Trainz Route Request

tlorey

Has anyone else received a request from Trainz to submit routes? I received such a request that said "Routes Needed." I replied to the request - I said I had a route they could use. I even sent them pictures of my route. But to date I've heard nothing back from them. If they do need routes I think they would have replied to me. I wonder what this request was really all about?

How did you receive this request? Email, PM, newsletter? I do not recall seeing any such request myself but it may have been part of a previous newsletter that I overlooked.

Has anyone else received a request from Trainz to submit routes? I received such a request that said "Routes Needed." I replied to the request - I said I had a route they could use. I even sent them pictures of my route. But to date I've heard nothing back from them. If they do need routes I think they would have replied to me. I wonder what this request was really all about?

It set it out rather clearly I thought; they are looking for new routes to include in future versions of Trainz and wanted content creators to submit their routes if they were interested. There is, of course, no guarantee that it will be picked but by submitting your route for N3V to download and see for themselves opens up the possibility of your work being featured as part of the base game. I had this email myself on 4th July and received a reply later that same day, plus a follow up email last week to say they were downloading it and were going to check it out. I haven't heard anything since but as I imagine hundreds have sent in routes to test that's not surprising, so it'll be a game of wait and see.

Cheers,

PLP

I've also received the email and responded back. Since I have the route in beta testing alright on the TCCP website I gave them the SC number so they could download and take a look at it. I've received a response saying they'll take a look at it and that was it so my guess is they received several submissions they have to go through to narrow it down to 5(?) routes that'd be feature in the next Trainz game.

I do have a backup plan should it not make it to builtin needs so it won't go to waste.

Cheers

Back