Snow High Valley Distr Ctr (High Resolution 950x532) Approx

Hi Blue,
Its been awhile since I was last here. Was pretty busy with real life things.
Sorry to hear about the passing of your friend, never easy especially if you are close to them. May he rest in peace.

Cheers

Hi Blue,
Its been awhile since I was last here. Was pretty busy with real life things.
Sorry to hear about the passing of your friend, never easy especially if you are close to them. May he rest in peace.

Cheers
Good Evening all,

Thank you for the kind comments, Death is never easy to deal with, especially if it Cancer related. It tends make things come into sharp focus. Health is more important to me, than anything else, and I strive to keep as Healthy as is possible.

Other family matters and concerns have kept me tied up, as well, some needed repairs on the House. Maintenance waits for no one, and time is not your friend.

Its good to finally see our Forum back online.

Tonight's Pictures some of Laurel Line by Black Diamond, and another Route Project intend to work on, is NY Utica Branch line.

==============================================================================
Weird Train Splits The Buildings! Sperry Rail Doodle Bug, Railroad Diamond Rare Shot, CSX Loco Move

Railroad Diamond At 4 Track Railroad Crossing Rare Angle! Odd Train Goes Between Buildings Following High Rail Truck, Sperry Rail Train Passes Norfolk Southern Train, Penn Central Locomotive Leads Grain Train Passing RR Crossing, CSX Power Move & More! These trains are in Muncie, Indiana. Muncie Fire Department Has An Abandoned Railroad Siding Behind It.
What caused the East Palestine Derailment?
Newport & Narragansett Bay dinner train with Budd RDC-3 - 8/2023

In this video we follow the NNB dinner train with recent addition RDC-3. While the budd car has been on the island for years it is now being used on the rear of the dinner train. Power is currently NNB 43, a 44 tonner that is soon to be replaced by a GE 80 Tonner once that arrives on the property
What we plan to do with the 62

I had to change the title since so many of you think we are building a two foot gauge Berkshire. Sorry to mislead. I was simply saying that in outward appearance it may look similar to one but it will always be an 0-4-0.
What SHUT DOWN Norfolk Southern?

Norfolk Southern says it was hit by a system outage on Monday, August 28th, 2023. This caused a variety of issues on its network and trains were ultimately ordered to stop. But what caused all this?
Quick Local Work Along the Wonalancet Runner

CSX Y136, the Kenmore Local, shoves up the Wonalancet Runner and along an industrial spur to grab a tank car from Nexeo Solutions, a chemical company in Tonawanda, NY! After making the quick pick-up, it was back to Wonalancet for the local before shoving up another industrial to work another chemical company!
Steam Train Pulls Revenue Freight in 2023 WITH SWITCHING https://youtu.be/sh0Dg5H5fs0?si=zX6XoHiQyxk9IBsh
Running Lebanon to Lyons Oregon
RARE Street Running Railroad Diamond With Phosphate Train, Amtrak Train In Lakeland Both Sides & CSX

https://youtu.be/IM_RfdT4DFQ?si=q8pwK4BbnEA_05XY

Railroad Diamond In Middle Of Highway, CSX Freight Train In Lakeland Florida & Both Sides Of Amtrak Train At The Train Station. Phosphate train is in Mulberry, Florida
Southern Pacific Slab Train job 1988 https://youtu.be/Jxsw7zErbYw?si=uVN7upJy9HZlFaVI

SP Slab Train at Long Beach and Cal Nava, Oct. 8,1988. In the background a view of the soon to be dismantled Gerald Desmond bridge.
Weird Excavator Train, Train Exits RR Interchange, Norfolk Southern Train With DPU On CSX In Ohio

https://youtu.be/aM6VaZquKDA?si=TI5OCI18b1F_6PfL

Remote Control Excavation Train With One Man Crew, BIG Trains With DPUs & Norfolk Southern Trains Using CSX Tracks. Train Goes Through Railroad Interchange & Exits CSX Tracks To Get Back On Norfolk Southern Tracks. DPUs Working Hard And Putting Out The Heat. These Trains Are In Ohio On Ex Baltimore And Ohio Railroad Tracks.
Conductor Leaves Train to Play With Kids! https://youtu.be/a_3rlUL5-W0?si=xE4na5XblSkZBR1R

At about 3:30 the conductor runs over to see the kids and dad before running back to the train. I was set up across the street expecting to just video the train coming through town without stopping. What a great surprise this was.
The awesome and friendly crew of the Carolina Coastal Railway pause from their work schedule to play with some interested kids near the railroad.
CLNA-120 runs weekdays to Chocowinity to the Norfolk Southern Yard, and then returns back to Wilson.
All right Folks, I think this due for now.

Thank you for dropping by.

Good Day all,

Well it has been a very busy Sept for sure, I had a bunch of things around the house that needed quick attention, unfortunately one of them was some kind of Software update that broken one of my Routers. And to add insult on injury, I find out my main Router is Outdated and and according to our ISP, is Obsolete.

There is more to this story, but we'll leave it that! 2 Weeks later after going thru Trial and error, finally got a new Router from my ISP and Mesh Router that has excellent coverage. Humm? Things are looking better.

Had some family issues to deal with too. They are not over yet, will just have to see how it all works out.

