Trainz Plus Beta TLR Phase 2 - 127058

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3v_laurence

Hello Everyone,

We have our next Trainz Plus Beta for you to try, which focuses on Trainz Living Railroad Phase 2. This update includes several new features for the Trainz Living Railroad (TLR), the main focus of which is the Dispatch Manager. To give you a jump start into the new changes, Trainz Plus Beta users can now access Coal Country (HDT) which includes a ready to try, TLR session. Simply install the package and drive the session Coal Country TLR. Players can sit back and watch the trains go by, performing tasked issued by the Dispatch Manager or take control and claim a task for themselves.

Previously, players lacked a central location to manage Living Railroad. This makes it difficult to discover issues, or get an overview of the status of industry chains within the Route. The Dispatch Manager aims to fix that, by adding a new interface for managing and claiming dispatch tasks.

Where to find it:
Dispatch Manager can be located via Tools menu or opened via “Show Dispatch Manager” found under Driver properties, Dispatch Status

What you can do with it:
  • Easy way to monitor all dispatch tasks and identify any issues
  • List all Drivers and their dispatch status
  • List all the industries and dispatch status
  • List all Trains and the list can be broken up into rolling stock and powered trains, or both
  • Find rolling stock for a product
  • Find and claim a task to drive as the player

New Option: Claiming a Task (TLR)
  • Claiming a task will behave differently depending on whether it’s an active task or not.
  • If an active task, the current driver commands will be cleared, and the train will be brought to a stop. The train control mode will be switched to either DCC or Cab control, depending on the session/player default
  • Tasks can be claimed via Dispatch Manager or via Driver Details, under Dispatch Status

In addition to the Dispatch Manager, there is a new vehicle queue editor with reworked UI, and a new Activity Journal.

Update: New Vehicle Queues Editor
  • A new UI can now be found for vehicles. This replaces the old script and will resemble the interface used for Industry queues
  • Accessed by CTRL + Right click on rolling stock in Driver or Edit Details in Surveyor
  • Can add commodities directly
  • New copy and paste feature to copy commodities to other rolling stock

Activity Journal Script API
  • A more compressive logging system in order to track activity with dispatch and AI driving behaviour

How to try TLR Phase 2:
  1. Install the latest Trainz Plus Beta update (127058)
  2. Install "Coal Country (HDT)" (simc:1663)
  3. Drive "<kuid:661281:110131> Coal Country TLR Session"
  4. Feel free to watch the drivers carry out tasks or claim a task for you to perform

Key Features:
  • Dispatch Manager
  • New Vehicle Queue Editor
  • Activity Journal Script API
  • Access to Coal Country HDT
  • New Build version 5.6

REMINDER:
** Please ensure you have a backup of your local data folder before using it with Trainz Plus Beta **

INSTALLING & PATCHING:

For Trainz Plus Beta via the Trainz Plus Beta Stream
Trainz Store Only:

PC: Requires Trainz Plus 126280 (PC). This is a large patch 9.8 GiB for build 127058

Mac: There is no Mac update at this time

Please report any bugs using this link: https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

Change log (126280 to 127058)
  • Dispatch Manager (new)
  • Living Railroad Dispatch Disable/Enable option under Session Options (removed)
  • Claim Task option (new)
  • Vehicle Queues Editor (new)
  • Activity Journal Script API (new)
  • DirectX12 Beta option (returned)
  • New Build 5.6
  • Misc Bug fixes

Known Issues:
  • This build lacks precache shaders. Stuttering and small freezes during first loads of routes is to be expected as well as longer initial load times. 'Compiling Shaders' can be seen top of the screen during initial runs and slow performance is to be expected during this process.
  • Assertion Errors are enabled for this build. Trainz will pause until Assertion Errors are closed. Users can select Continue and Ignore Errors. (Reporting when these occur with bugs will help with troubleshooting)
  • Distant objects may be rendered at off-angles, and may be slow to render
  • Routes may load with incorrect height for trackside assets
  • Adjusting Track will cause trackside assets to incorrectly increase in height
  • Copy and Paste of Track & Trackside assets may result in incorrect trackside height
  • Copy and Paste or Cloning of assets will cause the new asset to lose height data
  • Trains may appear to vibrate horizontally at some locations
  • Traffic on the road does not show cars at correct orientation
  • Traffic is not removed when reaching end of road
  • TurfFX is not supported under DirectX12
  • DirectX12 has known issues with AMD Graphic Cards.
  • DirectX12 may lead to black flickering and bright spots
  • DirectX12 may lead to loading & unloading stalls

Last edited:
first time the download was interupted after 25 minute
retried and it went
Then I found I would need to pay 35$ for an HD coal country, just to beta test??
sorry..not gonna happen

Installed and CC HD runs without problems on max settings. In regards with TLR, which is very clever. I do not like the reversing of consists up the main line, there needs to be a run around function.

On UK routes it would be a definite no no. CC HD looks very impressive, but i would not install it under my gold membership. Too short for my tastes sorry, but ideal for TLR testing.

Which brings me to a question in regards max distance between industries. As an example, could i set a coal mine in the north of the ECML Kings X - Edinburgh route to service a power station in London.

Does the TLR AI have that capacity over 100 to 200 miles between industries ? It's something that prototypically happened in the days of coal transportation in the UK.

Mike.

first time the download was interupted after 25 minute
retried and it went
Then I found I would need to pay 35$ for an HD coal country, just to beta test??
sorry..not gonna happen

Could you check that you are using the same MyTrainz account as your Trainz Plus subscription.

yeah Laurence, same account here a screendump from the store

Edit: old Panda in Discord has changed it for me, now downloaded and testing the new Dispatch manager.
Sofar:
-Coal Country HD, has too much LOD swapping , specially the trees
-TLR works but still too much driving backwards(no runaround as basic command)
-The New Dispatch screen works sofar ok
-There are insane many logs kept, so i see 3 n3v employees have messed with the time in this session
-We need a way to clean these logs before, sharing a session.
-Like everybody, and the passengers ????? :cool:

Last edited:
yeah Laurence, same account here a screendump from the store

Edit: old Panda in Discord has changed it for me, now downloaded and testing the new Dispatch manager.
Sofar:
-Coal Country HD, has too much LOD swapping , specially the trees
-TLR works but still too much driving backwards(no runaround as basic command)
-The New Dispatch screen works sofar ok
-There are insane many logs kept, so i see 3 n3v employees have messed with the time in this session
-We need a way to clean these logs before, sharing a session.
-Like everybody, and the passengers ????? :cool:
Hello G.M.

I have read, that you are a Trains+-Member. In this case, look at "Purchased". I think you will see there "Coal Country (HDT) Install".
Regards
Swordfish

this new install is unusable.
Then don't use beta versions.

I have two separate installs of Trainz Plus on my main computer - the last full retail (subscription) release (build 126280) and the latest beta version (this 127058 and later beta builds). I use the beta to test and report bugs that are not listed as known issues. I test it using routes and session that I have under development on my more stable retail release.

Hello wreeder I did not read the entire description me Bad LOL.
No worries about this build as I still have my 122411 to work in, and it is very stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back