The DLS is deleting content

uracco

Back to the studio!
Hi everyone,
When i download things of the DLS they download fine. I open them for edit then commit them blah blah blah. But when I go into trainz to use them they are not ther. I go back to content manager and the damn things are no longer installled. Here is what i installed
peterdhicks' Class 222 Hull Trains
nexusdj's Chiltern class 165 set
GNER class 90 by ?
And a First Great Western HST.
They all did as stated above. Does anyone know why? It's sooooo annoying:'(

Check the today tab at the top of CM, will show anything modified or downloaded. If you did it today that is.

I downloaded one from your list (class 165 DMS Chiltern,<kuid:45317:101892>) and it commits without error. Tried it on a test route in both DCC and CAB. Everything works except only one head light works. Exit back to CM and it is still listed and shows no errors or missing dependencies. There's nothing else wrong with the asset.
Have you tried compatibility mode?

Bob Weber

1-Does Cm show them as being at the DS.
2- In CM open file-settings-miscellaneous. Set to auto commit on launch.

I downloaded one from your list (class 165 DMS Chiltern,<kuid:45317:101892>) and it commits without error. Tried it on a test route in both DCC and CAB. Everything works except only one head light works. Exit back to CM and it is still listed and shows no errors or missing dependencies. There's nothing else wrong with the asset.
Have you tried compatibility mode?

Bob Weber

That's not a fault that's how it should be with most modern UK trains :Both side lights lit with the Right hand headlight in the daytime and left hand one at night .

That's the second time you've claimed my content doesn't work correctly http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?p=840142#post840142

I suggest you get your facts correct before dishing out erroneous information about other peoples content !!!!!

I noticed this last night with some UK content I was fixing for the DLS Cleanup as well. It was a bogey for Michael Whiteley's Steam Tram. The item appeared to downlad in CMP but didn't install while a download off the black pages was corrupted.

I suggest you get your facts correct before dishing out erroneous information about other peoples content !!!!!

I understand your justified indignation. To you, I'm sure both instances seem like rather obvious slights to your work. Please consider that Mr. Weber goes out of his way to help people on the forums, and always has. He downloads and attempts to sort out troubles he is not intimately familiar with, even if the content in question is from nations other than his own. That can lead to misunderstandings of the sort you are upset about.
Being from the US myself, I would have no idea about the truth of the "one headlight" situation. For us, it seems like something is broken.
You can continue being indignant, I'm only suggesting a little understanding may be in order. Mr. Weber has a history of being quite helpful to those that have problems, and I would hate to see him be "put off" his endeavors by a misunderstanding like this.

Now you see it, now you don't

Symptoms sound like Windows 7 UAC installing stuff into that "virtual folder" to protect the actual Trainz folder from being modified. I suspect you'll need to look around for tips on how to install and run Trainz specifically for windows 7.

I understand your justified indignation. To you, I'm sure both instances seem like rather obvious slights to your work. Please consider that Mr. Weber goes out of his way to help people on the forums, and always has. He downloads and attempts to sort out troubles he is not intimately familiar with, even if the content in question is from nations other than his own. That can lead to misunderstandings of the sort you are upset about.
Being from the US myself, I would have no idea about the truth of the "one headlight" situation. For us, it seems like something is broken.
You can continue being indignant, I'm only suggesting a little understanding may be in order. Mr. Weber has a history of being quite helpful to those that have problems, and I would hate to see him be "put off" his endeavors by a misunderstanding like this.

Being misinformed about something is worse than no information at all .
I understand that he is trying to be useful and he probably is 99% of the time and I applaud him for the effort that he puts in, but we as content producers already have to jump through many many hoops with the Auran DLS to ensure that nothing is faulty and there is nothing faulty with those 2 pieces of content , so yes I'm frustrated when somebody who DOESNT know the background about the content claims that they are .

How long would I last on a US thread claiming that US content was faulty when compared to British railway standards .... not long I'd bet !!

How long would I last on a US thread claiming that US content was faulty when compared to British railway standards .... not long I'd bet !!

That depends entirely on the disposition of the members populating the thread. We are each individuals with our own levels of knowledge, reasoning, and grace.;)

Back