Snow High Valley Distr Ctr (High Resolution 950x532) Approx

Good Day my friends,

Tomorrow is Xmas eve, and we were ready to Celebrate, but Mr's Blue took sick, unfortunately, for us, MR COVID is the culprit.

In previous week, Blue was ill for 4 days with Sinus, however after a Covid Test yesterday it now appears, Mr Covid hit me as well. A bit I didn't show all the symptoms. :unsure:

Looks like, and we are hoping by next Friday we can have a few family over if when we retest, hopefully negative. And open some gifts up. 🙏

With that I want to wish all of you a Happy and Healthy Xmas. 🥹

Going back to Bed for a little more rest. :sleep:🛌

Good Tuesday all,

Hope everyone had a Nice New Years, for us, we both got over our Covid, but just before New Years the Mr's got 24Hr Flue or Food issues. Unfortunately it was a Quite and Somber New Year. She is better now, but Dec was a very rough month for Health issues. It has been 2-3 yrs since we had Covid. This was probably a new strain. Fortunately we have had 5 Shots so we were able to get over it in about a week.

One of close Family Friends has got Esophageal Cancer, and it looks like stage 4. So we are preparing for the worst. Fortunately depending on how you look at it, he made it thru Xmas. Please say a prayer for him.

In the meantime, I have been playing in Trainz, general housekeeping of ridding old assets, trying to fix others etc. Throwing out some old Routes that I decided I won't need or use.

My laptop ASUS ROG, is now starting it's 6 yr, wow, hard to believe. So I have decided when I can, to replace with a newer one, especially for GPU which 1080, a Dinosaur for sure. For the moment, is prudent for me to stay with TRS 2019 Platinum.

I am happy with this version, maybe next Year I might dabble in Trainz 2022. From what I see, there are still some growing pains with 22, and that is expected with any new versions of Software, nothing is ever 100% just ask Windows users, like me a Veteran from Dos 2.0 which had its insane Memory issues Etc. LOL.

Ok most of what I discuss here today is for Newbies in Trainz, Veterans here already know this and much more!

So when Blue downloads a Route, what does he do with it.

Here is my check lists.

First and foremost, I give the Faulty, Error not loading properly test. Before I even play with, it has to pass this test.

or I throw the Route away. Some Routes may be too complicated, too dense with Shrubs, Trees, huge Rail Yards, beyond the capacity of my Laptop and aging GPU. My Time is valuable as I get older, eye aging etc.

All Assets need to be located, or if not deleted from the Route. Errored out Assets, Uniform Color Errors, I can usually fix with Asset X utility. Even-though it is aging, it still works. Learn about it, use it.

Do some of the Assets not display correctly, Alpha Mask Errors, if I can't fix it, do a Bulk Replace.

Look at the Signaling, does it make sense, does it have any signaling, is it Dark Territory? If signaled does it make sense it how the Signals are placed. What does Unbonded mean in Signal States, when do you use It?

One of my pet peeves if you will is Water Ways, how they are layed out, do they make sense, do we need to change them? That depends on you. I find a fair amount, I'll delete, add, rearrange etc according to the theme I would like to see on said Route.

I love merging Routes, it is fun but is also perilous too, make sure when working on any item, be it Asset, Route etc, back it up, 2-3 copies. Extra work, yes, but it will pay off in spades when you need it. Here is a case in point, the last month, I have been working with Morristown New Jersey, and several similar small routes on my small travel computer. Lots of fun 6x merges, and things coming together, all of sudden during one of last two merges, I had 6 Assets missing.

Normally you due DELETED ASSETS move in Surveyor, which I tried to do, it did it, but did not show this Assets removed when saving and closing Route to New Name. Next thing, go in CM and open Config.txt, manually look up Assets, delete them, close and save. However in Surveyor, the Route still comes up with same 6 Assets missing. Config.txt opened, and there back again. Why Trainz does this, I do not know, it happens every so often.

Final plan, since I save my Route edits every 30-60 mins by hard learned habit, I have versions saved in Trainz just in case this issue comes up. I was at version 245, my last known good version of the Route was version 181.

So deleted 20 some old versions, I only keep 1 of every 10, and loaded 181, loss of 2 weeks of works. Good thing is, no more missing Assets. Only thing I can think of, the Route during one of last two merges got corrupted. Took me 4 days to redo my what I had lost, and now I up and ahead from were I restarted.

Now someone would probably ask, did I do DBR repair, answer, oh definitely, I do them daily sometimes when I importing new Assets, deleting a lot of Modified or Local Obsoleted Assets. Etc.

One thing to understand about DBR, next time you do one, keep it open to show the list of functions it shows as DBR is running. Take and copy that list of text lines, put it in notepad and take a read at all the different items Trainz test for error proofing. You'll start to get ideas on what Assets are causing you issues. Then you'll need to decide what to do with them. I have 792,000 Assets. Yes you are correct, it is a lot, and need to get rid of lots of aged ones, Version 1.0 and up, however the rub is, when I delete them, I need to replace the ones in corresponding Routes, no small Job!

Please for the new folks, have a Question feel free to ask, I'll do my best to answer you back.

The last and most important thing for New Members, please respect our Asset Creators, we have lost quite a few, for one reason or another, also remember this Forum is Vast conglomerate Wealthy in Knowledge and Experience.

Without saying, life is not perfect, neither is Trainz, nor Software in the general scheme of things.

Want a quick view of your Route, Zoom out or use the Map Function, make sure you check in MAP OPTIONS and turn on Signals, Etc.

One of the problems here, the Wrong Bridge was installed, no Tankers come in to unload, I had to put in a Bascule or Cantilever Bridge large enough for Tanker and Enter-modal Ships to make port.

On this side across from Enter-modal yard, I had change the crossover track and Mainlines needed to slide 30 feet to the West, why, because original Curve of Track was way to tight for larger Locomotives and Consists, overhang on Curve was not acceptable, and if you look at the consist of Grain and Cement Cars coming in, I barely had enough room to get that Curve in. with just 5 feet distance from Spur approach relative to Mainlines on left side.

