The Alabama & Southeastern RR WIP Thread (Large Screenies)

I'll keep that in mind, I'm alt tabbing out to check this when I get a chance, but when you're building a 30+ track hump yard you don't get many chances. I'll have a pic or two of it up soon.

Hump yard you say? Now I really want this route, I'm attempting UP's Bailey Yard(I'm obsessed with hump yards, they're so much fun).

Yep. The Autumnville North Yard has the only hump on the A&SE system. I finished half of it, it ended up being 28 tracks. I plan on making it a little longer before I place in the other ladder. I have to agree, hump yards are fun, which is why I decided to throw one in. While the 5 separate yards appear to be there for no reason (why not just build one big yard?), there is a system to it all. Autumnville South takes in northbound trains and is the departure point for both northbounds and southbounds. East yard is the classification yard, not used as much anymore because most switching is now done in-yard at either the north or south yards, so nowadays it's really just overflow for the south yard. Then there is the Central Yard, which is where the local jobs dump half their trains, where they are further sorted out by the hump crew at the North Yard. From there, they'll either take out directly from the North Yard, or they'll be sent back to the South or East Yards if they're going southbound. There is also the West Yard, a bit north from the North Yard and also the only yard in Autumnville on the west side of the tracks, which is where the A&SE interchanges with the CSX. The diamond that CSX uses to access the West Yard is also the site of one of the worst accidents the A&SE ever faced (and also the only one with causalities), but I'll get into that another time. The A&SE interchange train (I216) originates in the East Yard (one of the few things it's still used for) and the CSX interchange train (Q256-15) originates in a small yard in the outskirts of Autumnville.

I can see that, are all the yards close together, that makes more sense than spread out around the route, most humpyards consist of four or more yards(usually a local yard, classification yard, inbound yard, and an outbound yard).

F394 came through Autumnville today with A&SE 8200 on the point, followed by a pair of CSX Geeps and a HLCX ex-BN GP35.

Just finished the Autumnville North Hump Yard.

From the hump looking north.
94868e3c2742969ecba9c774eb6bcbb2.jpg

From the other end looking south.
27544a8afb1ce2a7ed79329c12189d59.jpg

I think the pix don't quite do the yard justice, it looks smaller than it really is. So just bare in mind that after measurement that yard is roughly a mile long.

All of the yards in Autumnville have been completed. I just finished the Autumnville West Yard, which is a small 4 track interchange on shared trackage between the CSX and A&SE. Now it's on the giant Autumnville Engine and Car Shops. :D

One last thing for today before I turn in for the night. I've been working on SD31-2 1901 for the A&SE. It was rebuilt from a CR SD40 in 1993. It was the second to last unit to be painted in the old scheme and the only unit wearing the old scheme to have a special OLS livery. She still has work that needs to be done, and I plan on brightening the maroon on the nose before turning her loose.

Ok guys, more work has been done, I've finished the Autumnville Loco and Car Shops give or take (might add on later) and I've also got 1901 as about as fixed as I'll get it. You'll see it roll through Autumnville on E429 later today.
47fe4aecee3135c5f4b2622502e58f07.jpg

Back