Trainz Plus Beta PC - 125409 (Content Creators Update)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was not what I was referring to. In the past when driving in-cab mode and the engine starts to sway the horizon would not. Now the horizon will sway as the cab sways. To see what I mean create a new 6 baseboard route and change the track condition to 25 and add a speed limit of 70mph then give the driver the Drive command and go to in-cab view. As the train speeds up watch the horizon. At about 45 the horizon should start to rock back and forth.
This may be related to the locomotive you are using. If you are using Jointed Rail locomotives or those that use JR's locomotive libraries, then there are options under the 3-bar Trainz settings in the program.

Click on the Jointed Rail Settings library v 0.5
There's a slider located at the top of the window on the right:

Cab Sway Amount: 30 %

30% is the default. You can add or reduce the amount of sway you want.

This is independent of the track conditions. While they appear to work together sometimes, they are completely independent.

If you want the resolution of HD Terrain, you have to use HD Terrain route and Surveyor 2.0. Each are separate features. HD Terrain is responsible for the increase of file sizes as there is vastly more data to be stored.
Yes but I was referring to the part of your post where you said it sounded like the OP was using HD terrain - you're quite right that you can drop back to 5m or 10m but then you lose the resolution that HD offers. I use a mixture of S1 and S2 for my route building in HD and have found it to be much easier and faster than 5m routes in S1.
That was not what I was referring to. In the past when driving in-cab mode and the engine starts to sway the horizon would not. Now the horizon will sway as the cab sways. To see what I mean create a new 6 baseboard route and change the track condition to 25 and add a speed limit of 70mph then give the driver the Drive command and go to in-cab view. As the train speeds up watch the horizon. At about 45 the horizon should start to rock back and forth.

Ah I see what you mean, although I still thought that was an existing feature? In cab mode, the camera has moved with the cab hasn't it so the landscape outside is always 'moving' from an interior perspective.

Cheers,

PLP

Yes but I was referring to the part of your post where you said it sounded like the OP was using HD terrain - you're quite right that you can drop back to 5m or 10m but then you lose the resolution that HD offers. I use a mixture of S1 and S2 for my route building in HD and have found it to be much easier and faster than 5m routes in S1.

Ah I see what you mean, although I still thought that was an existing feature? In cab mode, the camera has moved with the cab hasn't it so the landscape outside is always 'moving' from an interior perspective.

Cheers,

PLP
I just tested one of my old Paintshop GP38s in TRZ 2022 PE and in Trainz Plus. The landscape in 2022 PE does not moving, while in Plus it does. In the past the cab would rock while your view of the outside would be unaffected as if you were on a pendulum.

If you think this is a bug, send in a report using the link provided on the first page. Fill in all the details you can including steps you did to cause or show the thing you are concerned about. The purpose of this is so that the developers and QA Team can check for the same thing you are seeing. Be prepared to provide links to cdp files if you have to.

Same, but not with all trains. When occurs, must wait up to 4 minutes before it is operational.

"SA CL Class - QR National Pack" appeared yesterday for Preview Pass in the Trainz Store, and today "BR Diesel Brake Tenders". No trace of any of them in the Content Store (searching by name or "preview" returns no result). Is it due to 125409 being a beta version (I am Plus Gold member)?
Aside of this, CM shows "PT Yellowstone Mt. & Central Railroad" as "Packaged, Newer version available, Payware" but the Updates tab of the Content Store is empty.

"SA CL Class - QR National Pack" appeared yesterday for Preview Pass in the Trainz Store, and today "BR Diesel Brake Tenders". No trace of any of them in the Content Store (searching by name or "preview" returns no result). Is it due to 125409 being a beta version (I am Plus Gold member)?
Aside of this, CM shows "PT Yellowstone Mt. & Central Railroad" as "Packaged, Newer version available, Payware" but the Updates tab of the Content Store is empty.
<kuid2:935657:350:3> PT Yellowstone Mt. & Central Railroad was in the Update tab of the Content Store in my Trainz+ build 123974, the same with <kuid2:804089:109259:1> QRN CLP 06+ in the purchased section, both on 7th May. The BR Diesel Brake Tenders are offered today.