Other problem was height clearance over the water with shipping, everything needs to be in Lockstep, otherwise it looks wonky.

Now the Track was just laid in here, I need to modify the texture and change things in the Farm Fields. Trees are in the way, far from finished, but proof of concept works here. The rest will follow as I modify the affected areas.

In this area, I removed all Texture in large areas on left side, I am redoing the mainlines and Rail Yards to match up with Enter-modal Facility Im modifying.

Waterway needed enlarging a bit too.

Using SD-45 Old SP units to move test freights on modified tracks. These Dwarf signals are to old, and don't have settings to manipulate the Aspects I want. Changing to JR and Safe trans Etc. I found several Signals incorrectly staged, and over populated too. In fact with final Merges, I deleted a few hundred signals in general and will install new ones.

I had to kick myself on this one, I forgot too allow for double mainlines along with new Rail Yards, I kept driving thru the main into the Enter-modal Rail Yard, not realizing I hadn't laid 2 mainlines parallel to the Rail Yard.

This and the fact I didn't check Grid alignment for 3 miles meant everything was helter skelter. UGGGG!

Back to the drawing board, Shift the Rail Yard towards the Enter-modal by 2 Grid lines, Realign everything. Only about 4 hrs of work. What a dummy I am for missing the obvious. In hindsight this is how one learns to do better the next time and pay attention to details.

Ok if you look to the Left side of long view, you see lots of what looks like Clippings of Texture, almost like Scrap Books, but in 2019 we don't have that, a bonus thing in 22 Trainz.

So how did I do it, I cut and pasted sections of areas, I wanted out of the way, and pasted blank Grid Lines over the area where they originally were, yes it takes time and work, but for me, it works out nicely. I lay new Double Mainline for 12 tiles, and will cut and paste those pieces back in and then dress up the texture to Match.

This blank area is part of 5 and 6th Merge points, where I had to add blank tiles, 8-10 in some cases, why you ask? Well, one Route point was 0 elevation and the other was 40-60 feet high, we need a transition layer of blank tiles to drop our high point down to 0 etc, so it looks natural, some hills and Mountains hides it nicely.

I have tons of YTube, I post later. Ran out of time duty calls. I need to finish my Plumbing issue with Toilet, more parts needed, it's off to the Store, Holidays are over, back to the grind....

All right Folks, I think this due for now.

Thank you for dropping by.

Thank you for the tips, Blue, I always learn something from these. Sorry your holidays were rough, but wishing you a blessed and joyous new year!

Last edited:
Good day all,

The rebuilding the Harbor area is continuing, tonight's Pictures to follow:

In this picture, I split the Harbor apart and inserted a blank section of Grid lines to start the rebuild. Simple Cut and paste a in few moves.The right side of expansion is going to slip right almost a full Tile. This will allow for reforming the Mountain edges and giving more Docking space too.

Long view across here, you see the area is more stretched out as push things to the right.

An even longer view, if you look all the way across the water, You'll see the other end of the Merge where Mountains across the back are cut flat edge. Those Mountains will be blended into the new Harbor Inter-Model Yard Limits

This is the backside view, where the Mountain has been chopped back to fit these Buildings in. Especially this and the tight Rail 90 Degree turn all needs to be revamped.

Here is original front view.

This is where the Harbor rebuild takes place.
Looking down towards bottom middle is 3 pieces of clipped and pasted parts too see how the expansion will look.

Better close up here, I've cleared a whole bunch of Water and painted the rest of the area plain Grid lines.

This view is Mountains looking over unfinished Harbor with everything is torn up. To answer another Ques? Where in the heck did all that Water disappear to? Well that's long story, but as I would cut and Paste, there was some leftovers and it was getting really messy with all the Duplicates from Pasting, and spacing. So started to erase Water and Textures, replacing them with Clean Grid lines.

Looking across from the other side of clipped mountains. The two pasted group of Tracks will form a new Enter-modal yard minus the Turntable which needs to be in another area, it doesn't belong in with Inter-modal Operations.

This is up on top of the cut Mountain Ridge where the Morristown and other Jersey Routes were merged. This ridge from Red Mark will be drawn into and smoothed out with other Mountain Ridge in somewhat of Crescent shape this side of those Enter-modal Tracks.
====================================================================
Helpers Cutoff on the Fly on the CSX Mountain Subdivision

The CSX Mountain Subdivision which runs between Cumberland MD and Parkersburg WV is one of the steepest mainline grades in the east averaging between 2%-3% in sections between Grafton and Terra Alta. Due to majority of traffic being coal and the steep grade, helper sets are called out to help shove the heavy trains over the hill. Even with 5 AC gevos in a 2-1-2 power configuration, its still a struggle to take a 100 car train to the top.
Bay Colony Railroad returns to Cape Cod - 1/2/2024

In this video we see Bay Colony Railroad locomotives return to Cape Cod for the first time since 2007. This is a result of the Bay Colony purchase by Mass Coastal and the engines were placed in storage in Hyannis, MA. We follow the locomotive power move from Taunton to Hyannis, MA. The video shows the two BCLR units being placed on a restored track in Hyannis Yard.
Alco Railroad Buys More Big Sixes

Restored railroad: Grafton & Upton Railroad compilation
In this video we follow the Grafton & Upton Railroad's restored/expanded line from North Grafton to Milford, MA. From there we also follow the reactivated track from Milford to Franklin. Most of the G&U was restored from a line that had not seen traffic for years, sometimes decades. The rebuild started in 2008 and has continued all these years with recent expansions in Upton, Hopedale, Grafton, and Milford for mostly transloading operations.
Train Derailments 2023 | SPECIAL REPORT
Derailment at Rowen on Tehachapi Pass https://youtu.be/75QiVA2qNkk?si=1-SEZBI7bgzaoUUP

"One Is The Loneliest Number..." NYSW Utica NY Branch
https://youtu.be/50yeTz9yYXc?si=INCe4_U3wnFu6mqY

