Unable to upload screenshots to Gallery

While you are happy, most of us don't look forward to the trainz gallery being flooded with thousands of nearly identical screenshots of Thomas and his buddies. I was enjoying seeing high quality, well thought out screenshots.

While you are happy, most of us don't look forward to the trainz gallery being flooded with thousands of nearly identical screenshots of Thomas and his buddies. I was enjoying seeing high quality, well thought out screenshots.
This is a touchy issue, since my version of Trainz doesn't have the upload-from-game feature. But, while the Gallery interface is being fixed [it is, isn't it?] a very useful search filter would be [loaded from game/not loaded from game] and a logical operator like [.AND.NOT.] as in .AND.NOT. 'Thomas' :giggle:

Yes, a brilliant idea.
Just blue-skying here, but I think all the From game/Not from game choice would take is allowing or not allowing records which have the list of assets in the image. Screen shots to disk don't include that, do they? They're just .jpg.

The jpegs created by Trainz can have IPTC data embedded in the file. I just looked at one I made in TRS22 and at the moment there is no data listed but the slots are there. Trainz could be modified to store all kinds of data. If you have IrvanView, open a screenshot and press the "i" key. That opens the information window for the image. In the lower left is a button for IPTC info. Press it to see the information stored with an image. My cameras store info like GPS coordinates and camera settings in that area, so Trainz could store all kinds of information.

The jpegs created by Trainz can have IPTC data embedded in the file. I just looked at one I made in TRS22 and at the moment there is no data listed but the slots are there. Trainz could be modified to store all kinds of data. If you have IrvanView, open a screenshot and press the "i" key. That opens the information window for the image. In the lower left is a button for IPTC info. Press it to see the information stored with an image. My cameras store info like GPS coordinates and camera settings in that area, so Trainz could store all kinds of information.
That's good info. What I'm thinking is, though, that a local screenshot (i.e. not uploaded direct from game) has those slots empty (or missing if edited) while an upload from game has them populated. So a future update of the Gallery filters could have an option to select records with that field (in the Gallery database) empty. Not a filter you would want to always use while browsing, but like .AND.NOT 'Thomas' it could improve the experience for some of us.

Back