Speed up time and TRS2009 physics

TheCTrain

One more question since the last one got a good answer in such a short time. :D

Is there a shortcut key for speeding up time in Driver? I'm trying to resolve some issues since bringing a TRS2006 AI route into 2009 and some problems take too much time to get into those areas. One issue that I have noticed is that some consists keeps rolling for a bit after being uncoupled from the engine(apparent change in physics). They didn't do this in 2006 and I'm unsure right now whether I should be trying to slow the trains with speedlimit signs just prior to uncoupling from the engines or if the configs for the rolling stock need altering. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Craig T

Craig T,

We know there was for TRS2006 have you tried it in TS2009 , it helped beta testers run a route in hype speed .

But I have not received TS2009 yet :'( !

But I would try it , and see if it works , you can always delete it if not .

--- ,dave

Hi Craig !

Put -debug in Your trainsoptions.txt file. This will allow You to speed things up by holding down one of the shift-keys.

EDIT: Did You remember to set the handbrake on the waggons ? (click on the consist and press A).

Al from Denmark.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Al, it was the debug command I had forgotten about.

My route runs all AI so I would have to find a Driver Command the AI could use. There may be something on the DLS but I haven't checked yet since this problem only showed up in TS2009. I don't blame 2009 though since things are probably more correct now. :)

Craig T

Hi Craig !

Ohh...I thought it was when You were driving 'manually' :hehe:

I don't know if there is a 'AI' command to pull the handbrake, but i can't remember seeing one.

I will look into it though, because it would be usefull in some situations.

Al.

EDIT : I just tested it. When I use 'AI' and decouple on a slope, it seems like the handbrake is applied automatically. Do You make sure that You come to a full stop before You decouple ? Like 'drive to xxx, wait 10 sec., decouple, drive to yyy'

Last edited:
You have a good idea about adding a "Wait" for a few seconds prior to uncoupling. I did an experiment adding a slow speedlimit prior to uncoupling and it worked so a "Wait" should work and be a better alternative. Thanks.

Craig T

Hi Craig !

You're welcome!

I like the idea of adding a slow limit to it, because it makes things more 'life-like'. Normally i use about a minut wait for the same reason.

Well, glad You got it to work !

Al.

Back