This video features New York, Susquehanna & Western's No. 3040 running "light" from Sangerfield NY heading back to the Susquehanna 's Utica Yard. No. 3040 is first seen at Greens Crossing Road, Paris, then as vt blasts by the former DL&W Chadwicks station. After picking up two boxcars off the Utica industrial line, the short freight is observed on Utica's Schuyler Street under rainy conditions.
Railroad Tunnel #22 Collapses, Train Wreck, Abandoned, West Virginia

https://youtu.be/kpj9PKO2i_c?si=Q7T7SK_sc2hTuiBk
Transformers https://youtu.be/BgpAeal1zAo?si=2SmH7Dh6eRjRiJQR
Join The ETR Nation as we get distracted and spend the day looking at special flat cars, their loads and how they are unloaded!
Testing Flat Cars or Where is My Caboose? https://youtu.be/ZpEDLQPPyXM?si=a8Lq610nAFWf9Ja6
This was filmed on the private White Creek Railroad Near Grand Rapids Michigan. In this video I am running Gradar 75 a radio controlled 7.5" (190mm) gauge battery locomotive. We were in the process of building some new flat cars and I took two out for a test run. Usually the cars have safety chains to ensure the train stays but they had not been installed yet. I ran most of the railroad and met the railroad owner not shown and he asked me "Didn't you have another car" I looked back an to my surprise my caboose was missing. Do I find my caboose? Watch the video to find out.

Thank you for dropping by.

Good Day all,

Next part of Harbor area expansion:part Duo

This was the most logical place to start, needed to get that Tight curve squared away, We cut the Curve out, move it to the right for reference, so we can lay new Rail down and see how things work.

Now the first part was cut out, a Grid line was dropped in place. I put it way down from the original spot, so I could use for reference and Object content.

While doing all this Cutting Pasting and Moving Tiles and Mountains around, I downloaded MSGSapper's latest Asset creations. Came out to be about 300 Assets, doing them about 80 a piece, per download session, and DBR to make sure my Database was up to snuff with the new items. Believe it or not only one Asset was faulty with missing Sound, rather than fool with it, I just deleted it.

Bob has made a lot of Assets for us. Thank you Sir.

Back of Mountain has been smoothed and extended out from original position.

Right side of Harbor has been pushed to right for expansion.

Over to the upper middle, I smoothed out the Mountains on that back corner.

Its a mess over here, things all chopped up, but I promise it will come out, just takes time.

Lot more moving and shaking, cutting and filling. If you take a look in the back, you'll see the mountains have been feathered out from the Cut down look.

That little Island to the right, picked him up and moved him down and to the right a bit. I needed more room for all the Pier Tracks for Shipping.

Now this side was significant, watching some Y Tube Videos of old Pier Operations, I realized where the land meets the Harbor, it was way to low, only a foot above the water. And when I put the Dry-docks in place something looked out of kilter, but I didn't put my finger on it till I saw that Video late last night.

Now looking at this side over here before the old Curve, I tried to drop my water depth, but found out the water on this side was to shallow, and would a tremendous amount of cut and fill in. So I thought about it for minute, decided, small area, raise the ground up from 1 to 4 feet, and it worked perfectly.

When I came to side of River here flowing into the Harbor, the Rails move up 2-5 feet, so the height change ended up with just slight adjustment to Tracks on this side.

While I look at the picture, thought occurs to me, I need put some more tiles on the right edge to avoid a drop off look. Easy peezy!

Now on the other end of the Dock, this is cut up Inter-model Yard, lots of changes here:

Awe that Turntable, 1st thing I get track's laid out over here, that Turntable is going to be yanked. It needs a lot of Breathing space for the several Tracks leading into it. It will go in somewhere, but that will be at the end of Harbor Upgrade is nearing completion where I see that there's a goodly amount of ample space for Engine Operations Etc.

I have a lot more pictures to show continued progress.

Thank you for stopping by!

The Train Maya: Mexico's ambitious new tourism mega project​

3rd January 2024, 09:11 PST

By Jessica Vincent Features correspondent
dpa picture alliance/Alamy View of Tren Maya's construction in Mexico

(Credit: Dpa picture alliance/Alamy)
It's been dubbed "the greatest construction project in the world", and will usher in a new way for travelers to experience Mexico's ancient Maya sites. So why is it so controversial?

I first visited Tulum Pueblo as a backpacker in 2017. Located in Mexico's south-eastern Yucatán Peninsula, the beach town is famed for its turquoise waters, eco-boutique hotels and clifftop Maya ruins. It is known as something of a green alternative to the skyscraper resorts of Cancún and Playa del Carmen to the north, and I spent the week doing beach yoga, turtle-spotting in the Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve, and biking along hot, dusty paths to jungle-clad cenotes believed by the ancient Maya to be portals to the underworld.

Since my visit, tourism in Tulum has boomed. What was once a strip of wild beach scattered with palm leaf-roofed meditation retreats is now one of Mexico's most popular tourist destinations. In 2022, Tulum Ruins – one of the last cities inhabited by the Maya before the Spanish conquest in 1526, and the only one built overlooking the sea – received more than 1.3 million visits. That same year, the number of July and August visitors to Yucatán's largest international airport, Cancún, were up by nearly four million compared to pre-pandemic numbers.

In response to the area's staggering growth, Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador ordered the military to build a new international airport in Tulum at breakneck speed. In December 2023, less than two years after construction began, Obrador inaugurated the airport with its first three inbound flights. While the new airport currently only receives domestic travelers, international flights are expected to begin in March 2024.