As per Trainz, been doing just a little bit here and there when time allows.

This is an Island of Portagul, and I still working on, but not now, as I working with BDW on Laurel Line.

One of the hardest things with this Island was redoing all the grades to not over 5% from a high of 17.5% Grades. Still WIP.

The other difficult thing was dealing with Volcanic Rock representation, I finally got the hang of it, because if you wanted to cover up changes in track locations, it was most necessary to make the Ground look similar to what you see in the picture, I spent countless hours learning by doing.

Over view of the island, there is fairly good area to work with.

This is the famous Little Piece of Europe? And I had to reduce some of 100's of graphics splines etc too allow it playable with my very old Graphics Card. I'm way overdo on replacing my laptop, I think it is 6-7 yrs old now. And the Graphics as well as CPU are showing their age.

More of the same in surveyor mode, tons of Splines,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ATTENTION RAILFANS! YOU NEED TO SEE THESE TRAINS | Rail RECAP #133
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MLW RS23 Smoking and Working on the Minnesota Commercial -MNNR 80-

One of the Minnesota Commercial's rarer units is their MLW RS23 which was built back in 1959. This little switcher now spends most of is time working CTM in Fridley, and puts on a nice smoke show when it throttles up. The former Canadian Pacific unit is one of the few RS23s that are still around, and in daily service.
Alberta Central Railway, Rare 1913 snowplow and 1959 MLW RS23 in action with cab views

I was invited to visit the Alberta Central Railway Museum near Wetaskiwin Alberta to film a 1913 Canadian Pacific snowplow move some snow with their MLW RS23 locomotive.
Early Railroads of Northwest Washington

A history of railroads around Bellingham Bay, Washington State.
The Wreck of the Old 97 - History and Music Video
HISTORY AND MUSIC! The Wreck of the Old 97 is one of the most famous train songs of all time, and the first song to sell one million copies in the US. The ballad details the events leading to the 1903 crash of the Southern Railway fast mail train. Check out the history of the wreck, the song it inspired, and hear our brand new version of The Wreck of the Old 97.
General Motor's F Series of Locomotives, 1939 to 1960, Documentary.

https://youtu.be/OYpsUgTOiKI?si=mq9gnruRfo565jF1 The history of one of the best known American locomotives.
Fairbanks Morse On Freight in '98! https://youtu.be/LbClysbgpVU?si=h3G-Iis1DJP7pCpR

Bluegrass Railroad Museum Fairbanks Morse H12-44 1849 is on loan to the Lexington & Ohio Railway on this date January 16, 1998. Here it is seen at Pisgah Station and Elkchester east of Versailles, Kentucky. Today the former US Army locomotive resides at the museum in Versailles and as of 2018, not in operation.
1993_09_18 CNW 7009 UP Arcadia to Dunlap IA SD45 Fog https://youtu.be/vFw7pcuMqQE?si=3tCcRWZxVELhgKSA
It's a foggy start to the day as we see an eastbound piggyback near Maple River IA. Next is a mixed freight with a Santa Fe Kodachrome unit heading east through the big cut at Arcadia IA. Later another piggyback heads east through the big cut. CNW 7009, the SD50 preserved at the Illinois Railway Museum, takes piggybacks westbound through the cut. West of Vail IA we have a lone SD40-2 with a string of open hoppers , an eastbound coal train with a C40-8 and an SD60 and a westbound double stack with Union Pacific power. West of Denison IA we see a westbound piggyback. At the east end of Dunlap siding we see the westbound piggyback again followed by a double stack with a CNW SD50 and SD45. Finally the eastbound piggyback waiting in the siding gets the signal and takes off.
B.R 9F 92134 Rescues The Failed B.R 80136 On The NYMR Annual Gala 23

https://youtu.be/hCbovM6oo9I?si=f4Wmq_Twvb8IGGas

B.R 9F '92134' Comes To The Rescue to retrieve the failed B.R 80136 after the Standard Tank comes to a stand at Moorgates on The North Yorkshire Moors Annual Steam gala. As of the now the reports were of a failed water pump/injector issue and from the information I have it looks like the loco was out of water. which is still TBC and I will update you once the full details are released. Scenes like this are pretty rare and usually happen away from the camera and not in the public gaze, especially considering this all took place in front of a huge gallery at one of the North York Moors most popular spots.
a4 bittern in trouble as it stalls on the tobay express at waterside 14/09/14
https://youtu.be/RLJNhMXHD_A?si=6Quqh16Ls9FzBag3

bittern stalls big time at waterside on the torbay express 14/09/2014 after many attempts to get her train going again she has to admit defeat and wait for g w r 2-8-0t 5239 goliath to come up from paignton to assist her up the hill.
Abandoned boxcar/80 tonner locomotive move - Newport & Narragansett Bay Railroad

https://youtu.be/NYMynpdScXc?si=2CPm4Vjm-xK1FHH8

In this video we see part 2 of the 80 tonner locomotive move (Video: • Long forgotten locomotive saved - 194... ) as well the second video of the formerly abandoned boxcar on Aquidneck Island (Video: • Abandoned boxcar in the woods saved! ... . Both pieces of equipment got brought down the line to Melville, RI, the base of operations for the Newport & Narragansett Bay Railroad. There both pieces will be worked on and the 80 tonner should be back in service soon! Also of note the 80 tonner was placed on the restored section of the Melville passing siding.
The Teardown of the J&LNG 62 Has Begun https://youtu.be/L9JWvVrXN_c?si=lXA0M5uDwE-MXlp7
https://youtu.be/L9JWvVrXN_c?si=MKPRYOcHHHf55O-q

Work begins in earnest on the 62 and an explanation of why we are not longer operating for the public.

