Trainz Plus Beta Update 104016 (PC) and 104021 (Mac)

• Whatever the filter, Content Manager now says "X of 0 items displayed".
• Moving on the map by right-clicking doesn't work anymore in Surveyor, neither for routes or sessions. This is very annoying when creating sessions! No problem in Driver.

Last edited:
I noticed in build 104016, that after I had repaired a faulty asset and submitted the edit in Content Manager, the asset is showing furthermore as "faulty" in the Content Manager. The validation is showing no fault. The "faulty" flag is only disappearing after an Database Repair.

Am I the only one, with this problem?

Regards
Swordfish

I noticed in build 104016, that after I had repaired a faulty asset and submitted the edit in Content Manager, the asset is showing furthermore as "faulty" in the Content Manager. The validation is showing no fault. The "faulty" flag is only disappearing after an Database Repair.

Am I the only one, with this problem?

Regards
Swordfish

This is normal and has occurred since TRS2006. It has something to do with the indexing and settings within the database (assets.tdx).

Just a note on VE179 - in every case that we've reviewed, TRS19 is correct and T:ANE is not. Since there are a number of such cases, we'll probably make this a warning for older assets just to avoid breaking them, but as a creator you should treat this as an error and you should be aware that the tag(s) in question will not work, even in T:ANE.

chris

To clarify, first one is a scenery item the others are static vehicles, when they need to be track objects for traffic, the four listed are static assets, which would never have appeared in any version of Trainz as traffic. Quick fix would to remove those kuids from the region.

Probably an oversight as there are a lot of vehicles that have static and traffic versions.

• Whatever the filter, Content Manager now says "X of 0 items displayed".
>>
Fixed for the next update

Moving on the map by right-clicking doesn't work anymore in Surveyor, neither for routes or sessions. This is very annoying when creating sessions! No problem in Driver.
Works fine here.
Not sure what to check (sounds like the mouse is fine).
Does this happen in a blank baseboard?
Try changing mouse/keyboard setting under Interface, then change it back again.
Not sure what else to suggest.

<kuid2:97008:2948409:1> Shed Vanderfield built in. This asset obsoletes an icon kuid. <kuid2:97008:60064:1> Trailer-A-Linfox plus others use that kuid number for an icon in its config so flags up as faulty. I think the icon is W2 <kuid2:97008:29081948:2> which is also built in.

}
}
icon3 <kuid2:97008:29081948:1>

obsolete-table
{
icon3 <kuid2:97008:29081948:1>
}

thumbnails
{

Works fine here.
Not sure what to check (sounds like the mouse is fine).
Does this happen in a blank baseboard?
Try changing mouse/keyboard setting under Interface, then change it back again.
Not sure what else to suggest.

• All builds prior to 104016: editing an existing route or session, then opening the schematic map (Ctrl + M) and right-clicking makes it center on the place that has been clicked while moving to that position on the layout map.
• Build 104016: position on the layout map doesn't change.

Same problem when creating a new session.

As stated, it only occurs in Surveyor. No issue in Build 103369 with same interface settings.

Last edited:
CORRECTION to: Running Port Zyd route/session 4 (Fuel). There are 5 AI trains running (see map) but only 2 AI drivers are in drivers list.

UPDATE/EDIT:
OK.. My bad... the drivers are there if you scroll down. The issue is that you CANNOT see see the scroll bar in my window... Being used to seeing the scrollbar I assumed the other drivers were not there.

Scrollbar also cannot be seen in other windows, such as "navigate to" lists and etc.

(Actually, can barely see the scrollbar if I put my nose to the screen.) :)

Last edited:
For whats its worth, builds 104016 and 104017 seem to be backward compatible with build 103369, the last gold official release, except for TurfFX. Everything developed in build 104016 works as expected in build 103369 except for all TurfFX features which do not show up at all.

I stubled accross this on a route I was working with in build 104016 to test it out and then when I loaded it into my official build, 103369, everything work except the TurfFX. I was also beta testing an extensive update of a major route for a friend who did the updating in build 104017. It worked fine in my build 104016. But the TurfFX features did not appear in build 103369, however everything else seemed to be fine.

For whats its worth, builds 104016 and 104017 seem to be backward compatible with build 103369, the last gold official release, except for TurfFX. Everything developed in build 104016 works as expected in build 103369 except for all TurfFX features which do not show up at all.

I stubled accross this on a route I was working with in build 104016 to test it out and then when I loaded it into my official build, 103369, everything work except the TurfFX. I was also beta testing an extensive update of a major route for a friend who did the updating in build 104017. It worked fine in my build 104016. But the TurfFX features did not appear in build 103369, however everything else seemed to be fine.

Also 104016 will backport into 100464, again apart from TurfFx.

In build 104016 I cannot get the autodrive command to work. When I am setting up AI instructions for and try to add the autodrive command to the instruction set even though it appears as an option clickiing on it will not add it in the instruction set. Not sure whether this is an issue in build 104017 since I do not have this build.

Autodrive command is working fine in build 104017. I was able to add it to the instruction set without any problems.

Never saw that before! Everything was normal until I resumed a saved game. Nothing new installed or updated, no change to the route or the session, no change to any setting and now, all signals on the route look like this:

kbrgb.jpg

On the same route... Again, all was fine before resuming, camera angle or position doesn't change anything (route is "Prostory Rossii" <kuid:391517:100282>, on the DLS):

weQow.jpg

All switchblades are missing in the entire route!

Edit: Resuming the same session (without restarting the game), signals are back to normal and some switchblades only are still missing! TRS19 is going mad...

5R4gd.jpg

Last edited:
Have not experienced any of the above but I would suspect (pulling ideas out of my hat) a possible video graphic card issue. I seem to recall someone had a similar issue with assets mysteriously disappearing from the screen as they moved the POV back and it turned out to be a faulty video card driver (or similar).

Have you updated Windows recently? Could be that MS has substituted their generic video driver for the card manufacturers driver. Just clutching at straws.

Loco, tender, coaches... disappear one by one as the camera moves away!
Looks like the LOD is overridden and set to 100m.

Regarding fixed track and signal states, there have been fixes for both these things so please check in the next update.

Looks like the LOD is overridden and set to 100m.

It happens with all rolling stock from "RGW Class 21S - D&RG Class 145" pack from Trainz Forge. It didn't occur in 103369 and prior builds, so something has changed in 104016.

After further investigation: only this particular rolling stock is concerned, on any route. Why in 104016 and not before?

Last edited:
Back