Joseph Sohm/Getty Images Tulum is the only ancient Maya site built overlooking the sea (Credit: Joseph Sohm/Getty Images)
Joseph Sohm/Getty Images
Tulum is the only ancient Maya site built overlooking the sea (Credit: Joseph Sohm/Getty Images)
On 15 December 2023, Obrador joined the inaugural journey from San Francisco de Campeche to Cancún aboard the new Tren Maya (Maya Train), a 1,500km rail route that, when complete, will stretch from near the Unesco-inscribed archaeological site of Palenque in the state of Chiapas to the city of Chetumal on the border with Belize. The train's route is currently split into seven sections, which will be opening in stages. Sections one through four, which run 892km north-east from Palenque to Cancún, opened in December; while sections five through seven, which connect to the new Tulum airport and end at the city of Escárcega, are scheduled to open in February 2024.

Once fully operational, the Tren Maya is expected to run every two hours, offering a more reliable and comfortable way for travelers to see the Yucatan Peninsula than buses or colectivos (shared taxis), the main mode of public transport in south-eastern Mexico until now. The train also makes it easier to plan multi-day itineraries to some of the region's harder-to-reach highlights, including Calakmul, Mexico's largest protected forest, and spectacular Maya ruins like Uxmal, Palenque and Campeche, which have received a surge of interest since the discovery of the lost Maya city of Ocomtún in 2023. Historical cities like Merida and Izamal, home to beautifully preserved colonial architecture and ancient Maya dishes like poc chuc (grilled pork) and cochinita pibil (pulled pork shoulder), will also be along the route. Ticket prices range from 431.50 pesos (£19.95) to 1,862 pesos (£86.10) depending on the length of the journey and class.

But as a press release stated following the inauguration of the train's first sections, the line isn't just hoping to boost tourism, but also "[generate] economic opportunities for communities that have until now been marginalized from the benefits of mass tourism".

Click the play button above to see an aerial view of the temples at Palenque (Credit: Human/Foundation Good Planet/Getty Images)
Between the Tren Maya, Tulum's new airport, the construction of an oil refinery in Tabasco and the creation of a coast-to-coast freight line said to rival that of the Panama Canal, the Mexican government will be creating hundreds of thousands of jobs in one of the country's poorest regions. In addition to tourists, the Tren Maya will also carry cargo and commuters, facilitating trade and better connectivity across the peninsula.

"For a majority of the long-ignored people in Mexico's south, the train is indeed not just a train. It's a mega project of hope," wrote Étienne von Bertrab, who has been researching the proposed Tren Maya since 2020 and is working on a book about it.

But for all its proposed touristic and economic benefits, the Tren Maya has received a lot of criticism. Selvame del Tren – a campaign by environmental activists, cave divers and archaeologists to halt the project – says the rail route is destroying the Yucatán's fragile ecosystem and endangering already at-risk animals like jaguars, spider monkeys and the 398 species of birds that live in the Yucatán jungle. In The Guardian, Sara López González, a member of the Regional Indigenous and Popular Council, even went as far as to call the Tren Maya a "mega project of death" and "ecocide".

"The train runs through the jungle, filling cenotes (sinkhole lakes) and underground rivers with concrete, without any studies," said Selvame del Tren in an official statement. "We are not against progress. On the contrary, we consider development in the Peninsula as a great opportunity for social justice, economic reactivation and infrastructure improvement, but we seek to do it with full respect for the environment."

Click the play button above to see an aerial view of the train's construction through the Yucatán jungle (Credit: American Wildlife/Getty Images)
When I arrived in the Yucatán in November, just weeks before the opening of the Tren Maya, the first thing I saw was a floor-to-ceiling image of an ultramodern white, teal and gold train speeding through a jungle. A strange cross between an Indiana Jones film poster and a commuter advert, the image also showed a dazzling Maya temple rising from the tree canopy, with the hashtag #TodosSomosTrenMaya (We're All the Maya Train) above it. I'd come to walk the Camino del Mayab – a new long-distance trail for hikers and bikers to explore Yucatán's cenotes, archaeological sites and Maya villages with minimum environmental impact – and hadn't planned to stick around for the train's opening. But the poster got me thinking: what did Mexicans think of their newest train line?

Others, however, were deeply concerned about the effects on the environment and the disregard for Indigenous communities whose land had been bulldozed to make way for the train. In the Maya villages I walked through on the Camino del Mayab, many were mistrustful of the Tren Maya project, citing instances of families losing their land for lack of appropriate legal documents or being tricked into selling their properties for less than their worth.

"Not only has the train been built over cenotes, which could collapse at any time, it's also displaced many Maya communities," said Paulina Rios, a young marine biologist from Mexico City. "Maya people have had to move from their homes, where they have lived for hundreds of generations, for a train that they will probably never be able to ride [because it's too expensive]. It doesn't make any sense."
dpa picture alliance/Alamy Excavators have had to clear parts of the jungle in order to build the Tren Maya (Credit: dpa picture alliance/Alamy)
Dpa picture alliance/Alamy
Excavators have had to clear parts of the jungle in order to build the Tren Maya (Credit: dpa picture alliance/Alamy)

https://www.bbc.com/travel/article/20231105-the-train-dartouste-europes-highest-narrow-gauge-train

A few days ago I think I heard that they had finished the railroad between the Atlantic and the Pacific in Mexico.

Happy Three Kings Day, Blue my friend.

A big hug, Javier

gif-feliz-dia-de-reyes-magos-25-12-23-5-6.gif

A Blessed Sunday to all,

Mother Nature is on a little rampage, but this is typical for January thru March, our second Week of Winter. Temps down to 42. Doesn't bother me, I hate Summer heat. While others love it. LOL

So today just sharing a little of this and that.

Alright this is from last year, I always getting ideas and fooling around with Merges of small Routes to create a certain Vision I have, a Scrapbook collection to form a Route.

In this particular one, I had Route that was in need of nice Rail car Yard, I knew I had some Scrap ones around. This abut nice, needed some cut down for Storage Tracks, my Ancient GPU NVIDIA 1080 GTI is come up on Six Years old, in computer terms 3 yrs is Dinosaur, and so it guess its a Relic!

This is the Layout it will merge with. I need to remember to change the label on my pics with the name of things.

Yard is merged no issues, now Surgery begins for modifications. There is something like 35-50 Tracks here.

