UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Ah! It's GREAT to be back!

Let's see if I can do this like I used to..

South London with High Graphics?

hz9121p.jpg
Great stuff Tanker, but what's the diesel shunter, above?

Paul

Aha the forum's open again! Time to post a screenshot.

Not one I did recently (this is from about a month ago), but here is a picture of my Black Five, No. 45110 with the 15 Guinea Special on 11 August 1968. The 1T57 board is a last-minute addition I made to the model solely for the purpose of doing this picture. Like everything I do, it will be available to acquire for yourself at an as-yet undetermined point in the future.

Thanks,
Connor.

image.png

Looks like the Maunsell shunter that he teased a few months ago, I believe one of Barney's models but happy to be corrected. Skipper1945 currently has one on the DLS.

Cheers,

PLP
That it IS Parker! It's almost ready for release minus the livery and numbering scripts! With any hope it should be dropping in along with a few additional surprises we're making to go along with it!

wkYdkPE.jpg

Barney and I have been working on a LOT of stuff together and we can't wait for you guys to enjoy it in the near future!

That it IS Parker! It's almost ready for release minus the livery and numbering scripts! With any hope it should be dropping in along with a few additional surprises we're making to go along with it!

<picture snipped>

Barney and I have been working on a LOT of stuff together and we can't wait for you guys to enjoy it in the near future!
That sounds more than a little interesting Tanker. Now I'm wondering what you two have got hidden away in your goody bag. :)

kHBKLdk.jpg

Zq1FnaB.jpg

Hi all,

Excellent shots, great to see everyone back. Just after a bit of help if anyone is able to please - does anyone have any idea how to post an image to the new forums? Copying directly from Imgur no longer seems to work and copying and pasting the links into the 'insert image' link doesn't seem to work as it tells me 'the image can't be loaded from the passed link'.

Cheers,

PLP

Hi all,

Excellent shots, great to see everyone back. Just after a bit of help if anyone is able to please - does anyone have any idea how to post an image to the new forums? Copying directly from Imgur no longer seems to work and copying and pasting the links into the 'insert image' link doesn't seem to work as it tells me 'the image can't be loaded from the passed link'.

Cheers,

PLP
Unless something has changed in the new forums over the last day or so then I have to say that using Imgur as I have done so in the old forums, I've successfully posted screenshots in the new forum without any bother...so far 🤨

Edit:
PCQXLyk.jpg

Old screenie used to test, courtesy Imgur - posted without problems!

Rob.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for that, something is definitely up my end then - I upload the picture to Imgur as usual, and then click 'copy'. When I try to paste it here though it's blank and just inserts a space...

Did you use the copy and paste method or did you insert it via the URL option?

Cheers,

PLP

H8HpxRK.jpg

pGZe76u.jpg

6fpy8dz.jpg

3mEZKOY.jpg

Aha I think I've done it! Apologies for spamming the thread - it appears that once it is uploaded to Imgur I now need to open the image in a new window and then enter that URL - not the link generated by Imgur itself. It's only one extra step so hardly a deal breaker.

Cheers,

PLP

Last edited:
Hi Rob,

Thanks for that, something is definitely up my end then - I upload the picture to Imgur as usual, and then click 'copy'. When I try to paste it here though it's blank and just inserts a space...

Did you use the copy and paste method or did you insert it via the URL option?

Cheers,

PLP
I just copy the BBcode link from my images in Imgur and paste that in my Trainz forum post so 'copy and paste' I suppose! Same as I've always done for screenshots!

Nice shots BTW!

Rob.

My experience (thanks to some helpful advice) is that the BBcode forum address no longer works but the direct link one does. So it's a minor change to the process. I've no idea why.....

Some shots at Ashby, when at its largest circa 1917. Johnson 0-6-0 with a mid morning Leicester bound train from Burton rolls in past the malt houses and cattle docks. 0-4-4 shunts in the background.

JkiKirQ.jpg

OMI8MXu.jpg

hUukwhI.jpg

At its height, Ashby de la Zouch boasted 3 platforms (one for the Melbourne branch north to Derby, connected by a footpath across the yard), 6 sidings, one for the Burton Brewery Co malthouses. A 3 wagon goods shed, cattle docks, fish house and a small turntable.

Vu9sFeW.jpg

3F No.7449 of Coalville Shed shunts empty coal wagons and a loaded van from the Ashby Gas Works and the Soap factory siding over Tamworth Road crossing to the yard.
The 3rd platform of Ashby can be seen up ahead.

Tamworth Road Crossing's Box was later replaced by a ground frame like all of the other level crossings in Ashby.

zAjEyX1.jpg

Great shots all!

A final one from me tonight of Hunslet Austerity Whiston traversing the rarely used section of line towards Network Rail, seen here with a small goods train of mineral wagons from the exchange sidings heading for Caverswall station. This end of the line is no exception to the harsh gradients as seen here - at 1:37 it's certainly a challenge in cab mode to maintain momentum without exceeding the 15mph speed limit.

CIl0b3t.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Great shots all!

A final one from me tonight of Hunslet Austerity Whiston traversing the rarely used section of line towards Network Rail, seen here with a small goods train of mineral wagons from the exchange sidings heading for Caverswall station. This end of the line is no exception to the harsh gradients as seen here - at 1:37 it's certainly a challenge in cab mode to maintain momentum without exceeding the 15mph speed limit.

CIl0b3t.jpg

Cheers,

PLP
She's working hard!

Excellent screenshots George and PLP.
Good to see the work you've been doing on Ashby George, - and the Foxfield line you've been testing out looks really interesting PLP.

Here's some snaps I took of Beyer-Peacock 'Jubilee' working a short express train from the West Norfolk Railway on my 'hidden in a fold in the map' Norfolk layout.

The third carriage in the train is a LNWR 6w Picnic Saloon.
cizHvQZ.jpg

MNwi7jS.jpg

053eq17.jpg

Leaving Moxbury and heading east.
w2wx7Ix.jpg

Back