J&L Narrow Gauge Railroad, Youngstown, OH www.youngstownsteel.org
Bock Lumber No. 1 Steam Engine Leaving North Judson, Indiana

https://youtu.be/PslbYRfGLiM?si=1T7Vl_EQBzTHOn2T

Howdy, folks! Today, I went to North Judson, Indiana, home of the Hoosier Valley Railroad Museum. Saturdays (and select Sundays), the railroad runs excursions every hour from 10 to 3 Central Time. They have a multi-mile line running through the Indiana countryside (with frequent deer sightings) and culminating with a nice view of the Kankakee River. Rides are just $14. Some of the excursions are pulled by diesels, but others operate under steam power! Here, 1908-built Bock Lumber No. 1 leads the 11:00 excursion out of the station, beginning its first run of the day. Enjoy!
Thank you for dropping buy

Thank you my friends for the kind comments.

Will be taking a little vacation for next week, I'll try and get one more post in before we leave this upcoming weekend.

Could not believe how Hot it was today, nasty summer heat came around, and will be with us for few more days. From 72 degrees up to 96 possibly. Yikes....

Was really enjoying the cool fall weather.

I'm trying learn how this new forum design works. A bit complex for old guy like me.

Good Day,

A Blessed Sunday, This week was brutal with high temps and some Fires breaking out, there is some moisture coming maybe to our Northern Part of California, all depends on Nature. I'm out on Road Trip, get a little respite and quality time with Mr's Blue.

As Trainz, been working on the Signals for Laurel line with the help of Blackdiamond1964, he has been ardently working on trying to get some signals that will both be nice historically and just plain work! We had tried some of Ranger51 Signals but in the End they wouldn't work out for our specific needs.

Tonight will display some of the issues with derailment and invisible Psgr Sta misalignment. Along with some bridge issues.

Bridge break with Track caused this one.

This signal shows yellow, but with this being only Trolley on the line, that is inaccurate, so we have broken tracks further up the line.

And here we go, Invisible Station went out of alignment.

Red Light ahead, means more problems ahead.

Now this is the one thing you see looking.
"Line Terminates or ends" Now we know this Line goes on for miles and miles, so there is an error, or break in the continuity of the Rail Line.

Invisible station went out of alignment, why, who the heck knows, because the asset is to short, so any movement of the track when hooking up to it, will throw it. It has been a pain in my Neck. But will live with it.

And cumming up on Northward and 1/2 up the line, we got derailment again. So what happens not, we need to relink the Rail to some of the Invisible Psgr Stations. and one or two Bridges.

=======================================================================================
Southern Pacific LIVES! EMD SD7 and 9s on the Portland & Western

Unfortunately, a lot of these older EMD units are destined to be scrapped sometime in the near future due to G&W violating EPA rules. What is also very unfortunate is that the G&W stated that none of the units are being sold off or preserved.
=======================================================================================
The Indiana and Ohio RR has big Dash 9 GE power now! Part 1, Part 2

The first scene is on the Midland Sub out in the country at the Gustin - Rider Road crossing. The train is being led by an ex-Union Pacific SD60? and 2 ex-BNSF GE dash 9 locomotives. These ex-BNSF locomotives arrived on the line a few weeks ago and this is my first time catching them.
RED CARPET TREATMENT on the New York Central

Elegance was definitely part of the New York Central Railroad's brand. Its streamlined engines were eye-catching, and the company gave passengers the red carpet treatment!
The First Brush - Beyer, Peacock Diesel Electric Locomotive! Meet 'Fat Alf' Lawrie Goes Loco Ep. 35
Today we return to the Middleton Railway to have a look at one of the most powerful locomotives we've yet featured on the channel.
Southern Railway Still Serves the South

It’s the worst that the railways before all the final huge mergers in the 90’s had such amazing paint schemes as soon as the main mergers completed we lost all the amazing paint schemes from our never forgotten fallen flags
2 Trains Racing/Running Side By Side! RR Maintenance Of Way Equipment Galore & Caboose Leading Train https://youtu.be/HNSm1nRkCIU?si=DtiWxmgvwccv_4P3

Norfolk Southern Train With Railroad Maintenance Of Way Equipment Of All Types Races A CSX Auto Racks Train With DPU Locomotive In The Middle! Boxcars With Roll Up Doors! What Is This Stuff? Defect Detector & Audio At RR Crossing. Caboose With Cool Whistle At Railroad Crossing With Conductor Riding The Platform To Protect The Move. This is some cool stuff son! Another Norfolk Southern inter modal train with double stacks passes a railroad crossing by the abandoned paper mills.
ATSF #347C And WP #913 On The Sacramento Southern https://youtu.be/fe0X6gwWUjM?si=hEFsOui6utiLO4c1

