Union Pacific Screenshots Thread

Stunning shots there lgnic,will be getting down on those UP gevo's myself:p ,roll on pay day!A shot from an old project of mine that will never see the light of day, I just use it for screens
up11c.jpg

Thanks Kingstonflyer! :wave:

WOW! , Fantastic shot you posted:D , Great job! i really like the train passing over itself :D .

the route i am working on is based on UP's line that runs from Proviso Yard in Chicago to UP's North Chicago service center in Janesville WI(formerly CNW's "Harvard yard" )

http://www.pletsexpress.com/fnimall/Plets/022CNWS/vid_trains.phtml

Exciting Chicago & North Western Railroad action in South Central Wisconsin. The C&NW Railway is seen from Chicago, Proviso Yard with trains going north to Janesville, Madison, Devil's Lake, Baraboo, North Freedom, Rock Springs and Reedsburg. This video features unit auto trains, local and general freights, rock trains and plenty of MP15 switching action. As an added feature you'll also see the C&NW steamer #1385 powering passenger trains at the Mid-Continent Railroad Museum, and inside look at the North Western's ballast quarry and mining operations at rock springs and the Circus World's annual circus train out of Baraboo. You'll also see the connecting railroads of the Soo Line and WSOR.

"The C&NW Railway is seen from Chicago, Proviso Yard with trains going north to Janesville"

Hmmmmm....Wonder whos doing that....
:hehe:

Last edited:
WOW!:udrool: THANKS for the link WCL! :D

I gotta check if my Dad already has it first, he got into Model RRing/Rail fanning back in 1964, almost a year before i was born, he has just about every CNW & Milwaukee Road VHS/DVD on those roads out there:hehe: .

If he doesnt have it, I'm darn sure getting it!

Thanks again WCL!

- Deano

Stunning shots there lgnic,will be getting down on those UP gevo's myself:p ,roll on pay day!A shot from an old project of mine that will never see the light of day, I just use it for screens
up11c.jpg

Is that Tehachapi?!?! Finish that map dude! If thats not thats a nice copy of it, becouse iv been there so many times I saw that and was like "Tehachapi loop!"

Read carefully, it says: "A shot from an old project of mine that will never see the light of day, I just use it for screens"

WOW!:udrool: THANKS for the link WCL! :D

I gotta check if my Dad already has it first, he got into Model RRing/Rail fanning back in 1964, almost a year before i was born, he has just about every CNW & Milwaukee Road VHS/DVD on those roads out there:hehe: .

If he doesnt have it, I'm darn sure getting it!

Thanks again WCL!

- Deano

Not a problem

Heres a UP local switching out the Ethanol Plant

Here are some Union Pacific locos on my new American route, which I haven't yet named.
The route is inspired by Lotharhakes "Marias Pass Approach". Notice i've only used content (except for locos and rolling stock) from Marias Pass Approach?

4070582829_d143857fa5.jpg

A UP Snoot SD40 at Western Creek Depot
4070583073_48ff708250.jpg

A UP GP15 at the Western Creek bridge

4071344604_dfe0e1f049.jpg

A UP GP38 passing local grain farms and dams (grain Farms not showm).

Last edited:
Looks great!

If you are looking for more acurate railside equipment, may i recomend:

signals:here

speed signs:
BNSF50 has a very nice set on the DLS

cheers

UP coal power laying over at the fuel track, where it will get refueled and head back west, for some more coal

WCL & Ronayne, WOW! , GREAT shots posted guys!:D Thank you for posting them! :)

**I havent been around much the last couple nights, been trying to finish up a stretch of my UP route, here's a shot of what i have been working on...
- Deano

lginc_20091106_0001.jpg

Last edited:
Wow....Looking very very realistic :Y:

THANK YOU WCL! :wave: :)

**On another note, i just had to edit three posts on two threads, i am about fed up with Imageshack:( . I went to upload an image tonight and noticed 3 random images were gone/deleted:eek: , so i had to re-upload them.

Anyone know why this happend? Has this happened to anyone else?

Thank you,
- Deano

Great shots!

I keep seeing these double level, very low to the rails, container cars.
What are they called and where can i get them?

Last edited:
Great shots!

I keep seeing these double level, very low to the rails, container cars.
What are they called and where can i get them?

evan123 :wave: , AWESOME SHOTS!:D Those UP Gevo's look Great on that route!

EDIT: evan123, i notice two of the pics you posted didnt show up either, you use ImageShack too, they must be having problems, i have had a heck of a time with them tonight too. :(

Ronayne :wave: , those container cars are called "Well Cars" ;) , I think you can get them at TRS, probably some on the DLS too.

Last edited:
Some more shots of the GEVO units making its way across the Clovis Sub, for the record this route is running pretty crummy for me on TS09, but it is one hell of a route!!

My favorite shot: A meet!

evan123 , Your posting some GREAT UP shots:Y: , could it be your turning into a full blown UP fan:clap: ...:D ...:hehe:

**On another note, i always liked ImageShack better then Photobucket, but with all the problems i've been having with them lately, I guess Photobucket is the way to go for now.

lginc_20091107_0046.jpg

Back