Toronto Lakeshore West

Good Work!!
It does look way better than UMR!!!
Love to test another one of your great routes!
Happy Thanksgiving also Neil!!

Cheers,
Adam

That sounds like great news Neil :)

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I wanted to ask you (and anyone else who may know) a question, which you may or may not know the answer to.

When in driver, sometimes I want to drive a GO train in reverse (just like in real life) with the engine *pushing* and the cab acting as the *engine*. In surveyor, when I put down my GO train consist, I reverse the heading and get the green arrow to reverse (and the GO cab lights change colour from red to yellow so I know trainz thinks it's the engine and going in the reverse direction). But no matter what I do, when I go into driver, the GO cab's lights are still red and I can't get the lights to turn yellow (and I have to reverse the GO engine to make it go backwards). :'( Even when it's moving backwards, the lights wont change to yellow.

Does anyone know how to fix this, or get it so that the GO Cab's lights will be yellow and that *forward* will mean that the GO Cab goes forward (as if looking from outside the cab window).

I hope this made sense...:confused:

:wave:

Gisa ^^

Hey Gisa

I've noticed the same thing, but have just cheated a bit and put a loco on each end - like they used to do.

I'm definately no expert, but I wonder if it would work to make the GO end cab a "loco", by adding an engine spec into the config, as well as an interior - even though I still haven't been able to find a suitable inerior - even for the RDC's.

As long as you don't add an engine sound, of course, maybe this could be a solution.

n

Hey Gisa

I've noticed the same thing, but have just cheated a bit and put a loco on each end - like they used to do.

I'm definately no expert, but I wonder if it would work to make the GO end cab a "loco", by adding an engine spec into the config, as well as an interior - even though I still haven't been able to find a suitable inerior - even for the RDC's.

As long as you don't add an engine sound, of course, maybe this could be a solution.

n
Yes that is right can we get a Go end Cab coach with engine specs and a horn? and how do we change the horn of the Go engine I would like to since that is not the horn for it.

I'll see if I can figure it out.

Obviously, as it's someone else's work, even if we get our change to work, we probably can't post it on the dls, but I suspect it would be okay to share the details of how it's done.

Let me see if I can get it to work.

n

The only way the driving lights would illuminate on the cab car was when I used the AI drivers. Driving manually, I couldn't get it to happen. I put a different engine spec in, and changed the rolling stock code to 1 for loco, but then the thing wouldn't show up at all in surveyor.

I did manage to get the interior to work, kind of, but again, it only works with the AI drivers, and not when manually driven. Maybe if we ask nice, the creator, magicland, would be nice enough to make the changes we're hoping for, and re-release them on the dls.

Oh, and btw, the route is done - now it's testing time.

n

Awesome! Sounds great!

Yeah, I was thinking about changing it into a loco. It sounds to me like you knew more about what you were doing than I would. I can't see why it wouldn't work if you changed it into a locomotive, but go figure. I'll try to play around with it tomorrow, but I doubt I'll get it to work...

Jennifer, you can change the sound of the horn in the GO engine by substituting another hornsound kuid in there. Go into your rolling stock, find an engine with a sound you like (we'll call that engine A), go into Engine A's config.txt and copy the hornsound kuid. Then simply, just put that hornsound KUID into the GO engine's config.txt and presto. :)

Gisa ^^

Neil, you might want to hold off uploading the route until I upload these items I've reskinned. I think you'll want them.

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Last few screenies

Short VIA heading east past Chartwell Rd.

tlw052lh6.jpg

By neilsmith749 at 2007-11-30

Crossing Joshua creek.

tlw053hv0.jpg

Past the PetroCanada yards, towards Clarkson rd.

tlw054si9.jpg

Autoracks anyone?

tlw056ta3.jpg

A common sight from Royal Windsor Dr.

tlw055tf4.jpg

Later that day, the VIA heading west over the 16 Mile Creek.

tlw057ql0.jpg

And finally, west over Kerr St.

tlw058yx8.jpg

Route will hopefully be on the DLS in a week or two.

Cheers

n

Hey, Neil, I haven't uploaded the objects yet because I don't know how to create a dls thumbnail. Could you, or someone else, maybe PM me (somewhat detailed) instructions on how to do it?

Last edited:
Beta-stage

Okay, I've run it for a few hours and I think I've corrected most of the noticeable mistakes. It doesn't run quite as well as the UMR, because of certain areas that have a LOT of trackwork, but it's still useable if you have an average-good machine. I would imagine a dual-core processor would run it pretty well - one of these days I'll get one!

If anyone is interested in trying it out before it's released on the dls, get back to me either on this thread or via PM, and leave your email address.

I would suggest that you sign up for "Yousendit", which is a free service that lets you send larger files fairly quickly. That is how I ended up sending the UMR, and it seemed to work pretty well.

Hopefully, it'll be on the dls in a week or so.

Cheers

n

Last edited:
Transportfan, you are uploading it for 04 right?

Neil, I pm'd both hoseclamp and magicland last weekend about the signs/GO cab but I've received no reply from either of them yet. :'( I will let you know if anything comes up asap...

Need I say that I'd like to beta? :)

Gisa ^^

Transportfan, you are uploading it for 04 right?

Neil, I pm'd both hoseclamp and magicland last weekend about the signs/GO cab but I've received no reply from either of them yet. :'( I will let you know if anything comes up asap...

Need I say that I'd like to beta? :)

Gisa ^^

Hey

No problem - just send me an email address via PM and I'll send it your way with YOUSENDIT.

n

Hmm...that might be a problem for Neil's route as I'm 99.9% sure he's built this in 04. However, if you could change the trainz build in the config.txt from 2.5/2.6 to 2.4 and then upload it (or upload a version with that build number in the tag) that should rectify the problem.

Otherwise, the only way to get those assets into a person's route is to import the whole route into 06 via CMP and then put your sign/oil refinery in or download the .cdp made for 06 and install it in 04, change the build number in the config.txt to 2.4 and put it in the route. Either way, I am fairly sure I'll plop both of those in Neil's version of the route on my computer! :D:hehe:

Gisa ^^

Back