In this video, you will see ATSF #347C and WP #913 lead excursion trains up and down the Sacramento Southern RR
Railroad Signaling Explained: Electric Locks at Hand Throw Switches

https://youtu.be/NUgEGf7zNyI?si=qOjC91Y7K58tCD_l

I covered Power Switch operation and the inner workings of an M-23 power switch machine. In this piece I cover hand throw switches and the two types of electric locks we used in my territory over my career. There are other types but all work on the same principle.
Called "hand throw" because they must be thrown manually, there are a few ways they are protected based on the type of track. There are still many electric locks in service but the "come out" signal is the modern preference where practicable. I will try to put a piece together about those but in my time as a maintainer (when I started these videos) I had none on my territory to shoot! I will try and get a piece done on those s well so stay tuned!
Santa Fe and SP ALCO PAs, EMD E units and F units 4

https://youtu.be/I1qVtpCTOSU?si=XBb8JyofL-SJhsHe

This is one chapter of our great DVD tilted "Diesel Power on the SP". Everything in this video has vanished from the scene or is in a museum. See the way railroading was long ago when things were far more interesting, and a variety of equipment was in everyday use.
Well Folks, I have to get up mighty early for our trip, hope you enjoy tonight's items.

Night all.

Good Day all,

It's been a busy 10 days of much needed vacation with family and friends. Took a trip up to Canada and back on the California Coast. Only downside we caught the Alaskan Rainstorm for 3 some days, it was fun, ducking in and out of Rain Drops, fortunately no Snow.

Now over to trainz, I have been posting a bit on the New Forum trying to learn all the nuances. Way different than any chat forum I have ever used.

Current Projects The Laurel Line, new signals by BDW1964,

Oregon Joint Line TRS 19-04, and BOURNEVILLE TRAMWAY

finally from time to time, I work on DEM-Sao Miguel Azores making changes, fixing track elevation and expanding the RR across this large island.

In real life here is the Wiki for it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/São_Miguel_Island

São Miguel Island (pronounced [ˈsɐ̃w miˈɣɛl]; Portuguese for "Saint Michael"), nicknamed "The Green Island" (Ilha Verde), is the largest and most populous island in the Portuguese archipelago of the Azores. The island covers 760 km2 (290 sq mi) and has around 140,000 inhabitants, with 45,000 people residing in Ponta Delgada, the archipelago's largest city.

Tonight's Pics. Little of this and that:

This island has a lot of untextered areas, which is fine for me, what I found initially was some extreme Grades up to and way over 15%.

Long Bridge to get across a huge canyon area, it would have taken me another 2-3 miles or more of Track to get the Grade reduced, and I tried to do it, but it just did not look right, this was a much cleaner way to fix things.

Solution was to take and make a new Rail Route around the mountains at much reduced Grade 5% or less when possible. As you can see the smoothed areas, I need to re rough them up in some spots to look like Volcano outcroppings from previous explosions millions of years ago.

Long view on the top of the mountains, you can see the distance to make my idea to work.

Coming around a very long steady grade climbing to another Tunnel.

Way below down on the seaward side.

Top of another Mountain we come thru some small rock formations, I not sure how this will look, it is temporary till I get the Tracks the way I want.

Last part of High mountain passage. Train is headed into a short Tunnel and then onto the Mile Lake area over the hill leading into a nice meadow area.
=================================================
What surprises will I find inside the tender?

When restoring a steam locomotive, it is important to look at the state of the tender. all the piping, fittings, pumps and other things need to be inspected and repairs must be made as needed. So is the case with Ossipee Central 662. Here, I go through much of the workings of the tender and empty the coal bunker.
Saluda Grade - The Final Months of America’s Steepest Mainline Route
si=YVejZdLh63BrGG3vIn this video, C. Vision Productions takes you to Norfolk Southern’s famous Saluda Grade in North Carolina, to view trains operating over the astonishing four to five percent grades between Saluda and Melrose. This section of track had the distinction of being the steepest standard-gauge mainline railroad grade in the United States. Trains battled Saluda for 123 years, from 1878 until 2001. Today, the portion of track over the Saluda Grade sits in disuse. Formerly operated by the Southern Railway, this was Norfolk Southern’s “W Line”, between Asheville, North Carolina, and Columbia, South Carolina, via Spartanburg. Videographer Dan Hadley visited Saluda during the final years of operations over this historic stretch of track, allowing you to see what the trains and physical plant looked like shortly before train traffic ceased.
Moving a GIANT Rail car!

Trains can move some pretty heavy cargo and they sometimes use specialized rail cars to get the job done!
Can A Truck Pull A Train? Powerful Trucks & Street Running Train, JawTooth shorts

R 1.0.1 - Portland & Western Railroad - History & Formation

This is a remastered and updated version of my first film on the Portland & Western Railroad. Sit back and enjoy an in-depth look into the fascinating story of how the Portland & Western came to be.
Chasing a REALLY COOL consist on BNSF HDMOGAL https://youtu.be/3XXYLq7YgGI?si=CrZTeGicMJ69KQ9Z

consist BNSF HDMOGAL-28 from east of Glake Yard to Runnells.
Train Derailments and Mistakes Caught On Camera https://youtu.be/1OuZPfLGMaQ?si=pEh4mLzrCY4HGJjH
Ok Folks,

Got some plumbing issues with my outside Drains, the dreaded Tree Root caper. probably have to dig out one of the pipes and add a clean out to it. It's my fault, I saw the Root going under the sidewalk, and should have chopped it out. Time to pay the piper.

