Trainz will not delete missing dependencies in any route I have with missing dependencies!

PhilChorusch01

I am trying to merge QR Mt Isa and QR Cloncurry-Phosphate Hill along with the module I released on the DLS a few days ago 'QR Mt Isa missing track route'. But since I don't have all of the dependencies 'hence, not being able to download via the DLS and no longer available elsewhere'. I can't seem to have any success deleting missing dependencies/assets from QR Mt Isa and QR Phosphate Hill routes, I tried in Classic surveyor and in 2.0 and saved the route overriding it, it still will not delete the missing dependencies?? Any ideas!

Pre-update, I used to be able to delete missing dependencies. Just like with some routes missing terrain textures/ground paint were normal. But after the update all of those things happened. But, it doesn't seem to be anyone out there who has had or has the same issues since the recent update in TRS22!

TRS19 is all working normal! I've successfully deleted missing dependencies and imported the updated route in TRS22 and it works great including those missing ground/painted textures are there.. It's very weird.. I'm thinking TRS22 got corrupted during the recent update at my end, looks like I have to reinstall everything from scratch 😞😞😞

TRS19 is all working normal! I've successfully deleted missing dependencies and imported the updated route in TRS22 and it works great including those missing ground/painted textures are there.. It's very weird.. I'm thinking TRS22 got corrupted during the recent update at my end, looks like I have to reinstall everything from scratch 😞😞😞
Reinstall the program only.
Once completed, at the Launcher, go to Trainz settings ---> Install tab, and select your existing database.

This will preserve your data so you don't lose anything.

Reinstall the program only.
Once completed, at the Launcher, go to Trainz settings ---> Install tab, and select your existing database.

This will preserve your data so you don't lose anything.
Hmm! I don't see any option to select your existing database? I know where the Trainz settings is, and I know where the Install tab is. But there's no option to select your existing database. Trainz for me is installed via Steam.

Hmm! I don't see any option to select your existing database? I know where the Trainz settings is, and I know where the Install tab is. But there's no option to select your existing database. Trainz for me is installed via Steam.
Click on the ...
Browse in the Windows File Explorer Window that opens up.
Click on your existing data folder you want to use.
Click on Select.

Restart when prompted to.

Same issues occur even after a refresh installation of TRS22! I'm thinking it's corrupted due to the recent update, everything was normal pre-update.

It could be... maybe some bad bits on the download.

It could be the route too. Let's hope not. The fix that works most of the time for weird things is to create a simple single baseboard route and then merge the corrupted one into that single baseboard. This seems to reset things and clear up weird bugs.

It could be... maybe some bad bits on the download.

It could be the route too. Let's hope not. The fix that works most of the time for weird things is to create a simple single baseboard route and then merge the corrupted one into that single baseboard. This seems to reset things and clear up weird bugs.
Definitely not any of the routes, they all work well in TRS19!
I'll give it a shot with the single baseboard route, I wonder if it would fix everything.

Let us know how it works.

It makes sense that this works in TRS19 because that's a different copy of the route.

Have you thought of taking your TRS19 version and importing that into TRS22?

Let us know how it works.

It makes sense that this works in TRS19 because that's a different copy of the route.

Have you thought of taking your TRS19 version and importing that into TRS22?
Nah! It doesn't work. Maybe I've done it wrong who knows.. I'm just going to leave it alone hoping that NV3 Games will give me another update to fix the problems in TRS22..

I am able to delete missing dependencies from routes in TRS19, and then import the cdp into TRS22. Without any issues all the terrain ground/paint textures show up as they used to pre-updated TRS22. Download QR Mt Isa by patchy if you see only a green ground texture with weird looking black dots. This means it's missing the ground/paint textures that were originally used as seen in the routes screenshot. That's probably the best way I can explain the missing ground/paint textures as well as Junee 2006 by PGibbons this route is missing all ground textures ever since that mongrel recent update...

I really appreciate all your help mate :) All I want to do is get TRS22 working error free as I once did pre-update problems.

Nah! It doesn't work. Maybe I've done it wrong who knows.

There are hundreds of ways to build or populate routes with trains. Some will cause extreme frustration while others provide a satisfactory experience. I had a similar experience with the Beta. Horror show. Wasted time I cannot afford to waste. I did some cleanup in the 2019 version and put it into TRS 2022 standard. It works there. Because of the thousands of very poorly documented variables you have an unlucky combo of "stuff". Reverting to what works is best and never use a Beta for serious work. I used to be a Beta person but that will not happen again. They are poorly tested, if at all.

I've managed to get TRS22 deleting the missing dependencies. Just don't understand why the ground/painted textures are missing only from a few routes. I can fix this by editing the route in TRS19 and saving it as a new route, exporting to cdp and loading it up in TRS22 which will show all the ground/painted textures as it used it to, pre-update for TRS22.

If however, I edit the route and save it in TRS22. The ground/painted textures are all still missing. But they are strangely installed! Anyway, I will just edit the routes in TRS19 and save them as a new route so that everything will work in TRS22. It's the only hope I've got to updating the routes and yes, I do plan to redistribute the freeware routes as updated versions 'So, they can be enjoyed in further future versions of Trainz' Yes, some authors I would not be able to obtain permission from because they are no longer with us such as NormP 'I'm updating his Brisbane TRS04 route which will be merged into the Gold Coast TRS04. Just updating things here and there not too much details. And as long as nobody will hate me for it, I'll be happy! I'm also updating Tablelands 2004 by OldPossum which I have permission, just having issues with the missing ground/painted textures.. All because of that update!! As I said, everything was.... Working!!!

Corrupted textures will do that. If you know what the textures are and they are from the DLS, try redownloading them again and also post the name and KUID of them up here so we can take a look at them.

Too many routes share the same textures so having an entire list with all the textures and KUIDS would be a little too much. It's also strange that some other freeware, including payware routes share the same ground/painted textures and yet, they are working well in TRS22.. I am absolutely baffled!

Here is a list of all the routes I am having problems with in TRS22. If you can't find the route available on the DLS, you will find them at Trainzland https://trainzland.ru/
Basically all environment textures will not appear in these routes, ground/painted textures. Yet, they do work in TRS19 and pre-update it was all working as stated before.

Perth2Midland
Bethungra 'PGibbons'
Wagga Wagga 2006
Shorncliffe V1
Junee 2006
QR Cloncurry-Phosphate Hill
Tumbarumba 1
Tumbarumba 2
Tumbarumba 3
Hay Branch 1
Hay Branch 2
Hay Branch 2A