[Trainz 2006] Content Manager Won't work at all!

PVP_playerPro

𝓣𝓻𝓪𝓲𝓷&#120
Alright, so ever since i installed trainz CMP has worked fine, i could install/modify things like usuall. but today i downloaded the Marias Pass Route Plus from HP Trainz and when i put all the assets into cmp it popped open the little "installing content" window and after a few seconds it froze and stayed that way for a few minutes before completely crashing CMP. Now when i try to open CMP i get an error window with something along the lines of "ContentManager.exe has terminated in an unusuall way" and there are 2 options:

Continue
Terminate

They both close the window and that is it, nothing else opens and i keep trying to no avail.
Anyone have a fix for meh?

Edit: BTW, Don't tell me to register my Serial#, i bought the game second hand and it was already claimed :/

Last edited:
Don't tell me to register my Serial#, i bought the game second hand and it was already claimed :/[QUOTE]

In order to access the DLS, you'll need a First Class Ticket as support for 2006 ceased a while ago.
Unfortunately, content manager also calls home to check your username/password...

Guess there's not much to help you

Colin

If TRS2006 was pre-registered by someone else, you can not register it ... the game may work, but you won't be able to download assets from the DLS unless the game is registered.

If your game is not registrable, you will not be able to download assets from the DLS.

Even if you could download assets, hundreds of thousands of assets have been updated beyond the TRS2006 trainz-build, and must be meticulously backdated, and you have to fix thousands of errors which crop up.

04 & 06 are unsupported (but still will run a train) ... 09 &10 are unsupported also.

I still have great fun with TRS2006 ... but I also have 10 & 12 versions, and a FCT.

I find TRS2006 great for building routes, as 06 surveyor is very simplistic.

Last edited:
Don't tell me to register my Serial#, i bought the game second hand and it was already claimed :/[QUOTE]

In order to access the DLS, you'll need a First Class Ticket as support for 2006 ceased a while ago.
Unfortunately, content manager also calls home to check your username/password...

Guess there's not much to help you

Colin
Registering or DLS downloads HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS. It doesn't call home because i haven't put my ACC details into CMP. If you can't help don't bother

If TRS2006 was pre-registered by someone else, you can not register it ... the game may work, but you won't be able to download assets from the DLS unless the game is registered.

If your game is not registrable, you will not be able to download assets from the DLS.

Even if you could download assets, hundreds of thousands of assets have been updated beyond the TRS2006 trainz-build, and must be meticulously backdated, and you have to fix thousands of errors which crop up.

04 & 06 are unsupported (but still will run a train) ... 09 &10 are unsupported also.

I still have great fun with TRS2006 ... but I also have 10 & 12 versions, and a FCT.

I find TRS2006 great for building routes, as 06 surveyor is very simplistic.
Registering or DLS downloads HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS. It doesn't call home because i haven't put my ACC details into CMP. Did you read past the part of the account thing? If you can't help don't bother

If you can't register the game, the CMP DLS will not function ... no if's, and's, or but's, about that aspect.

The game is coded to phone home, and is phoning home, and is finding that you have no registered UN & PW, as the UN & PW entry panes are blank, so it is locking you out of downloading until you do register the game.

If you can not register the game, all you can do is run the built-in routes, and use the built-in assets, and you can build routes using built-in assets.

Sorry ... there is no work-around, nor a hack, to get your game to work, aside from authentic registration of the game.

Very possibly the Maris Pass route and most of it's dependencies are above your 2.5 or 2.6 trainz-build, and will not work ... and too a low end PC may not be sufficient to run Trainz, which is a very high poly video card demanding game.

I should know, as I run TRS2006 on an ancient cheepo integrated graphics laptop, and it has problems running TRS2006.

Last edited:
If you can't register the game, the CMP DLS will not function ... no if's, and's, or but's, about that aspect.

The game is coded to phone home, and is phoning home, and is finding that you have no registered UN & PW, as the UN & PW entry panes are blank, so it is locking you out of downloading until you do register the game.

If you can not register the game, all you can do is run the built-in routes, and use the built-in assets, and you can build routes using built-in assets.

Sorry ... there is no work-around, nor a hack, to get your game to work, aside from authentic registration of the game.

Very possibly the Maris Pass route and most of it's dependencies are above your 2.5 or 2.6 trainz-build, and will not work ... and too a low end PC may not be sufficient to run Trainz, which is a very high poly video card demanding game.

I should know, as I run TRS2006 on an ancient cheepo integrated graphics laptop, and it has problems running TRS2006.
I'm not trying to download anything, i have the route in CDP files directly from HP-Trainz and nothing from the DLS is needed. My trainz build is up to date and have NEVER had 3rd party content trouble untill now.

Hey, guys...!!!! Helloooooo!!!! What has DLS registering to do with the crashing CMP? Have you really read the first post??? :eek::eek::hehe:

Of course, the crashing CMP HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH REGISTERING
My advice, first check the size of the files you want to install. Sometimes if the files are too big CMP crashes. It depends mainly on your PC specs. Also, if you are trying to install too many files at a time, this also might be a cause. Try installing them one by one and see what's happening.
A defragmentation of the partition where TRS is installed might help also.
And of course, if you can, try moving on to TS2010 or TS12, they are far more stable than 2006.