Good Day all,

So what does Blue do, when I need a break from large Route or I just need to clear my head for a while. I think some of the most unique Routes are the small ones built in MRR or possibly Diorama style. Strong innovation, from simple to so complex its hard to figure out. Especially Narrow Gauge ones.

When one runs across such routes, they give me perspective on the many interesting ways too create a Railroad in confined spaces.

This one is a bit strange, but I have a feeling it was an idea of sort to see how it would with those type support beams?

Sao_Miguel Island Azores Dem Rte here, this is one of the large wooden bridges I built to get across a deep and quite wide Canyon.

View from the other side, I haven't finished with the Terrain here, I need to deepen it somewhere to show a dry wash pattern, make it look more natural.

After the Wooden bridge, we head upgrade 3.5% slow and steady is the pace, If you look across the upper right, you can see Blue Water reflection Ocean Waters.

Ok, now once your up on the mountain, it is quite ways to Lake inside a ringed by higher mountains. What I did is layout a very long grade 2.5% to 4% or less. That allows me to haul longer trains for both Freight and Passengers. Since this is an Island Tourism is very important to the Locals.

Our grade eases out here, as we take a nice curve and head to Tunnel Access.

This other end of the line that goes up to Mountain Lake. This is an end point for now, that might change, and I might even remove this end of it, depending on how my track laying plans.

Train crosses over from end point Spur, previous picture, onto mainline lower line from train, and then takes a switch and heads up the hill.

Mainline heads up the Coast and comes into an Airport from there, it continues out a few miles and ends for now.

The main thrust of my plans is get the track with adjusted lower grades to Lake and then around the back end of the Mountains to points unknown for now.

If things work out right on my next post, I'll update on Utica RR Project I working on.
====================================================================
Steepest Railroad Grades in the US 3.6%!

The Southern Pacific had the steepest grades out West and crack Passenger Trains as well
Great Small Railroads of the US

We visit ten shortlines with scenes spanning from 1970 to 1998. Two of our visits include cab rides and access in two, truly great shortlines - the A&NR of Texas and CORP in Oregon.
NEW Locomotive for the Minnesota Commercial -Former TTI B36-7!-

The Minnesota Commercial has added a NEW locomotive to their roster; a former Trans Kentucky Transportation Railroad, TTI, B36-7! Still in TTI blue and white, this locomotive adds some nice variety to the railroads roster.
NS Local Creeps Across Marion Diamonds With An Amazing Horn
B&O Carey St. Bridge Inspection by RK&K Civil Engineering

A big thank you to RK&K Civil Engineering for partnering with the B&O to perform an in-kind bridge inspection, ensuring that our historic Carey St. railroad bridge is safe to transport passengers on the first mile of commercial track ever laid in the country!
The Pacific Surfliner's Greatest Threat https://youtu.be/3AznipjT7Do?si=IdMa2n0WyuXQO81_

The Pacific Surfliner may be in trouble, but there’s a great opportunity to improve it.
California’s $128BN Failed High-Speed Rail https://youtu.be/sOiB_cUr0Xo?si=Tc38ZMoMD9idoZuY

California's High-Speed Rail is $100 Billion over budget. America is building their first full-scale high-speed rail line that would connect San Francisco and Los Angeles. In this video, we want to find out why there are so many problems with this project and what will happen in the future. Will the high-speed train be completed?
===================================================================
American Scientists Amazed by Saudi Arabia's High-Speed Rail Network! https://youtu.be/GLh1AiwHWIk?si=A4u_B7qTIcVMAn6G

We reveal the cutting-edge elements and technological breakthroughs that have redefined the transportation landscape in Saudi Arabia. Stay tuned for the latest updates and advancements in the world of rail transportation as we explore Saudi Arabia's high-speed rail technology and its impact on the transportation market. From sustainable travel solutions to state-of-the-art progress, join us as we delve into the future of high-speed rail networks.
WAMX 4223 Madison-Merrimac with awesome views along the Wisconsin River! https://youtu.be/JgnFZxNL7iU?si=CGpOIvJqXi8WcG5M

Railroad crews must haul a massive 210-ton reactor across the country as track crews scramble to stay one step ahead of the load.

ROCKY MOUNTAIN RAILROAD takes viewers on an exclusive journey to Canada's most extreme railways, where the resilient crews do whatever it takes to keep the critical lifeline running smoothly.
===================================================================
Hauling A 210-Ton Reactor Across The Country | Rocky Mountain Railroad | Episode 6 | DC

Thank you for dropping by.Railroad crews must haul a massive 210-ton reactor across the country as track crews scramble to stay one step ahead of the load.

ROCKY MOUNTAIN RAILROAD takes viewers on an exclusive journey to Canada's most extreme railways, where the resilient crews do whatever it takes to keep the critical lifeline running smoothly.

That's a rap for tonight, enjoy the week ahead.

Good Day all,

Looks like October can be checked off, as we approach Thanksgiving and Xmas

More on NY Utica Branch line, check https://forums.auran.com/threads/sn...resolution-950x532-approx.131629/post-1986157 (Shows maps and areas of interest.)

