UK Virtual Railway

YELLOMATE

Jmx CEO
Hey, would anyone be interested in joining a virtual UK rail company, I have started a website and crossed it with my virtual airline, the site is at http://jmxtravelonline.tripod.com. I would need someone to repaint some trains such as a Class 158 and some others like a HST or something. If you are interested you can be part of the management team, basicly, you help to run the organisation as if it were a real business, with a tycoon style play, realisticly managing money and routes ect. I am also looking for drivers, and for the time being we could use something like Central Trains trans until we can get them painted, so we would need a repainter if anyone would like to do that, however no money will be involved unfortunatly :(

So yeah, if anyone is interested please post your comments and questions below :D

Cheers

Stephen

Last edited:
Hey, would anyone be interested in joining a virtual UK rail company, I have started a website and crossed it with my virtual airline, the site is at http://jmxtravelonline.tripod.com. I would need someone to repaint some trains such as a Class 158 and some others like a HST or something.

Better idea, find a tutorial on photoshop/paintshop pro/the gimp (modify to suit your program) and try and repaint them yourself.
http://www.trainzlocomotiveworks.com/tutorial_files/Reskin_Tutorial/index.php
and
http://www.trainzlocomotiveworks.com/tutorial_files/Reskin_Tutorial/decal.php
and
http://www.trainzlocomotiveworks.com/tutorial_files/Config_Tutorial/index.php

should help

If you is interested you can be part of the management team, basicly, you help to run the organisation as if it were a real business, with a tycoon style play, realisticly managing money and routes ect. I am also looking for drivers, and for the time being we could use something like Central Trains trans until we can get them painted, so we would need a repainter if anyone would like to do that, however no money will be involved unfortunatly
Sorry.. I fail to see the point of this, as I own my own virtual rail company and no, its not a TOC either. I've built my own stock so far, I am my own manager, basically, its a one man team at the moment. Its not to discourage you, but drivers you can simluate in TRS, route planning and operations can be done by you as it is soo easy.

Really, hierarchial/flat structures arent needed here.

What I aim to acheive is giving other people a way of keeping to a set schedule in Trainz, on certain routes, along with AI, so a trainz experience could be much more realistic as if it were a career.

As you mentioned about the AI being able to represent drivers, this can be done on flight simulators, but many people still wish to join VAs due to the realism and management parts involved in being part of the organisation, and community.

As you mentioned about the AI being able to represent drivers, this can be done on flight simulators, but many people still wish to join VAs due to the realism and management parts involved in being part of the organisation, and community.

Something which trains fails to achieve at this moment in time, although it would be a nice feature to have a central server where drivers drive trains on a layout for a company, but don't expect that to happen.

Something which trains fails to achieve at this moment in time

Maybe in Wessex, but trains through Carlisle are almost all +-4 minutes, and are often early. People always knock Virgin Trains, but I like them. Quick, clean and (usually, though Carlisle has a resident Thunderbird just in case) reliable.

Is your plan to use iPortal?

Maybe in Wessex, but trains through Carlisle are almost all +-4 minutes, and are often early. People always knock Virgin Trains, but I like them. Quick, clean and (usually, though Carlisle has a resident Thunderbird just in case) reliable.

Now you are going off topic!

Thing is, I don't particulary like virign as they try to run shorter trains, with far inferior leg room on longer distance routes, then wonder why its overcrowded.

Is your plan to use iPortal?

I don't really have any experience with iPortal, can somebody please explain what it does? I heard you can use it to exchange trains or something but I'm not sure.

And WEN, the driving doesn't have to be done online, we give each member a scenerio for each of the routes and they are given a timetable, or collect the info from the website timetable, and try and stick to the schedule. For FS, there are multiple systems which allow the pilots to state their hours to the CEO, like a real logbook, I think we could try and mimic this technique somehow, so it is like it is online. We would have to make sure the timetable is completed to a high standard, and if trains are delayed or something, they will be recorded, and news bullitins could be published to inform "passangers" our status.

