Suggestions for Jointed Rail (Not Locomotives)

Instant load just loads the first commodity rather then a random one.

no it doesn't. it loads any of the products the car can carry at random, which is what he doesnt want. however i dont see any way of making it load 'common' commodities within a driver command, and in my view defeats the purpose of the command. i may have a look at making the way it loads certain types of nearby cars with items, but as far as adding any interactive way of choosing i think that surveyor or something else would be suited.

Would it be possible to use the commodity picker some how? I know right now instantload simply over rides it as I've tried this method. Is there a way to make it so it doesnt?

i have thought about this, but commodity picker only uses the available commodities by any interactive industries on the route, so it would severely limit the choice. again pretty much defeating the intent of the command in the first place.

Last edited:
Instant Load loads the first commodity.
Instant Load 12 (formerly 09) loads a commodity at random.

What I'd like to see is IL12 randomly have LCL loading.

Instant Load loads the first commodity.
Instant Load 12 (formerly 09) loads a commodity at random.

What I'd like to see is IL12 randomly have LCL loading.

well iirc the original would load the first product of every queue the vehicle had, making it somewhat useless for multi-queued vehicles. but that command is out of date and isnt really part of this discussion.

LCL might be worth looking in to ill think about that.

i think in regards to the loads, the only thing i might be willing to do is have each car that is coupled and has the same queue and is not an intermodal car would try to load the same product. this would probably look more like a blocked consist. i do not think anything else would be feasible.

Last edited:
Definitely lower poly versions :D

and maybe concrete sleepers for different types of track (lt grey, dk grey etc.) plus dirty tracks :p

There is a driver command, "Load With," that will do what you want. If an industry can load 3 different types of grain you can issue a "Load With" command after you issue the drive to/navigate to command to choose which grain to load. The commands can be combined to load each commodity in a string of cars.
The command has a sub-menu of all of the commodities/products that are in the session. This command works more effectively if you have the allowed categories set in the load queues.
John

There is a driver command, "Load With," that will do what you want. If an industry can load 3 different types of grain you can issue a "Load With" command after you issue the drive to/navigate to command to choose which grain to load. The commands can be combined to load each commodity in a string of cars.
The command has a sub-menu of all of the commodities/products that are in the session. This command works more effectively if you have the allowed categories set in the load queues.
John

yes that seems like something he wants to be using, not the instant load.

i have made a tweak to the instant load to put cars with similar ques that are coupled together with the same products, but that is as far as i will go with it.

Have you guys ever thought of doing "train sets" just like buy a model set. Like you'd get an engine, caboose, maybe some unique freight cars. Maybe even a building, station or jus something extra? Maybe even make a MOW set or a christmas train or circus train. Just a random idea I thought of.

Have you guys ever thought of doing "train sets" just like buy a model set. Like you'd get an engine, caboose, maybe some unique freight cars. Maybe even a building, station or jus something extra? Maybe even make a MOW set or a christmas train or circus train. Just a random idea I thought of.

Nice Idea. I'd love to see you guys do some passenger trainsets, especially Fallen Flags and regionals. My dreamware pack would be an Everything Amtrak set covering Amtrak's entire history, locos and rolling stock in all Phases and configurations.

Especially the Business car set of present day class 1's.

John

When I think of Jointed Rails Future, I think of playing with the best. Heres how we can make it better!

#1 I never hear flat spots on wheels. Improve it

2. I want to see my trainz and locomotives bouncing across my grade crossings at 70MPH. (No I don't care for trainz swayer not work for me) THe BANG as the couplers are adujusting and dropping. The sound of the susspension as it flexes from hitting the concrete pad on the level crossing! THE TRUCK TRAILERS even bouncing! This would be cools stuff!

Oh did i mention to you guys! Make a script with JOINTED RAILS that whear down and come with there own MOW pack to maintain them. Comon lets make this a real job LOLZ!

Cheers William

COming soon in 3 years or so.....!???

Maybe some more Canadian RR Skins, like CP & their (DME, ICE, SOO, D&H, ect...)

Williamb73: I really like your suggestions, I think the first one wouldn't be too hard to do.

well iirc the original would load the first product of every queue the vehicle had, making it somewhat useless for multi-queued vehicles. but that command is out of date and isnt really part of this discussion.

In all seriousness, why/how do you call "InstantLoad" (by Robin Hoods) "Out of date" (and by inference obsolete)? It's built into TS12 along with your InstantLoad09 (now 12) and hasn't been disabled by SP1.

I have no stake in it, and I am not looking to start trouble, I'm just confused - If you were "Joe Average" I'd chalk it up to personal opinion, but being a member of Jointed Rail I am wondering if you know something I don't. (Plus it doesn't seem to get along with lilb's cars too well)

Last edited:
Possibly JR blank maps, like everything in Trainz has (you know, the thing you reskin in photoshop, gimp, etc.) Those would be really cool to have, using them to create your own railroad.

--Bluewater, The Conrail Guru :cool:

Possibly JR blank maps, like everything in Trainz has (you know, the thing you reskin in photoshop, gimp, etc.) Those would be really cool to have, using them to create your own railroad.

--Bluewater, The Conrail Guru :cool:

This has been covered many times over, and would only occur if said PSDs were veeeeeery expensive.

It's all well and good have a variety of awesome tracks but not being able to use them together without it looking unrealistic is a bummer. I'd really like some transition track splines to merge the different colours of ballast or sleeper/rail types. I've probably suggested this before..

Back