From what I can tell by past experience, I good for about 15 Tracks going across.

The other part of this there is a monstrous Turntable and Engine Burn, I will find a much smaller Turntable to slide and replace the behemoth!

Of course these approach tracks need trimming too.

On the right side of the Quadrant are Car Repair shops, I'll remove about 1/3 or so of them.

Ok major Surgery going on here, I put in Buildings and bring the hills over to fill in too.

This is in the Rail Yard on far left lower side, I don't know what happened to these Tracks, but they need some relocating, they are out of Whack. Straight pass tracks are fine. As you can see we have a Red Circle too, meaning the Rail is kinked to much and the Asset doesn't like the constriction. Dr Blue will handle Track Surgery and make it all better.

In other News Morristown RR Harbor re-due is coming along nicely, with exception, I found out, and to my forgetfulness in the Merge Cut and Paste Mode, I know better than to merge Pieces of Tile or Small Routes with extra layers, Beyond Route-Layer and Session-Layer!

I started getting Errors with Parent Tracks not found, and all of sudden after Merging a few times, I realized what I did. I have to take my Pier Facility out of Temp-Lock Layer I used to stop the Asset from moving when I add other Scenery items to it.

Fortunately I keep 6-10 copies of my Routes in succession as I save each hours worth of work per Save. I knew pretty much it was 3-5 Versions back, since I had spent Fri and Sat evenings working on the Harbor area.

So I went back and found the Route version where I had still used Temp-Lock Layer. Deleted all my new copies, about 4 of them.

Here is the MSG you do not want to see when your doing Merges.

; <NULL> : Layer edit lock taken, beginning validation pass.
! <NULL> : Warning: Parent track not found for trackside object 'Trackmark 2288078'.
! <NULL> : Warning: Parent track not found for trackside object 'Pier 1'.
! <NULL> : Warning: Parent track not found for trackside object 'Pier 2'.
! <NULL> : Warning: Parent track not found for trackside object 'Pier 3'.
! <NULL> : Warning: Parent track not found for trackside object 'Pier 4'.
! <NULL> : Warning: Parent track not found for trackside object 'Pier 5'.
! <NULL> : Warning: Parent track not found for trackside object 'Pier 6'.

; <NULL> : Validation step complete, beginning merge.
Now depending on which way you want to do it:

Physically go and remove these junctions in Surveyor, rebuild them? Or

and try again,

NO because it doesn't always work out. Especially if it Track involved.

Better way, go back find your saved Version with extra Layer and, get everything moved off that layer back to Route-Layer. Now we have just Route Layer and Session Layer. Now there shouldn't be any more Errors when you do your next merges.

Once your Merges are complete, go back, make the layer you need, assign your work area Assets to the that Layer.

Bottom line here, Merges do not like extra layers. (Ques or Comments always appreciated.)

Abandoned railroad bridge Providence, RI

====
Utah Desert: Green River Sub & Sunnyside Branch (4K) | UP, BNSF, Amtrak | Oct. 2023

====

"Bay Colony funeral train" & more on the Watuppa Branch - 12/29/20239:21 / 17:47

====
How Railroad Crossings Work Better Vision

====
East Palestine Train Derailment Explained

====CAUGHT On Camera - HUGE TRAIN WRECK In St Louis

That'll do for today.

Good Day all,

Blues in the News:

Found some Routes that peaked my curiosity, one of them, Sherman Hill, thought I had this one, I have a lot of Routes. Another one by Approach Medium, terrific Asset and Route Designer.

And of course, I had to get rid of some Routes which would not let clear Faulty or Missing Assets, after 5 Tries. And in some cases the Config.Txt says there not in there, but listing Dependencies, they show missing. Doesn't happen all the time, every so often. Mind you, I do DBR runs every other day when I am modifying a Route with lots of Saves.

For example, on the Harbor Route upgrade, I have 254 Revisions. These can be anywhere from 30Mins to an hour or more. Why do I save so often, Trainz has proved to me over the years, I can't trust it, when something goes really haywire, and your Route gets Corrupted you'll not be happy if you lost months or years of hard work.

Always keep multiple backups of Routes you care about.

In this last week, I had some merge issues, which I had to go from Revision 232 back to 186, to fix a merge go wrong, with missing parent Tracks!

If you have ever worked in Databases for Business, and seen what can go really wrong, with lack of Backups and/or Garbage in Garbage, it can be a nightmare of untold proportions. So Trainz is not unique or anything else that use Database to run, it is all relative in Scope.

Bayonne & Red Bank
<kuid2:39134:100275:2> Interlocking Gate Demo (shows how to protect Remote Diamond setup)
<kuid2:109664:600023:2> North Carolina Transportation Museum (TRS2019) by Approach Medium
JR Asset Showcase
Sherman Hill 2.1- (crowd favorite better have good Weight to Axle Horsepower)

Downloaded MSGSappers latest Assets

Frank Dean

Putting in Signals, want to see what colors they display, especially invisible ones. Etc, this is Map view, or you can zoom up from your Route, but hitting Crtl+M is much quicker. When I get a new Route or working on one, adjusting, deleting Signals, this is what I use, I also check Spacing of Signals, more space apart is better depending on what your trying to accomplish.

What caused this Trainz Quake, probably Blue do some merging, it's very common when trainz has a hard time lining up merge points. Quick to fix, just do elevation check, and set the elevation. One pass of the mouse it is level. Textures may need some fill.

Running a long distance need the tracks somewhat straight or lined up, use your built in Tape Measure in Trainz Toolbar. Especially if your Grid-lines are covered in Texture color.

These Track curves are out of whack, the Room is here to make better ingress/egress so this will get a Redo to ease out those tight Junction ends.

Roller Coaster downhill, I think the grade % was 17% uh this won't do well pulling up or down this wild downhill grade!

In this Picture, I need to realign all these buildings. My assumption, the author did a quick placement, since there was a lot of Assets to lay out along the Route.

