UK Content - what do we need?

That's good to know. I think that on the whole, recent work on stations has been pretty good, eg Liverpool Street and St. Pancras.

In the 'fifties there was no money, we were still on our knees after the war. That's why so little was changed, and why anything still standing seemed almost Victorian in appearance.

Then the prosperity of the 'sixties came along, and all hell broke loose.

Mick Berg.

I think they're supposed to start work on rebuilding the frontage of Kings Cross how it was originally, and re-opening the York Way side entrance, this year, too.

But yeah, the Euston rebuild has been promised since, well, the 90s basically. But Network Rail/UK Land committed to demolishing the station and rebuilding it to the original plans back in 2005, that appears to have fallen through, with the belief that the work would be simply too disruptive to traffic.

The current plan is that Euston will be rebuilt, but not quite as extensively as demolish + rebuild would be (I don't think they're planning to restore the number of platforms as the 2005 plan was, for example), and the original archway design is one of the features of the current plan. It's supposed to either start 2011/2012 OR 'alongside the installation of HS2' depending on which sources you want to believe. Of course spending money on creating jobs doesn't seem to be a current goal, so it'll probably have to wait until the war with Eurasia ends.

I have made a 50's Widened Lines route, that's why I'm so keen to get this wonderful stuff from Andi06. It will improve the route enormously. All I need now is some pre-1959 LU stock.
Mick Berg.

Agreed.... Now we have the Sarah I think we need some 1923 - 34 standard stock, (hopeing some kind sole in trainzland will take the hint)

http://www.20thcenturylondon.org.uk/server.php?show=conObject.2571&pp=10&search_word=&catId

They have tonnes of character and very evocative or 1950's London

I have fond memories of these while on hiliday on the Isile of Wight in the 80's although they were in BR Blue Grey livery

:)

Andy

Last edited:
Here is the first set of light industrial units....
As can be seen there are several that can be mixed and matched. On the left is the full set as a complete module and then they gradually decrese in 3, 3, 1 and then the office.

Now working on a second set.

Angela

Those are great, you could probably use these when modeling any part tof the world... You are pumping out some high quality stuff and it's very much appreciated.

:clap::Y::clap:

Andy

Agreed.... Now we have the Sarah I think we need some 1923 - 34 standard stock, (hopeing some kind sole in trainzland will take the hint)

http://www.20thcenturylondon.org.uk/server.php?show=conObject.2571&pp=10&search_word=&catId

They have tonnes of character and very evocative or 1950's London

I have fond memories of these while on hiliday on the Isile of Wight in the 80's although they were in BR Blue Grey livery

:)

Andy
Paulz trainz has Metropolitan stock that goes with the Metrovic locos. It's pretty good.

Mick Berg.

Art Deco - I'm going to give it a go...

I've got an upcoming deployment overseas, but once back at home (anywhere between two and twelve months) I'm going to delve into the world of content creation and give some British landmarks of the 1920's to 1940's a go. I'm not entirely sure which buildings I'll be starting with, but given I'll be approaching this entirely green to the process I'll start small. If anyone has any ideas of something in the Art-Deco style that they'd like to see on one of their routes, let me know and I'll start drawing up a to-do list.

The buildings I linked photos for in my earlier post on this thread are already on that list.

Peace.
Robertd81

Also wanted by me are GWR Hawksworth stock. I've got a couple of diagrams, but they are not very good. Does anyone know of an GWR line diagram book of coaches along the lines of the excellent `Historic Carriage Drawings` series by Pendragon Partnership?

I've heard this one a couple of times. The curved roof bits at the end don't look fun but they could be done. What lengths were they? Yen I know I have Russel lying round and can probably look it up.

Thanks John

Great Western Coaches, Official Drawings No.3 (ISBN 1-874103-42-9) is inexpensive and has good drawings of a Hawksworth Brake Third. The trailer car in my AEC Railcar set is loosely based on a Hawksworth vehicle but it isn't a particularly good or accurate model.

Well I have a copy on the shelf so that might help.

Thanks John

Or, some nice UK workable level crossings, the level crossings we have at the minute are ok, but you either get the road dissapearing into the baseboard when attached to a level crossing, or the road is hollow underneath were the tracks are, so the road and the traffic float over the crossing...

