Suggestions for Jointed Rail (Not Locomotives)

NP Box Cars

In the late 50's the Northern Pacific needed cars for lumber loads that could fill in as grain cars during the grain rush. These cars were fitted with a flush fitting 8' 1 15/16" plug door and a 6' sliding door. With both doors open a 14 foot opening was available for loading lumber and with plug door closed it could be used for grain.
The Northern Pacific built 1,835 cars to this configuration between 1958 and 1964 in three groups with minor differences in appliances.
Photographer unknown.
NP_boxcar_atHouston_Nov74_zpsee3bf454.jpg

Those are very similar to some NP cars I had considered building, I think they were just one class off. They aren't entirely out of the question.

Those are very similar to some NP cars I had considered building, I think they were just one class off. They aren't entirely out of the question.

It would certainly be a great addition to the line of JR quality rolling stock and greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:
I'd love to see JR do a locomotive shop-themed module. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it had the older brick shop buildings and a decent transfer table.

How about more transition era rolling stock? Like tank cars or cabooses?

I would have to agree, quality tank cars of the 40's through 60's era are nil. Quality 50 foot transition era box cars are rare in all types, i.e. steel and wood sheathed and outside braced.

Regards,

SP non bay window cabooses would be nice. There are two on the dls and I have yet to find any others out there.

CSX Nahunta/Jesup Sub route complete with detailed Folkston scenery (FLS and Chess cabooses, railfan platform, etc).

THAT would be EPIC!!!!*

Last edited:
JR, if you guys ever update your signal scripts, would it be possible to include an option to force a certain aspect for a certain route through turnouts? Maybe have it as an option for advanced set-up vs. "plug-and-play"? Would also love to see a full set of B&O CPLs.

Passenger Cars
Passenger Cars
Passenger Cars

B&O Streamlined Heavyweights / Harriman coaches / other arch roof heavyweights
Budd Slumbercoaches
Diner/Kitchen articulated sets
Amtrak Cascades Talgo sets with baggage car
Correct Talgo II set instead of Aerotrain set for Rock Island LWT12
updated Great Northern Empire Builder set
Acela Express with cafe car and other correct cars (ie quiet car markings)
multi-level commuter coaches other than BBLs, (Bombardier MultiLevel Coach, Kawasaki, Nippon Sharyo, Pullman Metra/Gallery cars, etc.)
Railcars/MU's/Subway Cars (esp. Washington Metro)
PRR/PC/Amtrak Metroliner MUs

Back