Problems when trying to import dlc from Tane steam version to Trainz 22 Platinum steam version.

SirGreg

Hello people of trains before 3 days i bought Trainz 22 Platinum and i wanted to transfer my Tane content (steam dlc).I exported some dlc from Tane content manager and later i made a file import to Trainz 22 content manager. Result was a fail, some dependencies are ok and some are (red) faulty. Its not possible to download from dls though they are actually payware, those red deps.I red in a page of our forum that this can be solved only by conducting the help desk. Does anybody know how to contact is there a link for this or any other tip? Thanks in advance.

You need to use the Content Store, the button on the Launcher, to install any DLC you purchased. Once in the Content Store, click on the Purchased tab and install the DLC items. Only install a few at a time because the software may lock up if you download more than that.

Thank you for the response JCitron, unfortunately the content store does not support steam dlc, at least for the current moment. I managed to find the helpdesk section, which was very helpful to me as i found the exact answer to my question. They are saying that it will be for steam users a some kind of a list, so they will be able to import their Tane dlc for example to Trainz 22. This is not available right now, they mention (coming soon). So i guess we have to give time to the team to fix this matter so that we will enjoy our precious content in Trainz 22 aswell.

The Content Store, most certainly does support Steam DLC.

The best way to import your TANE DLC into TRS22, navigate to the AppData\Local\NV3 Games inside the TANE and Build folders. Copy the 'Packages' folder, then Paste that to AppData\Local\NV3 Games\trs22 then inside the Build folder..

Rebuild Trainz database, exit and relaunch Trainz! Done :)

I think i understood exactly what you wrote Phil and it seems reasonable to give it a try. I tried something that i explained at the start but not this. Thanks in advance i will try and i will inform of the result.

So i found the package folder from Tane and copy pasted to package folder in Trainz 22 it was about 32GB of Tane dlc content. I also rebuilded the Trainz database which showed 7 errors and 190 warnings. I entered the game but no change in the content store the purchased list is exactly as it was before. I have to mention also that i have not one faulty depedency so far.

Last edited:
So i found the package folder from Tane and copy pasted to package folder in Trainz 22 it was about 32GB of Tane dlc content. I also rebuilded the Trainz database which showed 7 errors and 190 warnings. I entered the game but no change in the content store the purchased list is exactly as it was before.
All your TANE DLC will appear as 'steam:xxxxxxx' the xxxxxxx is special numbers that NOBODY is allowed to know! If you do have TANE installed, load it up and go into content store and click on every DLC you own and write down the Steam ID 'steam:xxxxxxx'

Use the Steam ID, to find your TANE DLC in TRS22, content store! You can uninstalled then reinstall the routes, locos or rolling stock that you have purchased for TANE in TRS22.

All your TANE DLC will appear as 'steam:xxxxxxx' the xxxxxxx is special numbers that NOBODY is allowed to know! If you do have TANE installed, load it up and go into content store and click on every DLC you own and write down the Steam ID 'steam:xxxxxxx'

Use the Steam ID, to find your TANE DLC in TRS22, content store! You can uninstalled then reinstall the routes, locos or rolling stock that you have purchased for TANE in TRS22.
I have Tane installed until the dlc packages will show in Trainz 22. I will continue with your tips and again i will inform about the result.

So far no progress, good the things you are suggesting but something is missing, for example i red a thread you are helping someone to do the same thing from Trainz 19 to Trainz 22 but you tell him not only to copy /paste the packages folder but the local folder ,packages folder and another folder xxxxxxx if i remember correct for the last one, so actually 3 folders and not one. In content store when i loggin with Tane it shows only what i have not purchased so it is not easy to click on my dlc and get the steam ID you are mentioning. Any advices are wellcome in this thread.

I only suggested copying the 'Packages' folder, as I know that this folder contains all payware DLCs. I don't think payware DLC assets are located in 'Original' or the 'Local' folders. These normally contain files from the DLS!

But it is certainly optional to copy the 'Original' and 'Local' folders. Just don't forget to rebuild the database...

If you are still having issues, I would advise you to uninstall all your TANE routes from TRS22. Then do the following.

1) Exit TRS22, then restart TRS22 'DO not launch TANE'.
2) Install only TRS22 TANE routes, if any with (TANE) in the title
3) Rebuild TRS22 database, exit TRS22 and relaunch TRS22.

Hopefully, everything will work. Do not install any TANE payware routes that is already installed from TRS22 (TANE) routes

For example: Warwick to Wallangarra 'TANE original' Warwick to Wallangarra (TANE) TRS22 original. You would only need to install the (TANE) TRS22 route.
It is confusing, but I hope you understand what I'm saying mate! Best of luck, report back soon!!

Back