Note: They don't all need to be a Straight line, some symmetry would improve the look here.

Oh my, I think we need some track alignment and straightening. My bet there has been Speed Reduction and Grade is off the chart.

Looks like it starts with Transition phase here between Hill area and lowlands ahead, looks to be about 30-40 drop. probably going need a distance of two Tiles
to raise the lowlands up for this transition point.

Extreme drops of elevation the Road can't adjust without a lot of place Staples.

That'll do for today.

Good Morning and a Blessed Sunday to all Members,

It has been busy week, with doing an Extended DBR, holding down Ctrl Key + DBR Rebuild. I should be doing this once a month?

Reasons: I do a lot of Saving when I work on Routes, currently on my Harbor Merge with Morristown and Jersey Rts, I have 149 Saves, now bear in mind, I don't keep 149 Routes, only about 1 out of every 20 in case really in case I muck something up.

Also for instance, I just did 350 or more Asset Version Updates from Authors who made improvements/fixes on older Assets Etc.

I download several Routes and Delete several Routes in my Installation Directory.

And there is that nice little Faulty Asset issues we all face, yesterday I gave the boot to 11 Faulty assets, small number but if put all this different pieces together, the DBR is going to get Sloppy and Slow. And possibly, most likely cause issues and generate even more errors. Bottom line, Good Housekeeping is must for Trainz else face the consequences of your inaction/follow-up.

After doing the Extended DBR I came up with 20 some missing assets or Faulty Assets, some where simple download and re save the affected Route. Ezzy Pezzy. Well worth the 2.5 Hours it took to run this special DBR

==========

As you can see Trainz was running off the Rails with Error Message, had to stop what I was doing on Route here and fix the Error.

Yesterday, actually the last 3 days I kept seeing a message popup Ive never seen before. Did a search, found the answer, implemented the fix, Voila no more Popup for now.

Goto Forum link, read and execute the fix. Time to complete 10 mins including reboot of Trainz only.

===========

1/14/23 Today at 12:52 AM New #137 (Blues Comment, this Author just had a Blowout of redone and\or new Assets)

New release of an update of old objects related to the wood industry, with a new kuid2.

Third delivery, now available on DLS.

Wood industry and derivatives. 3 version (Wood.I3). Build 4.5

Blue likes these Wood Assets, lots of things here to dress up your Route, and should go without saying. Take care of our Asset Makers.
====================
Tonight's Pics little of this and that:

I thought this was phenomenal, picture of Chilean Desert. Would be cool if I could draw these in Trainz. I am keeping it for reference, thinking using Arizona natural Colors would work. Goes in my Bucket list for now, I playing on 7 way merge in Harbor Project.

I messed up, forgot while I was checking Layers and merging some, to put the highlight back on Route Layer, it would have wiped out a full days of work on me placing new Tracks and Assets in the Harbor area. Only reason I caught this, I went to start editing in Surveyor, and my newly place assets where gone. What the heck.

I need to slap myself, go stand in the corner with Duntz hat for while. EEK. OK I over it now.

Did a simple merge of Session Layer to Route_Layer, Trainz forgave me. Now I can continue my work.

Latest photos of newly laid harbor area, I Light House, I am not sure I like this, I might change it, not quite feeling it. You see a new Atomic Power Plant in the back here.

Some Tankers and Cargo Ships with Containers unloading, lot of this Harbor is not developed yet. Just taking my time to decorate and see what I like.

Mountains in the Back had to be redrawn and populated with Trees, do to my earlier miss up with cutting and pasting that caused Artifacts and mislabeled Assets. I changed the environment to late evening to get a sense of how dark it is around here, and what Lighting I can anticipate.

Looking across the bay, better view of newly placed Atomic Energy Plant.

Reset the environment to earlier part of day, better view when modifying the area. I think I will change the water color a bit, and Wave effect too. Just general fooling around with what if possibilities.

High up on Snow Covered Mtn here, I do a lot of different views to see how it looks.

This is much older picture, about 2-3 weeks when I just hacked out 17 Tiles to get rid of corrupted Assets and hidden Artifacts in one fell swoop. It worked, now everything accounted for. A loss of 2 weeks of work, and some good lessons on what items, including Turntables not to move around. Etc. (no swear words where used during this exercise.)

Nice early evening overhead view of Facilities, definitely need more Flood lighting in several areas here. The Floods you do see are in Enter Model Yard only. Now with that said, I plan on not putting in more Flood Lights till I see what it looks like with more Assets added. Some of them will have Lighting already made for individual Assets.

This was month older, chopped down effect, in front facing Hardscape, its OK, nothing really wrong with this style of doing things, it just didn't work for me. I needed to make dramatic change and give the Front side a smoother contour of sort. Plus there is always a change Trainz Quake. LOL.

Pretty tight back here. This is Original Picture of Route the way it looked.

Off to Church now.

That'll do it for today, thanks for dropping by.

Good Evening all,

Working on my Harbor Merge, sent a train over to check out building placement and service Tracks, Spurs and Signals. Consist is Grain Hoppers and Oil Tankers for now.

Its early in the morning, we scrapped up so ole Switchers to pull our Consist. Sun is just starting to peek up.

Lined and ready to head out to our newly acquired Short Line.

CB OF lEAD switcher. This is a really nice looking interior too!

Notch 4.

Looking at Smelter, which I decided is not going to set here.

Top view of Yard as we pass thru. The other Shortline Facility is way over on the other side across from here.

Another mile out and we'll be clear of this Harbor.

CSX I031 lead locomotive after hitting a Cement truck.

This poor guy took it on the Nose, going back for repairs. Shame on Cement Truck Driver!

YTube Pics of the week.

Old tracks of the Sunset limited Amtrak train riding on Rail cart - Arizona US. (PART 1)

Tour on my ZORRITO Rail cart from Gillespie Arizona to near Papago Arizona. passing through where the sabotage of the Sunset limited Amtrak train occurred in 1995, the tracks are abandoned and are 70 miles that cross the desert with no communication.

