20227fd5bd068c4d671be85f463a03bc.jpg

cd873a1f16cfe90cd633f75263d05822.jpg

9d12135d7c68b0a7884ae2594beb65d7.jpg

Hills beyond the eye can see!

0e87e498f971e1c134198cbd6242137e.jpg

1c341b04f7edd26e4196d41eba361a75.jpg

More to come!

Hi Thomas10

Great to see more screenies so far from your good-self. My own route is being built differently to how yours is as I am concentrating firstly on all track and stations, of which has seen extensive re-building to iron out any future problems. As I don't always get spare time on the PC each day, my route is seeing bits and pieces done to it first from a check-list i have written down - that way so I know what has been recently installed and what has yet to be added. No new screenies from me for a while as I have had to majorly fiddle about with my iTunes 11.1 player after adding yet more albums to it (195 albums so far and 5100+ songs...) and this was more time consuming and important to be attended to....

Andy.

Thanks again Andy! : )
I do tend to build my routes in random strange ways, and I often come up with ideas for it while making it-but to be honest I usually do not make much planning, but for my fictional routes I usually have a visual of what I am going to do on those baseboards. I think your checklist idea sounds cool and I like how you use it to know what needs to be added to the route.
Thomas
P.S. That's a lot of songs! :D

My checklist, which i'll re-write out again to include extra things such as trackside fencing and UK track-circuit relay cabinet boxes, UK railway warning signs and other bits & pieces. I'll have it written out in order of priority something like this..

* Track (main line)

* platforms

* signalling

* Goods yards

* station and goods yard buildings

* level crossing configuration with ATLS (UK version)

That way I know that what has been done and what is yet to go in and be marked off the list. Easier for me to build all track and sidings first by going from when I built a OO-gauge railway layout on a chip-board baseboard in the garden shed many years ago and having Hornby railway stock on it.

Going off-subject briefly, my iTunes 11.1 is stuffed with tons of UK top 75 chart music from the 1960s right up to 2006, with the majority (about 2000+ UK chart songs) from the 1980s. So when I'm fiddling about with bits and pieces on my Wisbech branch recreation I have my iPod churning out some classic proper music from the 1980s. It helps me to concentrate in building up all the seperate layers on my route one at a time.

I'm currently implementing major changes to all track, passing loops, sidings and stations on my route to improve ease of access and prevent any future problems when eventually running timetabled train services and shunting stock between the various goods yards. when I get round to posting screenshots again, I'll start a new thread up as my previous wisbech thread ended up as one big advert for DEM of which it was starting to annoy me. My new thread I'll mention that references to DEM will not be welcome as I and I'm sure you and other users on these forums don't want to see it mentioned all the time.

Andy.

Last edited:
Potentially a line off of the main route-

The route that has been shown in the past screenshots is basically the main route, and so far it has been the only one. But I am most likely going to make two routes merge, (one joining into the main route) and from the main route, that new line will lead to an even bigger city, that will be very close, if not part of the very first city on the route (in the very first screenshot on the thread.) That way both the main route and the new route will lead up to a big metropolis, or at least another city. In the future, I might make even more routes branching off of the future city, and make a larger railroad, but let's not get ahead of ourselves!

The new route I will make merging off the main one will also have a 3rd rail and I will put some m7s on the line.

Last edited:
seems like you're going to very busy for a while in adding more environment.

My own route is coming together now, and I have added more baseboards either side of the main baseboard (which has the branch line on it) so I can further add to and expand the surrounding landscape environment. Work is a bit slow as I'm using Google Street View to finely map, measure out and finely detail everything from trackside to the edge of the furthest baseboard from it. My Wisbech thread is now showing matching screenshots so other trainzers can compare the google source image to my own work and to suggest any improvements to it. I'm not just building a recreation of a former railway line, I'm also bringing to life the surrounding countryside and eventually the towns as well loosely associated with the railway. See my own thread for latest progress updates.

Andy

Andy

That's pretty awesome! Google Maps sure is helpful for trying to replicate routes. On Google Earth there's a ruler and you can measure the distance of any area by clicking and dragging (meters, kilometers, feet, miles etc.) And you can make a ruler in Trainz surveyor to get the measurements and make things exact. I'll check out how your route is going!

Hey everyone-
just wanted to apologize that I haven't updated this page in quite a while. I've been busy with things outside Trainz and haven't gotten around to working on this route. Hopefully I'll continue sooner or later!
Thomas10

Back