TUME’s Simulation of “The Milwaukee Road”

Hallo KWT96,

the Motorhome has been made by myself – inspired because of my Canada Tripp in 2004. There are two versions of it, a Cruise Canada and a Majestic livery. As well, I created an Ambulance and a ford truck. All have driver interiors. I just have to create a new engine sound file for it, as the diesel switcher sound, used now, does not meet too much the reality. But I hop, also my road vehicles could be released during this year. So it is not at DLS jet.
The steam engine will need much more attention, as it still needs its complicated workable driver cab and so on.

But may for the time being, you just have a look on this:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=46383507

Cheers Uwe
Do you know what time you would release your road vehicles this year and are they going to be on the Download Station??????

Do you know what time you would release your road vehicles this year and are they going to be on the Download Station??????
Hallo,

your question here leads quite to the same answer, as given in the thread “Milwaukee Road’s Power Supply”.

Place of release – well there is a lot of stuff, I am thinking about at present. I want to get my Milwaukee Road Bitterroot section released after the summer. But besides the TRS2006 built in content and a lot of DLS content, it contains also more than 350 items of my own creation. Also I made nearly al of my locomotives as a set of items in its different livery versions equipped with different mesh and texture as required as well as with running numbers. This also includes the need of different versions of bogeys and cab interiors. I am thinking about making a separate “TUME” web page to be able to make the route and its contend available as some bundles. Also I would create download bundles for the electrics e.g. a Box-Cab-Electric-Bundle and a Little-Joe-Bundle and so on, containing many different time versions of the Box-Cab’s and the Little-Joe’s including a one base board route containing the consist of the different Box-Cab and Little-Joe assemblies as used by the Milwaukee Road, so any user will be able to use the different units in the way, which is historically right – for those who take care of it.

At such a page, I would also release my road vehicles as soon as I have finished the engine sound and have done an adequate engine file for it. Probably I will put some of the locomotives and road vehicles onto DLS, but in connection with an external download.

Cheers Uwe

I also have another few qusetions

1.Whats going to be the name of your webpage? and when is it going to be launched???

2.What road vehicles are you going to upload to the Download Station??

3.In the video Wild West Transportation, did you create the wild west route???

Last edited:
I also have another few qusetions

1.Whats going to be the name of your webpage? and when is it going to be launched???

2.What road vehicles are you going to upload to the Download Station??

3.In the video Wild West Transportation, did you create the wild west route???
Hallo,

at the moment, I have no name defined for the page and I can not tell an date, when it starts – but it should be at the end of the summer.

All my creations will make its way to be available for the public. I may create a slideshow about it, to give a little preview.

I would have to dig for the name of the dessert base boards – it is DLS stuff, but a lot changed by me, to meet the requirements for my video. Just the road scenes and the scenes within my SF FP45’s have been captured at my Windslow - Flagstaff – Route, I once started as a secondary project. Therefore I created the Canyon Diablo Bridge – also at the video.

34d95f83.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

b77a9eb0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Cheers Uwe

So does that mean ALL of your content will be on the Download Station?????

Last edited:
So does that mean ALL of your content will be on the Download Station?????
No – it does not. I am thinking about the possibility to create my own web page for the project.
As I described, the route includes about 350 items and my I will just create bundles for the content, so you don’t have to download each object from DLS.
Also the route itself is large in file size. Someone told me, there is a file size limitation for uploads. So this may course the need to release it at a separate page. But still, I have some work to do about the objects, as described before.

But now, I also submitted the route following Auran’s call for routes – so we will see. But still the aim is – to get it done quickly :)

Just see some more impression screens of my Milwaukee Road Route.

Westbound pulling out of Tunnel No. 26

Johnsons Big Cut - between Kelly Creek Trestle and Barns Creek Trestle.

Johnsons Big Cut - real Photo

Crossing Barns Creek Trestle - view from Little Joe's driver cab, back into the Loop Creek Canyon - Russel Creek Trestle in background.

Olympian Hiawatha speeds through Eastportal.

Salteese Treste, NP-Lookout Pass Line and Interstate 90.

By the way – the Interstate 90 and the old Highway 10 – still around during this time, as well as a lot of Logging Roads have been created as drivable “Road Track”. So you can run drivable road vehicles on it – like the Logging Truck at the video.