"MA&N Plow Extra" Utica-Lyons Falls, NY Branch

Watch as Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern No. 2456, a C425 Alco built in 1964, takes the railroad's OF Jordan Spreader north on the 45-mile Utica-Lyons Falls, NY branch on Feb 21, 2018. This video captures the work train northbound through Remsen, Bonneville (both town & village), Denley and Port Leyden.

Things Utica Branch does back in 2018. https://railroad.net/nysw-customers-on-utica-branch-t167934.html

And more historical stuff about the goings on with this Branch

Facebook users: https://www.facebook.com/groups/684129435306239/discussion/preview

As time moves along, things change, maybe in this case it keep some memories of what once was. With a dash of Narrow Gauge too.

The Richfield Springs branch of the Lackawanna Railroad in central New York has its origin as the Utica, Chenango and Susquehanna Valley Railroad built in 1868. The line was absorbed by the Lackawanna Railroad (DL&W) in 1870 and provided freight and passenger services through the early years of the twentieth century. The DL&W merged with the Erie Railroad in 1960 to form the Erie Lackawanna Railway Company (EL) with the now merged railroad providing “freight service only” to customers in the three county region served by the line. In 1974 the EL sold the branch to the Central New York Railroad Corporation (CNY) of Cooperstown, New York. The CNY continued to provide freight service on the line into the early 1990’s.
========================================================
This Railroad has long and Colored Past, with all the things it had to put up with, at the behest of some interesting Business decisions, starting:

The railroad was formed in 1881 from the merger of several smaller railroads

New York, Susquehanna and Western Railway is the main Group, with Utica being one of the street running branch's

From this point, I have a very nice Dem Map from Black Diamond, and will try to build the Utica Route, with connections to other Railroads depending. Will see how it works out.

In my other life before retirement, I had the pleasure of working with some Railroads, I got the chance to experience many of the day to day issues, historical things, and much more.

One of them: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railway_Age

It gave important snapshots of state of Railroads in the US including Short Lines

Boehlert Transportation Center at Union Station another Icon of development still in use today.

Tonight's Pics:

Utica Branch as it is in present day.

Another example of small tile Route, I found interesting to play with. And if memory serves me correct, I think I did small merges with this and some other small Seaport Routes.

This part of Sao Miguel Island, I finally got the Grade down too 3.5& - 4.0% where I can get a decent train load up the long hill.

No your eyes are not fooling you, this train is in mid air for alignment changes relative to the Ground.

Recall, I lay the Tracks a bit higher than needed, across Mountains and Deep Canyons, this one here, allowed me to see the Canyon was too deep. I also tried to do a bend the track around the perimeter of the Mountainside, but this canyon was not big enough.

Next best solution stretch a metal Bridge across the Canyon Divide. Best way to do it?

Here is a picture of Bridge installed in the Canyon, I think there is drop of 1.5% and it melds perfectly into both Canyon walls. Mission accomplished!

Steam consist is headed up the hill on my newly aligned mainline @3% grade.

Blues Y Tube Pics for today:

The Wind Turbine Train - SUPER RARE FOOTAGE!

======================================================
EMD GP10 struggles with heavy load in the rain - Seaview Railroad 10/2023

In this video Seaview 1855 struggles with loads while in the rain in October 2023. The EMD GP10 is the biggest power on this industrial switching railroad working in Rhode Island's industrial heartland. 1855 is seen hauling a cut of loaded construction/demolition loads as well as a meet with Amtrak on the Northeast Corridor
Da 1410 & DBR 1254 - Hawkes Bay Wine & Food by Rail

Sunday the 29th of October, Steam Incorporated ran an excursion from Paekakariki to Takapau in Hawkes Bay.
Sun, Blue Skies and Steam at the Tanfield Railway's Run It Gala!

A few weeks back, Lawrie got invited up to help out during the Tanfield Railway's Gala for the evening - but he wasn't expecting just how amazing the weather was going to be the next day - so join him as he explores the gala.
=======================================================
The Steam || Yosemite Mountain Sugar Pine Railroad Documentary https://youtu.be/fAdyVylSLfc?si=cqWnMIVio2RQ0Nq5

Documentary short telling the stories of Joseph Bispo and Diego Morales -- the oldest and youngest crew members at the Yosemite Mountain Sugar Pine Railroad in Fish Camp, CA. In over fifty years of operation, the YMSPRR has preserved a slice of California's historic logging railroads on two miles of track in the Sierra National Forest. Day in, day out, these are the people who keep it running.
====================================================
Horn shows part #5 September & October 2023 https://youtu.be/fAdyVylSLfc?si=cqWnMIVio2RQ0Nq5
2 Trains, 1 Track, Trains Take Turns On The Main Line, Norfolk Southern Camden Ohio! CSX Night Train

https://youtu.be/e3YBWUNwCk8?si=VDrLl7h8CqazTntX
Like a Phoenix From The Ashes of ALCO: The MLW m420 https://youtu.be/97USuiKiBMg?si=XJbTqKyV-XkOb5dk
Trains Coming In Same Direction - Back to Back CN Defect Detector + CN Tanker Local

https://youtu.be/I9qKeOQzvtI?si=w2Rg9iuzCDW0v018

A one diesel tanker train local went by which I don't see often on the Halton Sub. Then a freight and a GO were coming east together on opposite tracks making the defect defector go off one after the other as I was filming.
Chasing an Ex-D&H RS3 in the Scenic South-town https://youtu.be/J-1Qhd2253o?si=v9hj4rY2oLgnSg41

