Strange letters in station names

dash56

Hi there,

I first posted this question into the Surveyor subforum, but apparently is less visited than this one. Apologies if I did wrong repeating my question in this forum :)

I am trying to build my first session from an existing route, Razorback Railway in Trainz 2010.

When I try to give a command to a loco in order to drive to a station, in this case, Claire Platform 1, strange characters (fxlxsp4.....) appears in the platform's name, and the loco won't move at all.

I assume I must change that strange characters in order to be recognized by the locos. But I don't know how to do it :confused:

Can anyone help me (in simple terms please), as I am not very expert in session building (yet)...:)

Thanks in advance guys.

I have noticed these with Razorback Classic and Razorback v 6.4 in TS12. Although the routes do not show up as having missing dependencies, the invisible stations are not displayed properly. Certain broken attachment points seem to be present which is why you see the odd character strings for the platform number. Some stations also show up as "station name P101", P102, P201, P202 etc. I got round the problem by deleting the faulty stations and replacing them with other invisible stations. While this will work for your own personal use it will not help if you want to upload the session to the dls as you will also need to upload the new route for which you will need to get permission from the original creators.

well have you got your TRS version joint or are they stand alone?

Razorback Railway v6.4 is a recent TS12 update by locoone and all its 789 assets are built-in or are on the dls. The dependencies for some reason do not show up under view dependencies for his route but doing a save as or moving a scenery asset in edit route and saving to give a new route a new kuid means all the assets show up under view dependencies.

I have just had a look at the unmodified routes again in surveyor and the platforms that are giving problems are sellected from the following:

Invisible platform lge 1,<kuid:117140:20000>
Invisible platform lge 2,<kuid:117140:20001>
Invisible platform lge 3,<kuid:117140:20007>
Invisible platform lge 4,<kuid:117140:20008>
Invisible platform med 1,<kuid:117140:20002>
Invisible platform med 2,<kuid:117140:20003>

The attached track if it shows at all is S shaped and on the Razorback route does not seem to be connected.

These same platforms are in Razorback classic and are almost certainly the cause of the strange names and script errors showing up when consists are given commands to go to the platforms.

More information on v6.4 is here:

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...ay-Classic-Map-and-TS2012&highlight=razorback

Back