The ATLS Boat level crossings are good, but take an age to build and set up, and need a multitude of dependencies to get them working right, I never use the level crossings in Trainz for this specific reason...

If the crossings were already built, with barriers and a road with all the hatch markings, with say a box you can open, saying at what distance you want the barriers to fall, or gates to close before the train arrives, would be brilliant, or even attached movable track markers with the crossing, so the timeing of the barriers can be set to drop, and open once a train has been, would be an excellent addition to Train Simulator. It is quite sad that a rail simulator doesnt even have accuratly working level crossings, that are ready to go once placed on the baseboard.

Many thanks to anyone who takes up the challenge, if they dare...;)

Joe Airtime

I'm seeing some beta stuff along these lines at the moment. Want to prioritise what you'd like to see.

Thanks John

I'm seeing some beta stuff along these lines at the moment. Want to prioritise what you'd like to see.

Thanks John

Hi John, hope you are ok.

I was thinking of the UK standard double track crossing, I know bloodnock made the one below for Trainz 2004/Trainz 2006, and I believe he was looking at remaking them for trainz 2010, because after you save your session, the barriers don't work and stay up as a train passes.

VSR_UK_Skirted_Full_Barrier_level_crossing.jpg

UK standard double track crossing

I was looking for a crossing similar to the one above, were the barriers stay down, so you can place traffic either side, and make it look as though they have been waiting for a train to pass, if the barriers move, then that can be an added feature.

I tried using the BOAT ones, which are superb, but all his barriers are pointing in the air, as they have to be set by commands to make them work. I was after barriers that were set down, with the flashing lights either side, but with no alarm bell/siren noise attached.

The above is not a must do demand, just a nice to see it in trainz if possible.

Many thanks John for your reply, and thank you for your valuable help in the past, very much appreciated, keep well.

Joe Airtime

...I tried using the BOAT ones, which are superb, but all his barriers are pointing in the air, as they have to be set by commands to make them work....

The Boat's crossings use barriers created by Adrian19. Just out of interest I have been messing with a clone of one of Adrian's barriers and manged to get it to stay down by editing the "Raise" void, and two calls to it, out of the script file. This is a crude hack and it would be better if a scripter did it properly.

I won't be taking this any further, just thought I'd mention it in case it is of some use to anyone.

Last edited:
There are actually a number of single and double UK crossings that are complete units. All that is required is the addition of boat's traffic stoppers and track triggers. Not quite as flexible as the individual ATLS items but definitely a time saver if you want a 90 degree crossing. Search boat on the DLS and you'll find them. There are 4 AHB and 4 MCB versions.

To keep the barriers down is a simple task. Dont use ATLS triggers on the track but set up everything else. When you set up a train in the edit session use the ATLS driver command (make sure it is checked for use) and place it once only in a drivers schedule set to the channel of the controller for the crossing. As there are no other triggers to activate the crossing it will stay down.

Boat has done some crossings which are already set up, only the setting of the channels and trigers needed.

Last edited:
Thank you itareus for your suggestion and also Thank you stagecoach for the work around, I will give both ideas a go, and see what comes out better.

Many thanks once again for your valuable help.

Joe Airtime

Can I bump this.. as its something needed!

Theres a lot of great signs, but not the kind i'm after.. I'm after a brown tourist attraction sign. Anyone able to knock one out or are there any signs that would suit being re-skinned?

gmax

Can I bump this.. as its something needed!

Theres a lot of great signs, but not the kind i'm after.. I'm after a brown tourist attraction sign. Anyone able to knock one out or are there any signs that would suit being re-skinned?

Why don't you have a go, gmax isn't the bogy man people make out.

Angela

Why don't you have a go, gmax isn't the bogy man people make out.

Angela

I've tried and its not for me. I did more recently try Blender but couldn't find any tutorials that were the same version..
I'd rather see if its already out there or able to be re-skinned (something I can do). Theres already a few people who have made a lot of great signs so its no harm asking.

There is a couple out there somewhere. I have used them on my own routes but can't recall names or places. I'm sure they were from the DLS or could have been built in to 06.
I'll try to look later. :wave:

Back