Fall colors were abundant along Arcade & Attica's main line in Buffalo, NY's south-towns, as a revenue freight train consisting of seven loaded hoppers made its way north from Arcade to the Reisdorf Brothers feed mill in North Java led by ARA 114, a rebuilt ex-Delaware & Hudson Alco RS3M!
=====================================================
Progress Made in Connecting NS & CSX @ Voorheesville, NY to Allow NS More Direct Access to Ayer

https://youtu.be/jaTmPXQQJKk?si=gEc4iO4WJi-UsTcn
==================================================

Friday Five MIX - October 27, 2023 https://youtu.be/k_KPpF_F0zY?si=EI_E8RO_dGvwB2PL

This week we have a random mix of crazy action from the Rio Grande, Chicago Central and Pacific, Burlington Northern, Chicago and North Western and Belt Railway of Chicago. As I prepare to get our studio configured for capturing footage during the winter months, the Friday Fives may be released every other week. It will all depend on if I have any extra time to put one together. R.R. Conway.
Ride The Los Angeles Pacific Electric To Beverly Hills 1947

https://youtu.be/OIVnE8e1fPY?si=FTM4EIpGOYlFBqq_

In this Pacific Electric and Los Angles Railway short we ride the trains around early Los Angeles in the 1940's. Classic views of the city, the cars and the people of LA. This two part movie also features the Los Angeles Railway during the same period. This is a must for those who want to see "How it Was"!
========================================================
An afternoon on the CROW- Cleveland Works Railway- SW1500’s in Action!
https://youtu.be/Ip6-NKdMl6s?si=yrBdZMKKk7DH_Vq8

Now that we got the important stuff covered, enjoy your weekend, and as always, Thank You for coming by.

Good Day all,

!st and foremost, want to wish all Happy Thanksgiving to you and your Families.

What have I been up too, well for the bad news we had some Vandalism to one of our Cars in the street by Teens from a football game. Who had nothing better than try a Dare, sadly it cost us 500$ and a Tow Truck, and probably a month or so for rear bumper damage by a speeding car. By Grace no one was in there cars late in the evening!~

In other news I downloaded Sweet Carolina Route from Switchback, what a beautiful Route, amazing how it was built and level of detail. Merged it with Cocaine Carolina and Fillmore Rts.

Downloaded some Soo Assets for the Route too. Thank you TEH (The Erecting Hall) as always they have a wonderful selection of Locomotives and other Rolling Stock.

My Video Card is not over 5 yrs old, coming up on 6, and it really shows its age, I think in Spring I will look for new Laptop as mine is hard soldered into Mother Board.

During merge I ran into Parent Track errors, I think it was some missing or corrupted Splines, Finally able to clear that up using Delete Missing Assets Function.

As u can see, it was a huge list of errors, and I remember have Crash to Desktop during merge of Layers!

Here is Map Shot showing the new Tiles and 3 different Routes glued together. I did need to reduce Tree and some Plant Spline Density by 30%, it really helped my Frame Count.

On other Route I decided it ended to narrow of mountains next to edge of Tile for quite a ways, some I added another ROW and built and Sculpted some better looking Mountains, partially painted on right upper quadrant.

While looking for Parent Track errors, I ran across this Block view of Route and Screen Basics, I don't recall seeing this, but I might have missed it. Spells on very nicely how your File Operations work when saving them.

==========================================
Over to Y Tube here my picks of the week:

Unused and buried railroad siding restoration - Buzzards Bay, MA - 11/16/2023

In this video we see an update on the track restoration in Buzzards Bay, MA. The track is being rebuilt to store the polar express consist while not in use. This video shows some track construction to accommodate the extra long train consist.
=========================================================
Tod Engine Restoration Update

Its a rainy November day so might as well shoot an update video.
J&L Narrow Gauge Railroad youngstownsteel.org
MBTA South Coast Rail train goes to New Bedford, MA - 11/17/2023

On 11/17/2023 Mass Coastal moved a MBTA consist from Rochester, MA to New Bedford, MA Station ahead of a first responder training exercise. This video follows the move the entire way from start to finish with MC-4 pulling the consist. This was the first MBTA consist to venture to New Bedford since the geometry train in 2018.
Freight train with cabooses!

