turntable woes

Ghost42

I can download turntable examples made in Tane which operate normally in '22 but if I try to replicate one in my route I finish up with a red bug and a static table.
I have tried three types of turntable with the same result.
Does anyone have working table they use and could point me to it?

Results so far... both Movetable rules need to be present, this will enable the loco to mount the table and rotate.
Once rotated it will refuse to proceed to a trackmark.
If driven manually it will derail (on the stub it has previously used).
I have set up two different tables with the same result.

What are the kuids for the assets you are trying to get to work and what version/build of Trainz are you using? I've been using turntables since TANE and I've never had any problem with them; indeed I've just checked on a route and it all works as intended, both under manual and AI control.

Cheers,

PLP

Ah, thanks for helping hand! AJS turntable and 297 120ft turntable.
A simple setup for testing, move to marker on the skirt, 5 sec, rotate to turn 12, move to exit marker, basically a 180 turn then off.
as the symptoms are similar it may be at a wild guess thar the turntable rule is not releasing.
TRS22 123801.

I have just tested an example I have on the dls written in tane and has exactly the same problem, derails on exit.
works well in tane, I'll check the setup.

Last edited:
It's working so far on my end with AJS turntable but I'm trying a few different things. In the meantime, try downloading <kuid:425700:102445> CL 50ft Turntable if you're able and see if this works for you - this is all one asset without separate stubs so I wonder if they're somehow behaving differently?

Cheers,

PLP

Yep, I ran into the same issue in the end - though not straightaway which was odd. It initially worked and the loco drove onto the turntable, was turned, and then exited normally. However I noticed that following turning the heading of the loco had reversed. Upon the AI driving it back on and turning, it then derailed on the stub when trying to exit. I've no idea why, I'm guessing it must be something to do with either the stub somehow conflicting with the AI or the rule is somehow broken, though that doesn't explain why it initially worked nor why it would derail the loco.

As reference, I tried it in Trainz+ build 123794. Sorry I couldn't be more help, though let me know the outcome of the turntable I mentioned above. Hope you manage to get it sorted!

Cheers,

PLP

Working at it....
Not set it up correctly, turns 24, it seems to do a 180 only, off to the config. (180 it what I need)
I have arotating table but because it rorares 160 I have to add trackmake sure it will exit.

It refuses to exit, 'view details' of the engine shows it gets the command 'drive to trackmark'. The red bug is ominous :(

Last edited:
Working at it....
Not set it up correctly, turns 24, it seems to do a 180 only, off to the config. (180 it what I need)
I have arotating table but because it rorares 160 I have to add trackmake sure it will exit.

It refuses to exit, 'view details' of the engine shows it gets the command 'drive to trackmark'. The red bug is ominous :(
Taking over and driving manually results in a derail.

The spinner has detached from the asset. It's like when the attached track in an industry separates from the asset. The turntable does not like being moved once placed. When rotating it goes from 0 to 23. A 180 turn would be 11, not 12.
I am using
<kuid:187586:28215> Turntable 80ft 22 Track
<kuid:187586:28164> Turntable 72ft Rebuilt

The spinner has detached from the asset. It's like when the attached track in an industry separates from the asset. The turntable does not like being moved once placed. When rotating it goes from 0 to 23. A 180 turn would be 11, not 12.

I am using
<kuid:187586:28215> Turntable 80ft 22 Track
<kuid:187586:28164> Turntable 72ft Rebuilt
I'll try those if they fail I'll take it that the problem is at my end and resort to turning round the loco the same way I do with my car using a 'Y' where space permits.
There are two Movetable scripts, could you tell me which one you are using, two authors so one does not obsolete the other.

Last edited:
I now only use the following kuid <kuid:458053:108204> Move turntable -command it is a lot easier as you don't need to set up any rules.
The actual turntable unit is a separate part of the overall turntable, like transfer tables and helicopter lift tables, even working locks. They all will detach from time to time but once placed do seem to work ok. They prefer to stay at the angle they are placed at, rotating them is often when they get detached.

I used the 72ft table and the very useful command but still results in a stuck loco, switching to manual and trying to exit results in a derail. the problem is definately my end.

Check that the track level joining the turntable is straight and level. Get the spline point height of the turntable attachment point and make sure the track joining is at the same height.

Edit
I have just tried the two turntables (AJS AND 297 120ft) and they work fine. They are set up so 0 and 12 are opposite each other for a 180 turnaround. I notice that the stub has two connecting points, one is short of the actual table. Make sure the stubs red square lines up on the inside of the turntable wall. You can see the stub track touch the turntable track.

Last edited:
Just tried your cdp and it worked fine. The one thing Ive noticed is that 0 no longer counts as the first point so you need to use 6 for the 180 rotation.

Just tried your cdp and it worked fine. The one thing Ive noticed is that 0 no longer counts as the first point so you need to use 6 for the 180 rotation.
That clears that up - something going on this end, thanks.
A fresh install of trs22 and it works like a dream, I'll transfer my main route now and hope for improvement.
Without the cdp being tested elsewhere I would have been none the wiser, thanks again!

Last edited:
The best one I saw so far is TBS 130' Roundhouse Kit, Turntable D49 from DON49PLM
I found it when I was downloading the extra content for Mohawk Industrial Railroad
It has 48 store units on 1 turntable
can be found here: Roundhouse Kit

I now only use the following kuid <kuid:458053:108204> Move turntable -command it is a lot easier as you don't need to set up any rules.
The actual turntable unit is a separate part of the overall turntable, like transfer tables and helicopter lift tables, even working locks. They all will detach from time to time but once placed do seem to work ok. They prefer to stay at the angle they are placed at, rotating them is often when they get detached.
Hi Stagecoach,

can you use Move turntable command , on any turntable.?

I like and use the standard Auran Turntable.

Back