Last edited:
Since this appears to be a problem with the HP-Trainz route and content why not ask them?

I suspect that their content was created/compatible with TRS2006 but SP1 rather than the original program: there were major changes to the functions of both the core program and CMP.
Of course, SP1 files are available in the TRS 2006 forum (registered users)

Okhiu
Why is you post so offensive? Do you suffer from Tourette's?

Colin

There's a few possibilities here.

Firstly, whilst the serial issue may not affect the day-to-day running of Content Manager, it will impact if you choose to create your own content which will require that you enter your username and password.

Another possibility here, which has been mentioned elsewhere on this thread, is that you are running the base version of TRS2006. You would need to launch the game properly in order to get your 4-digit TRS2006 build number, which if it's less than 3092 is going to be the source of your issue.

Shane

Your game Crashing may be due to several things.

A low end PC that is inadequate for running any Trainz version.
Running out on memory and having a low disc space.
Not installing Trainz with your antivirus turned off.
Not running Trainz program / advanced / properties ticked: "Run As Administrator".
Not having DirectX 9
Not clicking and accepting: "YES Install" to all questions posed during the installation.
Having content and routes that are above your trainz-build (which can crash a game).
Not having a legitimate registerd Username & Password.
Not having a Registered serial number, nor a FCT for your unsupported TRS2006 game, nor having a higher version of, Trainz will cause: Terminate-Hardware Access Violation screen.

Many things can crash a game ... If you have no registered serial number, nor a legitimate Username & Password ... We can not help you on this Forum ... Plain and simple !

This is not the Forum: "How to Hack an Unathorized Game" - "to work, while having no authorized registration serial number".

Last edited:
There's a few possibilities here.

Firstly, whilst the serial issue may not affect the day-to-day running of Content Manager, it will impact if you choose to create your own content which will require that you enter your username and password.

I will be a little bit offtopic now BUT this is not true for several reasons.

1. You can get an Auran ID withouth having a valid serial number !
2. You can enter ONLY the Auran ID in teh CM settings, withouth any username and password, and all the items that you create in CM will receive automatically your Auran ID !

Can you prove the latter? As far as I'm concerned, CM validates the username, password, and serial number and throws up an error if any are incorrect. I am aware that some users created their own user IDs but that has caused other problems.

Shane

Your game Crashing may be due to several things.

A low end PC that is inadequate for running any Trainz version.
Running out on memory and having a low disc space.
Not installing Trainz with your antivirus turned off.
Not running Trainz program / advanced / properties ticked: "Run As Administrator".
Not having DirectX 9
Not clicking and accepting: "YES Install" to all questions posed during the installation.
Having content and routes that are above your trainz-build (which can crash a game).
Not having a legitimate registerd Username & Password.
Not having a Registered serial number, nor a FCT for your unsupported TRS2006 game, nor having a higher version of, Trainz will cause: Terminate-Hardware Access Violation screen.

Many things can crash a game ... If you have no registered serial number, nor a legitimate Username & Password ... We can not help you on this Forum ... Plain and simple !

This is not the Forum: "How to Hack an Unathorized Game" - "to work, while having no authorized registration serial number".

This is not the Forum: "How to Hack an Unathorized Game" - "to work, while having no authorized registration serial number"
I'm not hacking anything and my game is 100% legit, just bought from someone else. just because i can't transfer his serial# from his account to mine doesn't mean the game is pirated or illegal in ANY way. Once again, you can try to actually help, or f*** off.

Can you prove the latter? As far as I'm concerned, CM validates the username, password, and serial number and throws up an error if any are incorrect. I am aware that some users created their own user IDs but that has caused other problems.

Shane

I think the only time an "invalid username/password" comes up is if they are entered wrong into CMP. if the fields are blank it doesn't show any warning.

Hey, guys...!!!! Helloooooo!!!! What has DLS registering to do with the crashing CMP? Have you really read the first post??? :eek::eek::hehe:

Of course, the crashing CMP HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH REGISTERING
My advice, first check the size of the files you want to install. Sometimes if the files are too big CMP crashes. It depends mainly on your PC specs. Also, if you are trying to install too many files at a time, this also might be a cause. Try installing them one by one and see what's happening.
A defragmentation of the partition where TRS is installed might help also.
And of course, if you can, try moving on to TS2010 or TS12, they are far more stable than 2006.

I'm trying to get my paws on a PC that should handle T;ANE (if it doesn't flop upon release). my current PC can't handle much more than TRS2006

serial number transfer

i want to transfer the serial numbers on my old account (jackboy (which got hacked)) to my new account (Jackboy317)
but i have no luck does any1 know a program that can delete my 0old account and erase the registered serial numbers?

You really should not change your personal info ever, as changing it tends to foul things up.

Your info is user case sensitive, and can only be changed once I believe.

Anyone who uses their ISP provider as an E-Mail source it is not a wise idea, if you change ISP providers, or lose your E-Mail access, how are you going to receive E-Mails, and how is N3V going to authenticate your account ?

One should always use a permanent E-Mail provider, like Yahoo Mail, and your UN & PW should never be changed ... unless you are asking for trouble.

Your registered UN & PW, and Trainz CD registration code, is linked to your original E-Mail account

Back