Train on fire in Springfield VA #train #fire #firefighter

Old Colony & Newport Railway Work Train - 1/6/2024

Workin' On The Rock https://youtu.be/ke53Y8AzkeA?si=08WP-ThFxZXI82UR

Erie Lackawanna Pt2 https://youtu.be/aMjEGhbcXLk?si=rIWsOmjDMZICeXnI

Can we build a NEW mainline steam locomotive in the United States? | Restoration Round table

https://youtu.be/lF9-TdDyJIA?si=zLZsu6yVNGsEH1HM

Durango & Silverton Flanger Train https://youtu.be/TK0b9hbqA08?si=ciVW3hDimFue1QZM

The Durango & Silverton ran a flanger train to Cascade and a bit beyond on December 31, 2021.

https://youtu.be/xMRyUSoeA9U?si=HBrQGml6R4P2SJ94

"3:10 to Utica" NYS&W Utica NY https://youtu.be/C2bVzZQ8yrM?si=WqcbMXk0x4HgcLJK

A Day of Unexpected New Year's Eve Rail fanning https://youtu.be/_qHv3HMNm7M?si=ZumR7hc8qnMO7Nho

A Day on The Southern Pacific's Suisun Bridge - March 14, 1994 4K

https://youtu.be/1eDQCChmi9k?si=aVtCL_nvV1bGLNY

Two SD40's on CSX L010 - Norwood, MA - 1/3/2024 https://youtu.be/CD3cRd87Xjc?si=vL1BNXg8MseQRn26

An unusual pair of SD40's have been assigned to CSX L010 recently so I managed to get them in Norwood, MA last week. Here they are on their way from Readville to Framingham, MA.

That'll do for now.

Good Morning All,

Looks like we are in for some good Rain, and we have had a very Sunny Dec Jan period with maybe 4 days of Rain. So I welcome the Hawaii River express coming.

In other news, I have been trying to clean any Faulty or missing Assets. Only had 10 this week, do to some small Rte I download for Industrial Views of what to add on my Morristown & Erie Feather River Merge Project.

In this picture of ongoing merge process, I added a single tile, that is small one square industrial Route, I am using to get ideas from. Blue Arrow. And the Blue Square is to show where I added 3 spacer blank tiles for Elevation changes of 40-50 feet difference between the new Merge & existing Route. Probably add more side tiles, 2nd row below later. But this allows me to drop a quick track in place to see if my Spacing is enough for height differences.

Here are the 3 Tiles, ref above, I drop quick track, not much Curves, to see if height changes work. This is Temp, and will be stretched into a Radius Curve later, which allows smaller Grade Change.

In this Photo, Looking overhead, originally this was split ladder Yard with Mainlines running threw it next to Enter Modal Yard, causing crossover chaos. Erased it all, relaid new Mainline, where I wanted it 1st, added some more tiles on left for Expansion, and did major realignment. Plus, not seen here, Waterway is to be widened for larger Container Ship ingress, egress operations.

In this area, I have erased the all the mainlines and yard ladders. Then put in the new mainlines, ankered where I want them, Tracks on right go into the new Merge Route ahead.

Enter Model Yard has been moved over to blank tiles, as River is widened and all this will realigned into the new area I have designated for operations.

This is another Overhead shot, and I use this a lot to get different perspective of how the Rails and surrounding area look.

You'll be surprised at how much different it looks from up here, and the mistakes you find versus flat land viewing aspect. It really helps me to streamline and find duplication's of items, tracks that may not be needed, or need to be modified direction-ally.

Ii think I was checking out LOD here and Density of Trees, etc, for reduction. I try to make sure less is more for my aging GPU. 6yrs old now.

In second shot above, I looking to reduce the amount of houses, and add more open area.

th wise,

Back to overhead view, of the River Waterway, I am looking to expand the Water wise, and I think I put in Bridge that raise up for ships to clear, as they come into Dock areas.

Assets strewn all over the place, as major realignment of trackage and Proper Asset Placement, including Rail Car clearance is a must here. Texture most likely will be sparse until, I make test runs of Load/unload ops, Curves work as intended.

-----------------
80 tonner center cab in freight service - Seaview Railroad - Davisville, RI

In this video we follow it around Quonset switching propane cars as well as moving some loaded construction and demolition cars for the Providence & Worcester to pick up.
-----------------
Rainy Day DERAILMENT at Inman Yard
-----------------
Scenic Luxury Train in Utah! (4K) The Rocky Mountaineer | Oct. 2023

-----------------
Pennsylvania Trolley Museum Terrible Trolley Restoration Begins!

-----------------
We tour this electric trolley car and restoration museum

-----------------
Passengers, Parcels and Freight - The Yorkshire Dales Model Railway

-----------------
Abandoned railroad being restored - CNZR Armory Branch - 1/2024

https://youtu.be/5bL56ueD5Jo?si=x2VlyJrSToCVAzn_
-----------------
Union Pacific delivers 2 hoppers to Therm-O-Rock in Chandler AZ

https://youtu.be/ijkz272j9ww?si=TH3YthnVF0Eau5ou

Blue likes this stuff, gives good idea for Spur ops.
-----------------
Union Pacific Local Switching on the Brentwood Industrial Lead!!

https://youtu.be/zWexbg5anAs?si=l830CIn7U5PxsT9J
-----------------
Train Passes On Hill & This Happens! Luck, Steel Coils, Trains With DPUs & 1+% Slope

https://youtu.be/BFCoU68brmY?si=Cpk5DdzAEK3kqaht
Big Norfolk Southern Train Going Down A Steep Grade With A DPU.
-----------------
RR Switching On Steepest Railroad Spurs Ever! Shoving Boxcars Up Hill On Tight Curve!
https://youtu.be/w12oaZ2LN-Q?si=ALQ23Yf_QzLTJiGb
------------------
Thank you for dropping buy

Good Morning All,

Very Rainy few days, but grateful for some very much needed Rain, just not all at one time. However if nothing else, we need to learn about mitigating some of the runoff by constructing better drainage, we still have not learned, or as some say, it never rains in California.

