Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

#2929..

Bobcass_20130810_0040_zps12390925.jpg

Normhart: Thanks for the comment..I Like that route you have..I think you have said it before, but what is the Name of the Route??

Rollins Pass 1915 from TrainzItalia (Payware). Think Moffat Tunnel before the tunnel, it is actually a backdated version of their West from Denver route (also payware) by the incredible Jango.

I am in the process of converting it to narrow gauge just for fun (every time I start working on it I end up running trains on it instead.)

Those two work trains are supposed to be helping me convert trestles and tunnels but... I have fun instead.

That particular location is directly below Jenny Lake at just above 10,800ft. Still aways below the crest. :D

Last edited:
Rollins Pass 1915 from TrainzItalia (Payware). Think Moffat Tunnel before the tunnel, it is actually a backdated version of their West from Denver route (also payware) by the incredible Jango.

I am in the process of converting it to narrow gauge just for fun (every time I start working on it I end up running trains on it instead.)

Those two work trains are supposed to be helping me convert trestles and tunnels but... I have fun instead.

That particular location is directly below Jenny Lake at just above 10,800ft. Still aways below the crest. :D

Norm, I am interested in your changes!
Rollins Pass is one of my favorite routes and surely will be updated in objects and textures.
Most likely will be published free ...
:)

@Jango, I was planning on sending the final product to you guys by way of a thank you for all the hours of joy you have brought me. I've gotten about 6.5 miles "done" so far.

FWIIW I am using pencil42's NG36 35lb rails countersunk to reflect D&RG's parsimony with ballast.
aeab.jpg

I am also using colorado71's CO NG36 trestles.
46i9.jpg

They don't quite match up but I didn't want to use colarado71's much heavier rails. (they look to be 60-100lb range).

@flyboy559, the area around Jenny and Yankee Doodle Lakes is about my favorite section on this route.

o52a.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, there was a steam engine in my last picture*. :D

Nice screenies there Iginc.

(*It was just very very tiny.)

@normhart
"@Jango, I was planning on sending the final product to you guys by way of a thank you for all the hours of joy you have brought me. I've gotten about 6.5 miles "done" so far."

OK,OK....I wait ...:udrool:

Back