Stumped: Or, need clarification please

rmp090946

I'm using content spline "Path Concrete". When applied to my route area it rises above the ground (as if hovering in the air). I've checked the existing gradient ("get gradient) in the entire area and it is all consistently 2.25. My question: Is this normal (for this type of spline KUID)? And if not, what should I be doing (if possible) to correct the situation? Note: I have a station, some track, a parking spline that are all in the same area without any instance of my problem with the "Path Concrete". Thanks, Bob

Another tip (unless this is what you did): Push down one vertex and get it right where you want it, then use the "Get Vertex Height" tool on that vertex. Then move to the "Use Vertex Height" tool and click once on each of the other vertices. They will all snap down to the surface of the board by the same amount as the first one.

Bill

Another tip (unless this is what you did): Push down one vertex and get it right where you want it, then use the "Get Vertex Height" tool on that vertex. Then move to the "Use Vertex Height" tool and click once on each of the other vertices. They will all snap down to the surface of the board by the same amount as the first one.

Bill
HiBaller: Your way is the right way to do it; I subsequently re-read the manual on the "Get Vertex Height" tool and am using it to accomplish my original question. Thanks, Bob.

That method will work just fine on flat terrain, but if you happen to lay the sidewalk on "bumpy" terrain, then it is possible for the sidewalk to still be higher (or lower) than the terrain. What happens is that the 'get vertex height' and the 'use vertex height' tools are based on an absolute board elevation of "0.00". So when you do this, each vertex will be set to that one height above zero. On gradually upward sloping terrain, the sidewalk will slowly submerge into the ground.

In that case, you're back to individually adjusting vertex points. It's boring, but sometimes you just have to do it. :hehe:

Bill

Back