SP2 for TS09 - Installation time

Lucidor

Hi

I have downloaded SP2 for build 38411 and started the installation. It has now run for about 6 hours and is not mor than half way.

Is that normal?

//Lucidor

It was taking that amount and more for me. So I ran the patch in safe mode, internet switched off and anti virus software disabled, the patch took 3 hours. Good luck.

Auran is not very good at this type of upgrades. I remember the 2004 patches that needed a fresh (not started) installation of the program before installing the service pack.

I will try your advice, thanks.

//Lucidor

PS: I am now back after a nice evening on the town and its still installing (or something). We are talking allmost 12 hours. What has Auran to say about that?

Auran is not very good at this type of upgrades. I remember the 2004 patches that needed a fresh (not started) installation of the program before installing the service pack.

I will try your advice, thanks.

//Lucidor

PS: I am now back after a nice evening on the town and its still installing (or something). We are talking allmost 12 hours. What has Auran to say about that?

I would say you might want to start over....however.....it's possible, as happened with me, that you may have to start totally from scratch. That is - remove TRS2009 and then install it fresh. I had a problem when attempting to load Carbon City prior to doing the SP2 install. It rendered my original 2009 installation unusable. That being said, once I did the re-install of 2009 WBE, with Zone Alarm enabled, it automatically did the SP2 upgrade with absolutely no problem and has run flawlessly since.

Hope that helps some..

Regards..Bob

Back