Prayers go out to those who have had damage etc.

Staggering rainfall totals are coming in from the National Weather Service, and there's plenty more rain on the way. These are two-day totals:

-Topanga Canyon: 9.94 inches

-Stunt Ranch: 9.86 inches

-Sepulveda Canyon: 9.57 inches

-Woodland Hills: 9.29 inches

-Bel Air: 9.25 inches

This week Blue and Neighbors got up in their trees and cut a lot of dead and over growth last 2 weeks. We think it helped, granted there was quite a lot of Tree Companies out in our area removing, trimming etc, that needed to be done. I think it made a difference.

Over to Trainz, been busy trying to get the Electrified section Morris Rte to the right height with respect to Trolley Poles. EEk!

Faulty Stuff, cleared up, Zero in CM, Downloaded latest SAP Assets, he is amazing.

and Frank Dean

Please remember these folks and many others try really hard to make nice things for us. Respect goes a long way!

Tonight's Pics:

This merging my Layers including Session layer, before adding a 7th small merge, removing Turntables which was never an issue before, but now is! Probably to do with Version updates over the last year, both Assets and Train OS Version. Just is what it is.

Testing the Route for Grade%, Signals, and of course, I need to fix or replace these poor see thru Trees. LOL.

Parting of the water at this Swim site, I raised the water level and widened the River access, need to bring in some Soil and Rock here.

Getting ready to yank my Turntables too. For the new folks, need to watch this process window, if it shows Missing Parent Track etc Warnings, you probably made some changes, like cutting and pasting areas etc, and your disk drive didn't catch up in Read Writes. In some cases the only way to fix these errors, was delete some tiles, and/or do Extended DBR repair using Ctrl key when you start a DBR. It takes a long time for Extended DBR, for me with 700K assets, 3-4 hours sometimes, your mileage will very. One thing, make sure you have have Route Backups made, backup Spare Drive, Cloud whatever works for you. IT pays off in Spades later if you get in a jam. I keep 6-12 copies of Backups in Spare Drives, Cloud combined.

Yes I know it is a pain, but think of all the Hours, late nights you used to build, change your Assets, Routes.

One of my favorite Cabooses, actually got to ride one of these up in Sacramento, long, long time ago. Melancholy if you know what I mean.

After a Merge is successful, need to check Route Layers and merge the Route names together, then I look over the Route,, and Save a copy, go back and merge my Session Layer.

With that said, once I have finished my final Route to the Project, and decide no other Mergers are needed, or can be added, then I will save another copy, and make some new Layers for anchoring Buildings, varied Assets in high density areas. So I can move add other assets without messing up the location of Assets that are set in place.

Relay Operation, Tracks and Texture Widening the River Etc. Blue just making improvements. Far from finished.

Weed abatement came thru a few weeks ago, Track looks nice for now, but they'll be back growing when Summer shows up.

I ripped out some Rail Bridges down stream so Big Container Ships could bring in their loads to new Enter Model facility.

Blues YTube pics of the week.
==========================
Eleventh Westbound Winter Park Express of 2024 departs Winter Park Resort, CO (WPR)

CTV vlog 34 a trip from Moore Park to Randwick light rail

Broadway Subway Construction December 2023

Center cab switcher locomotive pulls massive train! - Seaview Railroad

(Blue likes Center Cabs)
Construction of a new bridge on the RRVT, from start to finish.

First time taking cars over the long bridge

https://youtu.be/iWJhwAY1AbI?si=kKR6kPWYqjUzjpaI (BLue ideas for your Route)
Alco T6s #2 - Arkansas & Missouri Railroad https://youtu.be/MLCWC8NiaE4?si=9SYu9Ip1C_TzvP4P (Blue for my Alco Friends)
Former AVR GP11 Switching Stone Cars on DCR In Dagsboro
https://youtu.be/gu-YeRPH3L4?si=KqbEtEzDAkK9bLAM

(Author) As y'all well know, I'm obsessed with the Carload Express GP11s, having grown up with them and their RS5Ts on the AVR-3 run to Washington. The roster of 8 units is currently reduced to four, with three units sold to industrial/switching concerns and one unit to a short line. I spent a year figuring out how to see the closest unit to me, former AVR 2008, in operation at the H&K Materials transload on the Delmarva Central.
Reading and Northern WCGS: A Winter Chase of the Good Springer

https://youtu.be/a6XVOU2_2qE?si=ZPVuST8C-ruYDN5A
Derelict locomotive saved! - Mass Coastal FL9 Update 1/2024

https://youtu.be/eaHRavSApSo?si=FkWO2DDKbRUH4FCc (Blue follows Mass Coastal RR, because they are bringing back Rail Operations and it is working)

Blue has to run, caught a Rat in my Garage, and there might be more, due to the Weather, Mr's Blue definitely let me know her displeasure. So Blue is on the hunt. I don't want to be in the Doghouse if you know what I mean.

Forgot to drop in some of my friend Frank Dean's Wood Items etc, well he has a lot of Items. Go Shopping...Something for everyone.

Thank you for dropping buy.

Last edited:
Great stuff as always, Blue! Whod'a thunk they would be building a new bridge with wood these days. As I recall the end of the song, it goes something like this:
"It never rains in California,
but girl, don't they warn ya

It pours, man it pours!" ;)

Prayers for you and your family, friends, neighbors and everyone else down there!

Great stuff as always, Blue! Whod'a thunk they would be building a new bridge with wood these days. As I recall the end of the song, it goes something like this:
"It never rains in California,
but girl, don't they warn ya

It pours, man it pours!" ;)

Prayers for you and your family, friends, neighbors and everyone else down there!
Ally oop Brother, :)I would be using some Steel, or Aluminum still use some Wood, for Ride Comfort.

But hey, I have worked with many materials, and still in my Elder age, love the Smell of Fresh cut Wood. Everything has it's place. :cool:

Back