Suggestions for Jointed Rail (Not Locomotives)

Passenger cars! Articulated Southern Pacific Daylight, the Silver bodied and red striped Southern Pacific, THOSE type of cars.

I would love to see a re-release of the JR track, though with more noticeable "Rust" and on the same ballast as the non-rusty track. I have re-skinned some for personal use just to see how it looks and it looks good.
89735357.jpg

What do y'all think?

Dan

Maybe some 60 and 90 pound rail for yards, spurs, and branch lines since we are talking track still. :)

I have an idea regarding the restricting aspect on some of the smart signals. The idea is a user selectable setting in surveyor that allows the signal to go into restricting if it detects that the track ahead is unsignaled. Something to the effect of, "Allow restricting state if line ahead is unsignaled:Yes/No", with default being, "No". Some good uses I can see would be entrances to yards or unsignaled sidings. I mention this because I remember a little discussion a while back about the restricting aspect and thought it could be a useful little addition.
Cheers,

-trainman184

interesting request. i do have plans of adding an option for unbonded sidings/yards that will do basically what you describe above but i have no timeframe for it yet. all i can say is that it will be done in the future.

I would like to see an update for the InstaLoad12 asset. A change I would like to suggest is being able to pick which load you want for certain cars, instead of loads being generated at random. Granted this is great for manifests, but you can't technically have a unit grain with some cars full of ballast.

I would like to see an update for the InstaLoad12 asset. A change I would like to suggest is being able to pick which load you want for certain cars, instead of loads being generated at random. Granted this is great for manifests, but you can't technically have a unit grain with some cars full of ballast.

this would pretty much negate the usefulness of this command. how would you be able to select a load for every car with a driver command? why would that not be able to be done in surveyor?

also there should be no reason a covered hopper for carrying grain would ever have ballast in it.

this would pretty much negate the usefulness of this command. how would you be able to select a load for every car with a driver command? why would that not be able to be done in surveyor?

also there should be no reason a covered hopper for carrying grain would ever have ballast in it.

I guess I should have specified. You shouldn't have to select a load for every car by itself, but select loads for cars that have an identical load. Say you have a mix of different grain cars... It would take quite some time to load them with the same exact product because you cant hit "Copy to compatible vehicles" button. But with this feature, if they have a common load such as Grain HP, then you should be able to load those different cars with that product all at once.

And I just used ballast as an example... I know covered hoppers shouldn't have ballast.

I guess I should have specified. You shouldn't have to select a load for every car by itself, but select loads for cars that have an identical load. Say you have a mix of different grain cars... It would take quite some time to load them with the same exact product because you cant hit "Copy to compatible vehicles" button. But with this feature, if they have a common load such as Grain HP, then you should be able to load those different cars with that product all at once.

And I just used ballast as an example... I know covered hoppers shouldn't have ballast.

i just don't see this as fitting in with the intent of this driver command. this is really for randomly generated trainz or AI so they can have a loaded train. also i cannot think of any way feasible to do this in driver. if you wish to have fine control over the loads, do it in surveyor. it just doesn't make any sense to try and put that into a driver command.

Would it be possible to use the commodity picker some how? I know right now instantload simply over rides it as I've tried this method. Is there a way to make it so it doesnt?

Back