The Alabama & Southeastern RR WIP Thread (Large Screenies)

I don't have AssetX but with my img2tga program I have the root folder set to my TANE fodlder within the appdata folder.

Hmm OK, well the problem I'm having is when in AssetX I only see a list of 20 Assets, and I have 403,000 of them, for some reason I don't see all those in AssetX, I have to try and figure out why.....I believe they are located in appdata dir, in NV3 ETC folder, as it has 160 Gig of files, and the Program side Directory has 13 Gig, so is has to be in appdata like your's

I just haven't figured out why I don't see all of them........Thanks...I'll poke around in AssetX Thread to see if I can figure out what I did wrong.......Thanks for helping......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLvHzL12028

This will show you how to reveal hidden files, which means you can get to the files in the appdata TANE folder inside of PEV's tools as you can't otherwise because they have no search function. If that doesn't help then I don't know what to tell you.

Copy that, thanks, yeah and late last night, I came across Versions in http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?63264-Asset%B7X-FAQ

when I read it , found that in my AssetX ini file, the Trains Ver's listed only up to 3.8, nothing past that to Reflect T:ANE at all to 4.3 which what my content shows Versioning by T:ANE, so I went into the "ini" and added the rest of the Versions in BUILDS Tag, I haven't started AssetX up to see if there is any hiccups, but one thing I found also, if run the program normal, non administrator, it shows Build in Paths as T:ANE SP1 the Version I have..,

However if I run it as Admin, it does not show T:ANE SP1., and in the selection box it is missing all the T:ANE build version!

Now that I added Builds into the list, it should show when I run in ADMIN MODE which is the default I should be doing that anyway under WIN10 environment.

Also after Run Images standalone style like you do, it reduced my Faulty assets from 1300 some to 592 now,,,,that's a big plus..

The larger issue,

A fare number of the Faulty have unknown ASSETS, meaning there not found on the DSL, so I need to find the Author of them? (good luck on that).....Some I'll never find, hence I think I have to go into and edit out the those faulty assets in Config file, Right?

Thanks again for all the help.........Have a blessed Sunday Sir.........

Last edited:
I'm guessing those missing assets are from your routes correct? Once you find all of the missing assets you can, pull up the route in question is surveyor, and pull up the dialogue box in the top left where you would go to save the route after a long day of work. In the drop down there is an option to delete all missing assets, which will save you a lot of time and frustration in the config file.

I'm guessing those missing assets are from your routes correct? Once you find all of the missing assets you can, pull up the route in question is surveyor, and pull up the dialogue box in the top left where you would go to save the route after a long day of work. In the drop down there is an option to delete all missing assets, which will save you a lot of time and frustration in the config file.

Correct they are from my Routes, but some are from others too, but that's Ok, I can fix that....

One thing that doesn't make sense to me, whenever I save a route or sessions, and I do My content list in CM it shows them all as Faulty,,,I have to figure out why........another mystery for sure.

Thanks for the input..........

Used Asset Deletion Key in T:ANE SP1.....Works great

:wave: Just wanted to thank you on bringing up the Route Delete Missing Assets Key,,,,,worked great except on 2 routes, one small, 4 Baseboards, and the other was much larger, T:ANE never finished the step on those 2, ended up having to force close T:ANE, and reload program....Tried it twice?

I don't know why yet, but I went thru the other 25-30 Routes and deleted 3 more routes, to par down a bit. And so in the end result, from 592 I'm down to 320 Faulty Assets I think....

:confused: Question for you, I think the bulk of them is Version issues with T:ANE they are 1.2ver to 3.3 more or less, so it gives a warning they are not supported of course, have you tried to up Version any of your assets in T:ANE,,,,,, how did it work out if you did?

:D I like the Asset Deletion, you just have to patient on larger routes it can take 5-10 mins sometimes to do it, but it looks like it works great!

I don't bother with changing the asset versions, as that only delivers a yellow warning and not a red one. Yellow is like an issue with a useless container in a config file or in your case, a very old trainz build number, which while annoying to look at in CM, does not mean it won't work in trainz. Not really sure what you're doing build 1.2 stuff, that's original trainz type build numbers (Trainz SP3 maybe?) in which case the assets in question are painfully old, the textures probably aren't that good, and the only advantage they would have would be in terms of performance. In any case, outright replacing those very old assets with something a bit newer and better looking would probably benefit the route in question quite a lot, and also it would rid you of your wrong build number problem. But, if you are so inclined to change the build number, you should be able to go into the config and change the build to something newer with few problems. At worst you might have to add/delete a few lines to make it compatible with TANE, as some of the names and lines have changed over the years.

