The Alabama & Southeastern RR WIP Thread (Large Screenies)

I also took a shot or two, but I'm still missing a lot of deps and conrailfan has been working on it constantly since he sent me that version, so mine don't look nearly as good. Oh well.

Until we can get a A&SE sw1500 skin I'm using a pioneer Valley sw1500 and A&SE slugs no 1201 and 1202 to work the yard. Also we see a shipping warehouse in the yard.

Finally we watch a A&SE autotrack train going to the NS come through the yard at various locations.

Enjoy and more to come soon!

I'm probably going to get crucified for suggesting things again, but In the first post is a very old road - will/has that get/been replaced?

by the way, Conrail, your sig is too big

Apart from that I like what I'm seeing, except the little bit of grass at the A&SE HQ :p

I'm probably going to get crucified for suggesting things again, but In the first post is a very old road - will/has that get/been replaced?

Apart from that I like what I'm seeing, except the little bit of grass at the A&SE HQ :p
Well that pictute is from southern1581's old route. My screenshots are from the new route. Thanks for letting me know about my signature. I will change it soon! The HQ is still a wip but thanks for pointing that out!

I think ill quickly resize all the sigs I made, including mine, it got a pixel-y somehow
EDIT: The route is looking great also!!!

Last edited:

You're getting better with the suggestions, you're losing some of the bluntness. Glad you like it so far!

Until we can get a A&SE sw1500 skin I'm using a pioneer Valley sw1500 and A&SE slugs no 1201 and 1202 to work the yard. Also we see a shipping warehouse in the yard.
SW1500? We never had any of those. Change that, we had one, it had a major mechanical failure and was retired and scrapped in 2001. GP38's and our SD39A-1 rebuilds are the primary yard switchers.

Here is a update on the railroad, I have removed all the trees and bushes (which are profig) and I plan to add them back but only usings trees from 4 packs. The Rbmn and midwest grain form JR and the EVWR and EK3-ST from checkrail. This will allowed the trees to be found easily. As for the route it's self, Southern and I plan on working on a 20 mile stretch from Autumville yard to the south portal. This is what we will be doing for the next few weeks. Also, we have a few more A&SE locos and freight cars being worked on and we will be releasing them soon. Thanks and if you have any questions, sugestions, or feedback about the railroad please let me know!

Ok 2 sd40-2s from southern1581. Yes not the best but they will do for now. Note one unit comes with a blown turbo! Also a A&SE 60 ft boxcar comming soon!

The boxcar is looking good! Those SD40-2's were fun to work with. Had a heck of a time figuring out how to blow a turbo on one of them. I need to tone down the smoke on 8555, at first it looked like it was the one with the blown turbo. I'm also taking on a big project and doing one of the specially painted A&SE units. I'm doing the hardest one (and most colorful one) first, if I can pull it off I can do all of them.

In 2000, the A&SE opened up a new line between Mobile, Al and Tallahassee, Fl. The line was called the Gulf Shores High Line. During 1999-2000, the A&SE was also working on repainting their original 9 SD42-3's (7170-7178. 7176 somehow escaped with her original paint and still wears it to this day). At that point, only 7170, 7172, and 7176 needed to be repainted. 7170 was outshopped in fresh maroon, grey, black, and white before the line opened. 7176 was never repainted. So when 7172's turn at the paint shop came around, she was painted in a special paint scheme to commemorate the opening of the line. She lead the first train across it, G312, on June 5, the day it opened.

Normally 7172 is out running on the line she was painted for, but she came into Autumnville 3 weeks ago for scheduled maintenance, and has been running train L156, the Autumnville Local, since she came out of the shop 3 days ago. Here's some shots:

Got A&SE SD38-2 8202 done a few days ago.
b03a89814c6b5b9884c87565a9091f22.jpg

Most of the shots above were on one of the A&SE's lines, the Alabama Division. I'm also working on getting the track laid for a second line, the Gulf Shores High Line. I got a few pics of the progress so far, two of Mobile Yard and the engine facility there, and one of the Mobile Crossovers.
a3ff35a4cb0833e1abdb27388278125a.jpg

4b32b8a9c6e4bea7947d24b50c30162f.jpg

96b76599db547df6f97c62e4bd908780.jpg

I also finished another SD38-2, A&SE 8200. Threw a pretty awesome RS5TRO on the roof of it to top it off.
6605d0ee42b98068985e1d616ca3ee84.jpg

Back