Sydney Trainzer - ZZR SPECIAL APEC STEAM-UP

flathog

Warning - Do not drop 747
Is anyone going to be at the ZZR's APEC steam-up...

Think we should arrange a meet-up to ride and photograph;)

Tom
________
BMW N54 history

Last edited:
This APEC steam-up is the exact same as a normal steam-up but goes over 3 days rather then 2:p

ZZR website said:
The APEC summit, due to be held in Sydney in September has got a lot of people steamed up, and it is expected that with much of Sydney closed to the public, many will be looking for ways to get away from the city.

The Zig Zag Railway, at Clarence on Bells Line of Road just east of Lithgow, has decided to join the party by holding a special three-day weekend "Steam Up" celebration over the weekend of Friday 7 September, Saturday 8 September and Sunday 9 September.

Throughout the weekend, in addition to the regular steam trains at 11.00, 1.00 and 3.00, from Clarence station, there will be many additional services running with a number of unusual and exciting features. There will be a number of steam locomotives in use, freight trains, mixed trains (re-creating the traditional country trains which combined passengers and freight), double headed trains (two steam engines working together) and perhaps a triple header too. Many of the railway's vintage wooden carriages will be in use, including the luxury Blue Train cars, allowing passengers to travel just as their grandparents did. In addition a regular diesel railmotor shuttle will run up the new extension towards Newnes Junction to allow people to see how much of the former line, closed in 1910, has already been recreated.

As Michael Forbes, the General Manager of the railway explained " traditionally we have held our annual "Steam Up" weekend in November, but this year the railway has added an additional one to the calendar to give Sydneysiders a good reason to get away from APEC".

"We have made it a three day event to give as many people the opportunity to get away from the big smoke and come and see our smoke instead", he added.

The usual return fares, $22 for adults, $18 for seniors and $11 for children and concessions will apply, with family tickets at $55. For those wishing to make a day of it and ride the various trains, a Day Ticket will be available.

The Zig Zag Railway will hold special Steam Up events featuring:
? Three steam locomotives (C17 934, DD17 1049, BB18? 1072), diesel locomotive (Emu Bay 1004).
? Many passenger services double headed (with all possible locomotive combinations )
? Triple Headers - in the afternoon, 3pm from Clarence, 4pm from Bottom Points
? Classic Wooden bodied Queensland carriages
? Vintage Blue Train - South Australian and Queensland Carriages
? Mixed train (passenger and freight - several new vehicles)
? Railmotor shuttle over the first part of the Newnes Junction extension
? Evening train on Saturday (for night photography)
? South Australian Railways Garratt 402 positioned for photography at Bottom Points

Photographers not travelling will be asked to make a contribution.
Lineside photographers must bring their own high visibility safety vests.

Hope this info helps....I would prefer the Saturday as thats the only day my dad can make it.

We will meet at Clarence but I'll be at BP at the very start of the day to greet those who arrive via Cityrail.

Tom
________
weed vaporizer

Last edited:
I Might Be There On The Saturday But I Probably Won't Be Riding The Trains I Will Just Chase Them Up And Down The Mountain.

If you can't make it I'll borrow my sister laptop with wireless internet and attempt a live feed of the day:eek:

Knowing the ZZR though it would cut-out every now and then:p

Tom
________
easy vape review

Last edited:
Is The Friday Going To Be A Public Holiday Cause If It Is I Might Beable To Be There All Three Days In A Holiday Kinda Thing.:D

Ill Have To Wait And See Though.

Will there be a place to meet.Cause if some of you are going to take pictures i might go with you and let my parents go to lithgow workers:cool: :p :cool:

Hey
what part of clarence station will you be meeting at.
Cause im only 14 which means my whole family will be coming and they might just drop me off if anyone will let me go with them.

Note:If you wan't a pic so you reconise me and arn't a phedo just ask.

But i will be there:D

I will be joining the FIRST train of the day from BP and will ride in the last carriage on the Sydney end of the train.
I will probably sticky-tape a sign saying Trainzer meet here or something of the like along the platform.

For those needing accomodation in Lithgow please PM me for details.
Tom
________
Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor specifications

Last edited:
Probably won't be able to attend as I will be in Newcastle for the week leading upto and including that weekend.

Regards,
Warren.

hey Everyone...

I will be arriving at Bottom Points at approximately 8;)

I have e-mailed ZZR asking for the price of "All Day Tickets" but my e-mails have recieved no response so therefore I can only advice to "be prepared" for the day.

Light refreshments, pies, drinks, ice-creams etc... are available from Bottom Points and More-so Clarence station.

Anyone needing special arrangements [ Wheelchair etc... please PM me before-hand so I can arrange for such things on my arrival at BP.

Anyone who thinks they MAY attend please also reply below or PM me so I can get an idea on numbers and make appropriate arrangements. Safety Vest are ESSENTIAL for those wishing to go lineside at ANY stage to photograph the trains from places other then the platform or paved area's.

Tom
________
marijuana vaporizer

Last edited:
Yea i might be there if i can't make it ill say but if i don't reply with any problems ill be there.

Where can i get vests to go train spotting and would anyone be kind enough to baby sit me if there going to take pictures to:eek:

Safety Vests are available from most Safety shops.

I forgot the name of the shop but there is one here in Orange...
If worst comes to worst I'll buy a few and share them around:p

Tom
________
vaporizer review

Last edited:
Ok im not comeing.:'(
I am into model trains to and i go to meetings to help me build and stuff and guess what night its on...The saturday which i was going to go on and now my dads saying one or the other.:'( :'( :'( :'( I WAN"T TO GO TO BOTH BUT I CAN"T! I Can't even go on sunday cause my dads golfing.

Back