I don't bother with changing the asset versions, as that only delivers a yellow warning and not a red one. Yellow is like an issue with a useless container in a config file or in your case, a very old trainz build number, which while annoying to look at in CM, does not mean it won't work in trainz. Not really sure what you're doing build 1.2 stuff, that's original trainz type build numbers (Trainz SP3 maybe?) in which case the assets in question are painfully old, the textures probably aren't that good, and the only advantage they would have would be in terms of performance. In any case, outright replacing those very old assets with something a bit newer and better looking would probably benefit the route in question quite a lot, and also it would rid you of your wrong build number problem. But, if you are so inclined to change the build number, you should be able to go into the config and change the build to something newer with few problems. At worst you might have to add/delete a few lines to make it compatible with TANE, as some of the names and lines have changed over the years.

Sounds good to me, to tell you the truth, I don't know where I got the old ones from, who knows, and so when I get some time to full around with them, I'll try the number up versioning too see what happens. Some things you just have to live with, it bugs me, but then maybe I'm to picky sometimes for my own good. Oh and believe it or not!!!! I even have version 0.0 what the heck is that about? Beats me with a stick....LOL

Well I'm going back to Merging an bunch of Routes I used to have in my IPAD, Trainz Driver 2, that are available for this Trainz Version.....Highland. British Midlands, Waldavale to Karra (not sure on spelling), City and Country USA, Outback Australia, Armondale Valley Railway Route Ver2, Tidewater Point Rail Etc.

I decided to take a break from Montana Route for a while.......Need a little diversion if you know what I mean.......Good input Thanks

Last edited:
*says the above* *finds free time and makes post at 2:30 Wednesday morning*

I had an unexpectedly quiet day so I was able to get into Trainz and put in an hour or so of work into it. Most of today's work session worked on the continued revival efforts of the Autumnville area; the detail level of Autumnville took an enormous hit during the move from Trainz 2012 to TANE, mainly concerning the disappearance of almost all of the foliage, quite a few textures, etc. I still have quite a lot to do in this area, replacing missing textures, updating some of the older ones, filling in the missing shrubbery, filling in blank spaces in the cities, adding detail where it is lacking (which currently is just about everywhere in Autumnville), etc. It's kinda sad to see Autumnville now compared to in TS12, it was once the pride of the line and hopefully I'll get it beyond its former glory.

Today, I finished up the east side of Autumnville, adding an apartment complex, a few more office buildings, and a massive factory network to finish it off. It certainly isn't great and I'll be revisiting it in greater detail later on, but as a background for the main line, which is its main purpose for now, it works quite well. I also returned the classic Main Street crossing scene back to its old glory, fixing the missing textures and adding some grass and trees to it, making it look much better. I also fixed missing textures for the old shops area. I don't remember any other changes off the top of my head, so let's continue into the screenshots.

Today's southbound F612 was an odd one. Leading the consist is very recently outshopped SD42-3 7237, one of the newest of the litter. Following 7237 is SD40-2 8530, trailing 8530 is SD46-3 6249, which isn't too common to see on a mixed freight as the SD46-3's are primarily used for coal service (and 6249 shows it). After that is a unit that really doesn't get much attention, and that is A&SE yard slug 1202. These yard slugs were the first units ever skinned for the A&SE and even in yard scenes they are very uncommon to see, as there are only 10 of them. 1202 is the second of the litter, and its mother is SW1500 1656, who is bringing up the rear. The slug mother set are bound for Mobile, where they will replace slug mother set SD39M 3942 and yard slug 1205 while they receive their 92 day inspections. The SD46-3 is being dragged along as extra power for this train before being sent off for a coal mine in the south. Certainly an odd consist to catch rolling through town.

Anyways, here are the shots:

And as always, hope you guys enjoy.

Last edited:
Wow, Cow and Calf, that is so cool, and your scenery always looks great, I have a feeling you do just great with Repairs from texture Quake by T:ANE.

It will all come to together, I got some problems with Quick Drive on the Merge 10 route tonight, see my last posts at my place.

See you around...

Back