I have updated the Company website a little, and got all of the names of the staff that have taken an intrest over at UK Trainz. I am also happy to announce that we have a livery in production, I will post more about this when it is closer to completion. I am still looking for a management team to help me run things, due to many priorities outside of trainz, and to add more realism. We now have about 5 drivers, 2 repainters and a route builder, so if anyone would like to join, just say! :D

Cheers

Stephen

Well, I hope you get something to work.....VRs are a lot of fun and it would be nice if a workable one could be figured out using Trainz....as you can see, there are some who figure since they aren't interested...what's the point in anyone doing it....don't let that discourage you.....:cool:

jmx2.jpg

Jmx News Update:

Jmx Travel has recently purchased 3xEWS Class 66 to kickstart their freight logistics line, Jmx Rail Freight. The system involved the waybill being placed onto the Passenger and Freight chatbox with the cargo and delivery time included. The first person to accept it who is at least at their second rank is able to perform the task, and gain extra credit towards a promotion.

In other news, Jmx Travel is still looking for a general management team. This team includes:

Vice President
Customer Services
Financial Director
Route Manager
Freight Manager
Stock Manager
Comapany/Customer Relations Director

If you wish to join as either a driver, repainter, routebuilder or as part of the management team, please e-mail Stephen at:

Steveo_t_666@hotmail.co.uk

Thank You

The Jmx Team

Last edited:
I have a VR in America, It is called the Southern Pacific/Santa Fe virtual railroad., Would you like to start an alliance?

Here how I do it, I use E-Portal (It moves train from one map to another), and each person gets a map, not a job as an engineer. It works this way, A train picks up it cargo at wherever and then that person sends it to the new person down the line and then to the next. When it reaches its destination its unloaded. Unless of coarse it is not a unit train and hits a hump yard on the way, then it's taken apart and put back together.

Last edited:
I have a VR in America, It is called the Southern Pacific/Santa Fe virtual railroad., Would you like to start an alliance?

Here how I do it, I use E-Portal (It moves train from one map to another), and each person gets a map, not a job as an engineer. It works this way, A train picks up it cargo at wherever and then that person sends it to the new person down the line and then to the next. When it reaches its destination its unloaded. Unless of coarse it is not a unit train and hits a hump yard on the way, then it's taken apart and put back together.

Thank you greatly for the offer, but I can only consider alliances once we have launched fully, but I will get back to you on it :D

Stephen

Sorry for the double post but admin, can we get this topic moved to the TRS 2006 forum please, I don't know why I posted it in the surveyors, operators and engineers section.

Cheers

Stephen

Rail Company

Is this a place where users can log in and run trains on a map? BTW, my favorites are Virgin, Southwest, Midland Mainline and Southern.

Is this a place where users can log in and run trains on a map? BTW, my favorites are Virgin, Southwest, Midland Mainline and Southern.

Kind of, but due to the lack of mulitplayer in trainz, we have to use a hour logging kind of system, where people join, choose an appropriate time on the timetable, and complete that route. Any errors, derailements or delays must be announced as to provide information on how the routes should be modified or the timetable changed. Obviously, if there was a derailment, images should be posted and details also, for example, the speed at which the train was travelling, its position on the line ect, so we can close the line, thus delaying any trains travelling on it.

Cheers

Stephen

jmx3.jpg

Jmx News:
Jmx now has a planned, almost finalised launch date, Saturday, 10th March 15:20 GMT. From here, all drivers will be able to complete routes from the timetable, however freight services will start on Tuesday 13th March 17:00 GMT, to allow possible promotions to Second Class Driver, which is required for you to perform the tasks. Until then, the management team and all of the other services who work extra hard to make this release date seem ever closer to possible will make sure all pre launch duties and checks are complete,

Thank You

Stephen
Jmx Rail Representative and CEO

Back