Unable to upload screenshots to Gallery

are you trying via ingame or webportal, if using web portal ...You MUST sign in.
This happens ingame. Screenshots will not load. I get the "failed to upload due to internal ..." something or other. There's been no changes in my log in. If it did complete the upload to the Trainz gallery / portal, then I would log in and my log in there is fine. Thanks for responding. The problem still remains for myself and others and NV3 hasn't addressed it.

I just keep trying again and I keep getting the same "failed to upload due to unknown internal/error". I haven't got a hope... (quietly sobs)
At least you're quiet about it. I cry loudly enough to make dogs bark from a 1/4 mile away.

If
This happens ingame. Screenshots will not load. I get the "failed to upload due to internal ..." something or other. There's been no changes in my log in. If it did complete the upload to the Trainz gallery / portal, then I would log in and my log in there is fine. Thanks for responding. The problem still remains for myself and others and NV3 hasn't addressed it.
If you have read this thread, you will know that "ingame" does not work.!!!

Use the Web Portal Instead.

Been keeping an eye on this thread since I have the same issue as the author of the thread . Had a laugh at this
If you have read this thread, you will know that "ingame" does not work.!!! Use the Web Portal Instead.
Because it's not just not being able to upload . It's also not being able to find your own posts even when logged into the portal !! Making the whole thing useless in my opinion . Having us using a third party to upload . But not able to go back and find our post to use in threads .

I haven't yet read , heard of any action to fix or address the problem's . Patients on progress will be a must I feel for the deafening silence of progress hear .

Matt

PS: Would I be wrong that this is a selling point of the sim ? My 2 cents

Last edited:
If

If you have read this thread, you will know that "ingame" does not work.!!!

Use the Web Portal Instead.
Why do you think I made this thread to begin with ? Of course it doesn't work. I don't start threads on all the things that DO work.
It WAS working up until a few weeks now it doesn't.

Last edited:
Sometimes I cry loudly, sometimes I don’t.
I hear ya. Once NV3 at least acknowledges that they know there's a problem, maybe gives us a sense that they actually read their own forums, the dogs in my area within a 1/4 mile radius will cease to bark at me.

maybe you all should of put this post in a support section or Filed a Ticket with the Helpdesk like your supposed to!
Somebody else already has. That's not the point. Someone from NV3 could make some sort of a comment about their Ingame Trainz gallery upload not working for the last month but they either don't read their forums or choose not to address it. I don't think that's good customer service and as a buyer of Trainz software for over 20 years, I have a right to say that.

I have to say I agree with you JimDep. I often see threads about things that don't work go on and on and on, with no comment at all from anyone from N3V. It would be nice if they just had one person that could come in and spend the first hour of their day responding to these kinds of threads with an update. Would it really take that much effort?

I have to say I agree with you JimDep. I often see threads about things that don't work go on and on and on, with no comment at all from anyone from N3V. It would be nice if they just had one person that could come in and spend the first hour of their day responding to these kinds of threads with an update. Would it really take that much effort?
Thanks, and I don't even think it would take them an hour to cover all the " it ain't working" threads. All they have to say is something like " Sorry for the inconvenience and we're letting you know that this will get resolved and working again ASAP. "
That doesn't take very long to type. ( Now watch, they'll copy and paste this in a bunch of threads )
I just served them up a fastball right down the pipe.

It would be nice if they just had one person that could come in and spend the first hour of their day responding to these kinds of threads with an update. Would it really take that much effort?
In an ideal world where N3V had an entire marketing department (which we the consumers would ultimately pay for with higher prices) they would have a team who would spend all day responding to threads.

I know from my own experiences of responding to threads in these forums that a lot more than one hour per day would be required in many cases. Much of that time, again from my experiences, is spent trying to decipher what exactly the poster is asking or the nature of the problem. Then, assuming I have interpreted the problem correctly, there is the time spent in researching it - e.g. setting up the problem in a route and session to see what, it is claimed, is happening and finding a solution (if any).

Just recently I spent considerably more than one hour responding to a complaint about shadows in TRS22 that involved me setting up different lighting conditions in the Environmental Tools, taking, editing and posting screenshots and then constructing a coherent, I hope, written response. And that was just one issue from one poster.

I would much rather that the staff at N3V get on with the task of fixing bugs and improving the product.

Would it really take that much effort? Yes, in my opinion and experience, it would.

I don't even think it would take them an hour to cover all the " it ain't working" threads. All they have to say is something like " Sorry for the inconvenience and we're letting you know that this will get resolved and working again ASAP. "
That doesn't take very long to type.
True it would not take long to type but I can well imagine the complaints coming in that they are not treating the problem seriously, giving "lip service" to their customers, "fobbing us off" with "cut and paste answers" that don't deal with the important issues, and so on,

Most people would not be happy with what would amount to an automated response, like you initially get with bug reports - and a few days later (if ever) you might get a response from a human.

True it would not take long to type but I can well imagine the complaints coming in that they are not treating the problem seriously, giving "lip service" to their customers, "fobbing us off" with "cut and paste answers" that don't deal with the important issues, and so on,

Most people would not be happy with what would amount to an automated response, like you initially get with bug reports - and a few days later (if ever) you might get a response from a human.
It's like the automatic "agents" we get when we call the pharmacy or doctor's office.

"Thank you for calling Dr. Smith's office. My name is Ace and I am your automated assistant."
"I can help you by, asking full questions using sentences".
"How can I help you today?", Patient asks "I want to speak to the doctor."
"You can ask me any question." Patient repeats...

Cycle repeats, and patient tells Ace to fob off and do something nasty that we can't say here.

I ran into this yesterday when I had to call my insurer. I was so completely annoyed I could hear my heart pounding in my ears and felt it in my chest. If that didn't raise my blood pressure, I don't know what else would. May be that was the purpose!

Yeah, our pharmacy does that, and I just keep hitting zero until it goes to a real person. I disagree a little with @pware, I think that at least acknowledging the problem by Zec or Oknotson or someone at N3V (I am sure Tony is very busy) would let us feel they are even paying attention, whereas no word at all makes us feel ignored. If people can't at least appreciate that, well is just shows how many people here have negative attitudes no matter what N3V says or does.

I''d rather get an automated "lip service" than no response at all. At least you know somebody's there and reading comments in the "general" section. Imagine if you called your pharmacy and all the phone did was ring. I'll take an automated message over silence.

I think that at least acknowledging the problem by Zec or Oknotson or someone at N3V (I am sure Tony is very busy) would let us feel they are even paying attention, whereas no word at all makes us feel ignored. If people can't at least appreciate that, well is just shows how many people here have negative attitudes no matter what N3V says or does.
I have no argument with you there except to say the number of times that Zec or Tony have responded to a user problem with a post such as "We are aware of the problem and are looking into it" (or similar) only to get a followup post from the user stating that "it has been x days now and no patch has appeared to solve this problem". The "x days" is often "7 days" or, in one case I can recall, "1 day".

I have no argument with you there except to say the number of times that Zec or Tony have responded to a user problem with a post such as "We are aware of the problem and are looking into it" (or similar) only to get a followup post from the user stating that "it has been x days now and no patch has appeared to solve this problem". The "x days" is often "7 days" or, in one case I can recall, "1 day".
At least they responded with something. Silence isn't the way to go.

Back