And here again the link to the video:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=55290062

Cheers Uwe

You have really good shades of green in your scenery. Not too vivid and toy-like. Where'd you get those conifers? (First pic link)
Hallo,

I created this conifers by myself, just using a changed texture from dmdrake with permission at my own mesh. I will release the trees within at other objects, I have created fort he route. At the moment, I am about to create thumbnails for it and to fix some tags at the config files.

But just for the moment – here comes some more screens.

The first 10 screens – the next at another reply, because of the limitation.

Cheers Uwe

Fantastic work!

I created this conifers by myself, just using a changed texture from dmdrake with permission at my own mesh.

And what a great job you did with your trees Uwe. :D The route is looking fantastic!

Dave :wave:

And what a great job you did with your trees Uwe. :D The route is looking fantastic!

Dave :wave:

Thank you David! :)

I would have built even more bushes, trees and gras in, but it seems, TRS2006 came to a limitation about handable textures. I had to make a optimization anyway, so I have to stay with the detail level, as it is now – but may the route could be improved within a change to TS2009.

… and here comes the next pictures.

Going under Stetson Bridge.

under
Going under Stetson Bridge.

Cheers Uwe

The autorack originally comes from majekear – great thanks for creating it!
I just added a set of attachments points for the car loads to it and created the car loads by using the Falcon from Auran's Art Source CD, as well as I did the needed config settings.

Just for the presentation video, I once have made a 3-Level- open-Autorack by using the nice original “AutorackOpenCN740161” from majekear (KUID: 56063:140100), making it working for car loads by adding the required attachment points from Gmax within of dummy technique.
When I was creating the car loads, I just had to accept, that a 3-Level-Autorack just works only for small car, so I stack within the “Falcon”. Right now, I created a complete new (mesh and texture) 3-Level- open-Autorack for the “Falcon” and “Jetta” cars as well as a 2-Level- open-Autorack for the “Hillux”, the “Van” and the “4x4” cars. I created the car loads by using the sources of Aurans Art Source DC by improving some of the mesh for better looking wheels and underframes as well as I changed the texture for a variation of car colors.

As I just worked from photos, helpful critisise is very welcome – thanks.

Cheers Uwe

Hi Tume,

I think they look great. The only thing I am curious about is the flooring. Was it made of wood? I wonder why they would do that? As well, perhaps you might want to make a *mixed car* autorack, although these look great. :)

By the way, I like your banner!

Keep up the great work!

:wave:

Gisa ^^

Hi Tume,

I think they look great. The only thing I am curious about is the flooring. Was it made of wood? I wonder why they would do that? As well, perhaps you might want to make a *mixed car* autorack, although these look great. :)

By the way, I like your banner!

Keep up the great work!

Gisa ^^

Yes, I used a wood texture for the floor. But may I should go for some kind of metal grid or profiled steel surface – similar to majekear’s original floor texture. The photos did not really show what the floor’s has been made from.

I agree, a mixture of cars would look nice, but I thought, that the car industry does not supply a mixture of cars. So I am not sure about a mixed supply of Falcons (Ford) and Jettas (Volkswagen). But a mixture of Hillux and Vans may not confuse any car fans. :)

Thanks because of the signature – just some of my creations, I have spent many times to work at it. :)

I would go with a metal floor (to help water drain) but I am by no means an expert and it's up to you.

If you wanted you could also make an autorack that is not industry enabled but has mixed cars (just for show).

You truly have a talent when it comes to creating and I hope you continue to stick with it!

Gisa

I would go with a metal floor (to help water drain) but I am by no means an expert and it's up to you.

If you wanted you could also make an autorack that is not industry enabled but has mixed cars (just for show).

You truly have a talent when it comes to creating and I hope you continue to stick with it!

Gisa

Yes, I agree with you – it just makes sense. I created a diamond profiled metal surface including wheel lanes – so may this brings it closer to reality.

Thanks for your help! :)

autorackgmax01.jpg

Cheers Uwe

Hi Tume,

I didn't really help you at all: I just offered my opinion, but I take your thanks and return it by saying "you are welcome!".

I like the texture you used as it looks much more realistic. That being said, I thought they would use an *open grate* sort of system without a wheel base (so rain and snow could go through). I tried to find some pictures on the internet but I couldn't seem to find any. It was hard to find the floor but it looked like solid metal. I don't know if there is a wheel base but yeah it looks better now.

Gisa ^^

Those Milwaukee Road SD40-2's - whose model is that? Auran's mesh? SPORBUST? Yours? Or someone else's? In some shots, it appears to be Auran's.

Back