This is one of those "Now what?" stumpers.

Forester1

I suddenly have a number of assets downloaded from DLS claiming to have "Missing Dependencies". But if I select "List Dependencies", even "recursively", they show no missing assets. They are not all new downloads, some go back a few years. I have done a couple of EDBRs and a couple of regular DBRs to no avail. So, I am stumped. Now what?

Someone recently said that they opened a route/session for edit and closed it. And then missing assets started showing up. FWIW

A sampling shows that the assets are not dependencies of any routes or sessions (List Dependents is blank). Here are a few, but they appear fairly random. I vaguely wondered if maybe a part or two had been updated to 5.2+ and would not show because it is not compatible with 2019?:

<kuid2:937748:100145:1> PN S 301 2004+
<kuid2:225098:102234:2> Westrail XA Class
<kuid2:225098:102242:2> Westrail X Class
<kuid2:225098:102247:2> WAGR X Class
<kuid2:225098:102245:2> WAGR XA Class
<kuid2:73150:100537:4> NSWGR 42 class
<kuid:62941:200023> Highland Valley E7A
<kuid2:937748:100007:1> FA S 301 1999+
<kuid2:937748:100116:1> FA S 303 1999+
<kuid:45203:100637> DL531 BHP Iron Ore
<kuid2:840199:100277:1> AN 930 Class The Explorer 961
<kuid:45203:100639> DL531 Robe Iron Ore

I downloaded <kuid2:225098:102247:2> WAGR X Class into my copy of TRS19 as a test.

Initially, there were no faults and all recursive dependencies were present, also no faults intially. But after a "View Errors and Warnings" check, a flood of faults and warnings spilled forth. The faults are all due to the dependency <kuid:-1:101211> f7interior kph lhd which is a very old (build 1.3) asset.

The faults are;

Error: VE13: Missing or invalid selection for tag 'att' in 'ampmeter'.
Error: VE18: Attachment point '' referenced by tag 'att' in 'mesh-table/ampmeter' was not found.
Error: VE13: Missing or invalid selection for tag 'att' in 'bploco'.
Error: VE18: Attachment point '' referenced by tag 'att' in 'mesh-table/bploco' was not found.
Error: VE13: Missing or invalid selection for tag 'att' in 'bptrain'.
Error: VE18: Attachment point '' referenced by tag 'att' in 'mesh-table/bptrain' was not found.
Error: VE13: Missing or invalid selection for tag 'att' in 'brakepressure'.
Error: VE18: Attachment point '' referenced by tag 'att' in 'mesh-table/brakepressure' was not found.
Error: VE13: Missing or invalid selection for tag 'att' in 'chair'.
Error: VE18: Attachment point '' referenced by tag 'att' in 'mesh-table/chair' was not found.
Error: VE13: Missing or invalid selection for tag 'att' in 'controlstand'.
Error: VE18: Attachment point '' referenced by tag 'att' in 'mesh-table/controlstand' was not found.
Error: VE13: Missing or invalid selection for tag 'att' in 'horizblinds'.
Error: VE18: Attachment point '' referenced by tag 'att' in 'mesh-table/horizblinds' was not found.
Error: VE13: Missing or invalid selection for tag 'att' in 'speedo'.
Error: VE18: Attachment point '' referenced by tag 'att' in 'mesh-table/speedo' was not found.
Error: VE13: Missing or invalid selection for tag 'att' in 'westinghouse'.
Error: VE18: Attachment point '' referenced by tag 'att' in 'mesh-table/westinghouse' was not found.
Error: VE18: Attachment point 'none' referenced by tag 'att' in 'mesh-table/wheelslip_light' was not found.
Error: VE13: Missing or invalid selection for tag 'att' in 'windows'.
Error: VE18: Attachment point '' referenced by tag 'att' in 'mesh-table/windows' was not found.
21 Errors, 41 warnings
- <kuid:-1:101211> : VE221: <kuid:-1:101211> is faulty and will not be loaded.

I guess the lesson is, don't believe the initial display, do explicit validation checks on the asset and its dependencies. I don't really understand why your EDBR operation didn't reveal the same errors.

Last edited:
Thanks for the test Dinorius! Oddly, I do not appear to have <kuid:-1:101211>, and neither do I see it on the download station, so something is amiss. I do have these, which are version 2.9:
<kuid:-25:992> F7 Interior KPH RHD
<kuid:-25:1005> F7 Interior MPH RHD
My copy of <kuid2:225098:102247:2> WAGR X Class appears to use <kuid:-25:1507> F7 Cabin TRS19 - LHD/KPH when I "List Dependencies (List asset versions shows no other interior version), and yet when I edit config.txt, I do not see that asset listed, only <kuid:-1:101211> !!
SOOOO, I replaced
<kuid:-1:101211> in the config file with <kuid:-25:1507>, and voila! It now shows as not missing dependencies! <kuid:-1:101211> is not in the obsolete table for kuid:-25:1507>, but I think we may have cracked the case. If these are referring to an old interior that I do not even have and is not using the one in the dependencies, then a quick change will fix it. My one question is why the config.txt and the dependencies list is different? I always thought "List Dependencies" read the KUID table in the config.txt!!!

EDIT: OK bizarre! I opened in Explorer to look for any scripts in the folder. None there, but then I did a revert to original. It now shows as "Installed from DLS", not missing assets, and yet the reference has gone back to <kuid:-1:101211> in the config.txt file. I think somehow I am now in a parallel dimension somewhere. It may be the Twilight Zone or the Outer Limits.

Last edited:
I've had the same assets go bad like that and my solution was to delete them and reinstall them from the DLS. That magically updated and fixed the problem. There was a similar issue with them before that was fixed by N3V but it appears this has reappeared again.

I think somehow I am now in a parallel dimension somewhere. It may be the Twilight Zone or the Outer Limits.

Do not adjust your TV set. They control the horizontal, they control the vertical...

rav2pZe.jpg

Make sure you have the most recent version of the assets and delete any obsolete libraries. Validation can happen in a different order and having only up to date content should solve the problem.

I suddenly have a number of assets downloaded from DLS claiming to have "Missing Dependencies". But if I select "List Dependencies", even "recursively", they show no missing assets.

I have a few examples of this as well, items that are in the Hinton Route... Nothing shows missing, faulty or missing dependencies.

Back