Wonderful! N3V says for Trainz Plus Gold: "Enjoy brand new features first" (implies to install beta versions) and "Experience new content first" (not working in beta versions)...

Wonderful! N3V says for Trainz Plus Gold: "Enjoy brand new features first" (implies to install beta versions) and "Experience new content first" (not working in beta versions)...
No, you have misunderstood.

"Enjoy brand new features first" - HD Terrain and Colour Effect Layers are 2 recent "new features" that are currently only available in the Trainz Plus retail release subscription version. Prior to TRS22PE being released Surveyor 2.0 was another Trainz Plus only feature. Nothing is implied about the beta version.

"New Content First" means that Trainz Plus Gold subscribers get first access to new DLC content and free access to ALL DLC content. Again nothing is implied about the latest beta version.

The current beta version has some bug fixes and some new features (most of which I have not yet tested). It also includes the first appearance in S20 of the Surveyor Classic Bulk Asset Update/Replace tool that has been missing from S20 since its introduction. Beta versions are not for the "faint-hearted" and certainly not for those users who only want to experience new features and don't want the hassle of having to test and report on problems.

To access the new S2.0 Bulk Asset Update/Replace tool, this beta version is required; once installed, can't "experience new content first", and updates won't work.

To access the new S2.0 Bulk Asset Update/Replace tool, this beta version is required; once installed, can't "experience new content first", and updates won't work.
I don't know where you are getting your misinformation from but if it is the very first post in this thread where N3V announced ...
Hello Everyone,

The Trainz team has been hard at work, and are getting ready for the next major update. This update has several new features and improvements that focus on improving content creation.

Key Features:
  • Filter Palette
  • S20 Bulk Replace
  • TCCP Route Export

The words "getting ready for the next major update" and the fact that the title of the thread is...

Trainz Plus Beta PC - 125409​

and that it is in the

TRS22 & Trainz Plus Beta Forum​

... should have told you that this is NOT the next retail release which will have the access to the S2.0 Bulk Asset Update/Replace tool (which still needs some "tweaking" before it is "consumer ready" - that is why it is a beta release!) and the "new content first" (which is not mentioned in the post at all) won't be available until the full retail subscription update has been released.

If you count May 2022 as the official release of TRS22 then we are into the third year of development of TRS25 as seen in Trainz Plus' development. I would say that we are near to seeing the end of development of TRS22 and TRS22 PE with the possible exception of seeing one last service pack to add the bug fixes we see in this beta of Trainz Plus. Any new features are going to be for Trainz Plus only until TRS25 is released perhaps again as an early access version late in this year. That is what we saw during the transition from TRS19 and TRS19 Platinum to TRS22.

I just tested one of my old Paintshop GP38s in TRZ 2022 PE and in Trainz Plus. The landscape in 2022 PE does not moving, while in Plus it does. In the past the cab would rock while your view of the outside would be unaffected as if you were on a pendulum.

There are two settings that can effect how cabin sway works:

Cabin sway in internal view (found under Trainz Settings -> Interface Settings). This impacts if the ground will stay level or sway.
The other has been mentioned, is the Cab Sway (found under Trainz Settings -> Jointed Rail Settings Library).

If you wish the horizon to rock, check your Internal view has Cabin sway toggled on.

I have a problem with the beta when loading some larger routes and sessions - it crashes to the desktop.

There is a log file which should record the CTDs but I simply cannot remember where to find it - if anyone could prompt me I would appreciate it so I could attach the log to a bug report.

Interestingly, I have just discovered that if I load the troublesome route and session from CM instead of the normal Surveyor/Session screens then it loads successfully.

Thank you for all your feedback, as we have a new Trainz Plus Beta available, this thread is now locked.

Please post comments on the new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back