SPORBUST Leaving the Trainz Community?

Status
Not open for further replies.

quakers1

Stuck With a Bad Username
I heard rumors that Frank(SPORBUST) is leaving the Trainz community. If these are true, I have no clue what to think. I really like his content. One of the biggest bummers was he quit supporting 04 and went to 06. I'm probably not the only dissapointed Trainzer out there. Phil C recently did something to all of his locos that made all of them work with 04, 06, and Trainz Classics. Perhaps Frank could do that. If he did, I'd be overjoyed.
:udrool: :udrool: :mop: :mop:

-quakers1

Any creator will only remain focused on a single platform for the time it takes to bore him or her. Frank has created some wonderful content for Trainz, but to expect him to maintain interest in Trainz forever is a bit optimistic. If he leaves, I wish him well, and thank him for his work.
Ed

Any creator will only remain focused on a single platform for the time it takes to bore him or her. Frank has created some wonderful content for Trainz, but to expect him to maintain interest in Trainz forever is a bit optimistic. If he leaves, I wish him well, and thank him for his work.
Ed

I do not expect him to stay in the Trainz community forever, but I'd like it if he could adjust his newer 06 models to be compatible with 04. And if he wants to do some stuff for MSTS2, my say is he should go for it. But I wish he'd make his newer 06 models(HLCX SD40 pack, 8-40B/BW, SD70M/MAC, C44-9W) compatible with 04. I was angered by the response to this on USLW's forum. They said mean things, they said Frank would NOT adjust the models for 04. It seems like he could do so easily.

-quakers1

Why WOULD he though....he is under no obligation. It seems rather selfish to me to say "Before you go, could you just fix these items to work in 2004?" I wouldn't, were it me.....
Ed

Off hand...no, I don't....I stopped downloading items a while ago, but if the issue is it was made for 2006, then all you should have to do is change the build or version number in the config file to the one for 2004.
If it is a locomotive, or something else that has many dependancies, then you have to change the number in the configfile for each one, if need be.
Ed

Making a 2006 item work in 2004 has varied results. I've done it with results being:
1 - The item works.
2 - The item partially works such as a locomotive works but not the trucks.
3 - The item doesn't work.

Note this involves more than just changing the build number. You have to know how config files work and need to be setup. Bogey lines are done differently in '06 for example with all the parenthical brackets used where '04 just uses 1-4 lines with no brackets.

Frank's 2006 stuff, I don't see why it should be made to work. Every '06 model he made has an '04 version out already that I know of.

I can understand your concern but would it have been more tactful to just email him or send him a pm with your concerns rather than fire up a bigger rumour mill? I would think that if he were to go and do something else we would likely hear it from him first.

I have no idea why Sporbust is leaving but i'm gonna miss him.:'( but luckliy i had saved SPORBUST's content in the CMP in TRS2006.:D

Thiis UNBELIEVABLE! First chrisracer, now this! The really bad part is that my computer just crashed and all of my Sporbust locomotives are gone. Since there is no where to get the UP Dash 8s or the c44-9s or any other engines that Sporbust just made ( for some reason in hell his content was removed from USLW) I may never be able run one of his engines again!!
They are such awesome creations but what the hell if they are not available any where.:'( :'( :(:(

Thiis UNBELIEVABLE! First chrisracer, now this! The really bad part is that my computer just crashed and all of my Sporbust locomotives are gone. Since there is no where to get the UP Dash 8s or the c44-9s or any other engines that Sporbust just made ( for some reason in hell his content was removed from USLW) I may never be able run one of his engines again!!
They are such awesome creations but what the hell if they are not available any where.:'( :'( :(:(

but I still have sporbust in the CMP in TRS2006 and it's also in archive. would u like it? i still have it from U.S.Trainz & the UALW (since it was remodel, but now it's the USLW).

Jeezez, why cant we just wait for franks own comments on this?
I' feel pretty calm when i see this:

SPORBUST
user_offline.gif

GMAX Creator/Skinner
UPexSPsd70mleft.gif
Last Activity: Today 08:53 PM

Just because he's taking some time of, it dosent meen he's leaving the community, does it?
Becides, everyone needs some time off now and then.

Just my thoughts
Lars

Last edited:
Jeezez, why cant we just wait for franks own comments on this?
I' feel pretty calm when i see this:

SPORBUST
user_offline.gif

GMAX Creator/Skinner
UPexSPsd70mleft.gif
Last Activity: Today 08:53 PM

Just because he's taking some time of, it dosent meen he's leaving the community, does it?
Becides, everyone needs some time off now and then.

Just my thoughts
Lars

Thanks for injecting some sense into this thread. I totally agree, if Frank wants a break or wishes to leave, that is his perogative, as is the version he wishes to create his content for. If you don't like it, buy 2006, or better yet, start creating your own content.

Those of us who create content do it because we enjoy creating and giving others the opportunity to use what we build. We are under no obligation to anyone, and it would be best if others would realise that.

So in other words, just be thankful that Frank has contributed all that he has.

Tony

I heard rumors that Frank(SPORBUST) is leaving the Trainz community. If these are true, I have no clue what to think. I really like his content. One of the biggest bummers was he quit supporting 04 and went to 06. I'm probably not the only dissapointed Trainzer out there. Phil C recently did something to all of his locos that made all of them work with 04, 06, and Trainz Classics. Perhaps Frank could do that. If he did, I'd be overjoyed.
:udrool: :udrool: :mop: :mop:

-quakers1

Ohhhhhh.... Just SHUT UP!!! That's all I hear from you, is pouting about Frank not supporting TRS 04. That's his choice, and you're going to have to learn to deal with it. If you can't, I'm sorry, but nobody wants to hear you cry about it. "...Perhaps Frank could do that." Perhaps you could drop it.

LOL

Caddylars pm'd me in regards to this thread. I had no idea it was here. I have not left any thing but i do not know if i will release any more content. Its just a pain in the *ss any more to be honest. The dls is rediculous and i don't want to host a ton of old content on someones site any more. The new dash 9 c44's i sent 6 of the SP paint to freinds and beta testers. I have the BNSF almost finished but i have lost all my drive at this time to finish it. Heres a pic i took about 3-4 weeks ago and its where they stand. To be honest i havnt even started Trainz in 3+ weeks now. http://home.comcast.net/~frmccall/wsb/html/view.cgi-image.html--graphic.html

I still check the board every other day or so just for kicks.

Ohhhhhh.... Just SHUT UP!!! That's all I hear from you, is pouting about Frank not supporting TRS 04. That's his choice, and you're going to have to learn to deal with it. If you can't, I'm sorry, but nobody wants to hear you cry about it. "...Perhaps Frank could do that." Perhaps you could drop it.

Easy there. Just because quakers1 is a relatively new face to the forums (like me), doesn't mean you need to put him down. He's only talked about SPORBUST converting his stuff in his two most recent posts. To hear you say it, it's as if every single one of his 36 posts is about that (yes, I checked). Just remember, we're here to have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back