them lately, I guess Photobucket

I use a website called "flickr" for my screenshots. Works pretty well.

Trainman10, Nice winter pic:Y: , Thanks for posting it!

Ronayne, Thanks for the "heads up" on flickr, I'll have to check it out:) .

Tracker99, Nice shots of those DD40AX's:D , the route looks great too! :D

**No new area yet this week, just been to darn busy :( .

lginc_20091113_0007.jpg

Iginc, tremendous pic. Looks about as realistic as you can get in Trainz. I can only dream of being able to use the amount of grass you use, as I have to be content with the use of just paints to simulae grass, weeds, and small shrubs, as my Laptop can only handle just so much.

Nice shot as always Iginc :Y: Your pix always impress me...As I said before...It shure is nice to see some Wisconsin routes being made :D

Keep up the good work :Y:

Iginc, tremendous pic. Looks about as realistic as you can get in Trainz. I can only dream of being able to use the amount of grass you use, as I have to be content with the use of just paints to simulae grass, weeds, and small shrubs, as my Laptop can only handle just so much.
Joel, Thank you, for the very kind complements!:)

Your right about all the vegitation, without a high end Graphix computer i would NEVER be able to create such a route.

Windows Vista 64bit Home Premium Edition SP1
AMD Phenom 9600 Extreme Quad-Core
6 GB RAM Duel-Channel
NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
400 Watt Power Supply
SoundBlaster 5.0 Surround sound (6 speakers including the subwoofer...talk about a freight train running through your living room!:hehe: )
24'' HD 1080P monitor
I run Trainz In OpenGL

Even with that I ran into a couple problems when i first started getting serious on my route. I started out putting all Jan's BEST vegitation through the whole thing...that was mistake #1 .

Mistake #2 was putting the very best high end track i could find on the route.

Mistake #3 was making the route 4 boards wide by currently 38 long.

I just simply cant accept the game running slow, so i fixed the problems by making the route 2 boards wide by how ever many i wish long(38 so far),that helped quite a bit. Then i had to decide what was more important, good looking track, or great scenery, it was a no brainier for me, i dropped the great looking track for a lower level track, that REALLY HELPED. And last, what REALLY got me at 100% was taking all the high quality stuff out of the background and putting in low end background stuff, keeping all the high end stuff in the foreground, close to the tracks, where you really see it;) .

By doing those things..along with having a decent computer, i am able to have the scenery you see on my route without sacrificing ANY framerates:Y: .

Nice shot as always Iginc :Y: Your pix always impress me...As I said before...It shure is nice to see some Wisconsin routes being made :D

Keep up the good work :Y:
WCL:wave: , you are to kind, Thank you!

I have a confession though, i have strayed a bit from making my route as close to the UP Proviso to Janesville line as i could. I have added some parts to my route of the CNW line UP closed down that went from here in Beloit to Janesville:eek: . I did that because there was some real neat scenery on that section that i felt i wanted to preserve in my route. That section was part of the CNW's famous "Dakota 400" route, since i grew up with it, i wanted to put it on my route, so now my route is kinda "fictitious" , but with prototypical aspirations;) . The last contest pic i entered, with the GP50's running along the river is part of that section of the now closed line.

- Deano

Just posting a shot of a small part of a pretty large section i was able to finish today:D .

lginc_20091116_0017.jpg

Back