Invisible (train) drivers

Leo1704

I know this is a strange question, but there is a specific reason I am asking this. Is there a driver that can be placed into a train in order to drive it, but that driver is invisible. I have one loco I want to use but the position of the driver is always placed too low so the drivers legs are actually on the track when the train moves. I appreciate this is an issue with "attachments" etc, but, as someone who can't spend an awful lot of time, it really would be simpler to use an invisible driver just for the this particular loco.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Many thanks
Leo

If I understand it correctly, you are solving the problem with the train driver, who is just like a figure in the model. It has no effect on the function of the machine.
It is possible to delete this function. or find a program to earn points.

If I understand it correctly, you are solving the problem with the train driver, who is just like a figure in the model. It has no effect on the function of the machine.
It is possible to delete this function. or find a program to earn points.
Yes, I understand that. It is simply for appearance.
Can you explain in any event how to delete the function? That would be helpful.
And I am not sure what you mean by your advice to "find a program to earn points"? Any clarification would be helpful.
Thanks

to remove the function, it is necessary in the config of the given model. But you need to know which entry you are looking for.
I know that there is a program where you can move and add points. But unfortunately I don't have it. In theory it's called "IMEditor"

Couldn't you model an invisible driver mesh in the driver's seat? When a driver is added that invisible mesh should replace the AI driver character? There are some NGT8 trams that have a driver in place. No matter what driver is added, the same model is shown.

I'm not sure. Can you model a driver mesh that is actually invisible. I have tried a couple of things, but it ends up faulty. Any suggestions as to how to model an invisible driver?

Others have already done that. You may want to substitute your driver for something from the DLS.

Thanks John, I did try to find one on the DLS, and I did a pretty comprehensive search, but could not find an invisible driver. I was wondering whether anyone has found one? If so, if you could provide details, that would be very much appreciated.
Many thanks
Leo

You're welcome. I hope these help.

<kuid:95230:106848> MR_Driver_Jack_Invisible
<kuid:95230:106849> MR_Driver_Jennifer_Invisible V2
<kuid:95230:106852> MR_Driver_Justin_Invisible
<kuid:95230:106851> MR_Driver_Russ_Invisible
<kuid:228973:3005> Invisible_Driver_Mesh

<kuid:166065:118615> EMT Invisible Driver Textures ===> This might be what you are looking for.

You're welcome. I hope these help.

<kuid:95230:106848> MR_Driver_Jack_Invisible
<kuid:95230:106849> MR_Driver_Jennifer_Invisible V2
<kuid:95230:106852> MR_Driver_Justin_Invisible
<kuid:95230:106851> MR_Driver_Russ_Invisible
<kuid:228973:3005> Invisible_Driver_Mesh

<kuid:166065:118615> EMT Invisible Driver Textures ===> This might be what you are looking for.
John, after quite some fiddling, I managed to make it work. It was the Invisible Driver mesh placed into a "driver.character", replacing the mesh of a visible driver with the Invisible Driver mesh. I really appreciate your help! It certainly improves the experience of running the train.
Leo

Back