Intentional Train Derailment #shorts

That Driver Thought He Was Toast https://youtube.com/shorts/OFOpimGBh7s?si=3ykbx9BQ-S7InXwB

Railroad Crossing Doesn't Flash At Night, Out Come The Flares! #trains #trainvideo | Jason Asselin
CLOSER LOOK at Chicago Train Crash https://youtu.be/TZ03hnbDx4Y?si=UC4N2E3CU5xrnL4Z

Thanks to the National Transportation Safety board, we're getting an up-close look at the collision between a Chicago Transit Authority train and snow clearing machine.
Moving a GIANT Rail car! https://youtu.be/qRwY-aSb1OY?si=yT5JeGmd44-IX9wx

Trains can move some pretty heavy cargo and they sometimes use specialized rail cars to get the job done!
So, This Is How They Do It! High Rail Truck Mounts The Rails. https://youtu.be/YRZ8kN3Yl6s?si=Fc0NSYi80cgzZaLu
CN Hi-Rail Boom Truck Pulling Wisconsin Central Rail Flats and Gondolas

https://youtu.be/yQPZP_ifyiw?si=oRI7LIfRJ7WyurW0
Train Derailments and Mistakes Caught On Camera https://youtu.be/1OuZPfLGMaQ?si=-vXzsoUp-_TFHv7-
My FIRST EVER Catch Of A Maintenance Of Way Train in Cherry Valley, IL - CN Freeport Sub -

https://youtu.be/jJJ0h5I3N8A?si=rAAso1lFtW3qjU7j
This channel's mainly about me basically rail-fanning around the clock all across the Chicago land area.
General Motor's F Series of Locomotives, 1939 to 1960, Documentary.

https://youtu.be/OYpsUgTOiKI?si=HgpBn8hua7m8R1ey

Now that we got the important stuff covered, enjoy your weekend, and as always, Thank you for coming by.

Good Day my friends,

Well another interesting few weeks have passed, never a dull moment for sure.

We enjoyed a wonderful Thanks giving south of the border with family n friends. Only exception to spoil the day, their water line from meter broke, the next day, we were lucky enough after breaking cement to find the tiny leak and effect repairs. I hope all of you enjoyed the holidays.

Over to trainz blue has been busy thinking, do I purchase Trainz 22, or wait a year for the rest of normal production bugs work their way out? I think I need to read the latest reviews.

Why am thinking about Trainz 22? Well fellow Member Maxworks just put an updated Route for Sacramento Shortline, and it looks awesome. Version is the issue, I can only get up to 5.0, his is 5.2, and this is normal. I just looked on Content Mgr and now I see routes are up to 5.4 Blue is quietly salivating in the corner to get a hold of said Route.

In other news, I continue working with:

Morristown & Erie New Jersey & Sussex New Jersey Short-lines (merged) Signal install n check Aspects.

A Fall picture

A train passed by not long ago, but the Rails offer us something spectacular at this time of day! Brilliant captivating colors radiating from sky and mirror reflection of shiny Rails.

A local switcher on San Diego Route to Los Angeles, catches a view of very unusual Animal.

NCTD Oceanside:This is the first Phase of a route which will eventually run from the Stuart Mesa Service Yard all the way down to the San Diego holding Yard. Phase 1 is based on a concept and design by Brendan McReynolds (brendansbiz). Route and scenery construction is by Robert Cooper (robert3a0) using Google Earth. Tracks are provided by Jointed Rail. Phase 1 of the route is 12.3 miles long and runs between the Stuart Mesa Service Yard and Poinsettia and took 11 months to complete.

Local has picked up several loads for delivery to Industrial Customers.

A view from bridge overpass down the 14 mile length of line here. Looks like new construction has started. Were not sure of what is being built here.

We might being taking the siding here, there lots of Passenger and hot Freight loads passing to the Los Angeles and beyond. Dispatcher has asked us to clear the main for Amtrak headed out from downtown
Amtrak Station.

Traveling behind homes and apt's, beautiful Tree and Shrubs add to our view here as we head to the next customer.

Here needs some adjustment, Crossing module is out of alignment with the Tracks, causing a wavy action as we pass thru. Just need to rotate the Module a few degrees and the tracks will line up.

Dispatcher holds us at Red signal for Amtrak meet coming in Hot. If passenger trains are delayed at all, our Railroad has to pay them delay costs for on-time movement per our contractual agreements.

Blues Y Tube picks of the week:
Details of and general information on the catenary used on the RRVT line

Blue likes this a lot!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Rerouted! Train Wreck In Kentucky Brings New Trains To The CV! A First Since 2015!

In today's adventure, we catch an extremely rare scenario; when a train derails on the CC Subdivision in Livingston, Ky, CSX is forced to reroute all of the lines trains elsewhere to keep things running smoothly and on time. Manifests were routed via Nashville, Ethanol through the Clinchfield, and Grain through the CV! Talk about a rare turn of events! Over the course of 3 days, we examine, chase and film a couple of reroutes over the CV.
SBVR Train Hits Truck After it Narrowly Avoids Rail fans

Blue is going to say one thing, how much do you think the Cable Reel weighed?
Train Derailments and Mistakes Caught On Camera

Old Smokey! BNSF inter-modal on Tehachapi with Blown Turbo! Lots of smoke!!

BNSF released from being tied down. 00036 https://youtu.be/iR7K5hzEhIw?Waited a while for this one to move. Worth the wait to see the power move the train up to speed.
UP and BNSF, Again at the big curve we get a twofer 00040
https://youtu.be/-NfKD3NLBK0?si=GljextLn3FAJw47H

12 Locos, shows mid DPU working hard. Must have been long and very heavy. Nice to see good use of power for weight.

Filming the Union Pacific come around the last curve into the inland empire of LA I also get on the tracks below another, BNSF, train running into the valley.
Encuentro de trenes en Acultzingo, AVCPB vs IMXVC. FerroMex Action!

https://youtu.be/n5aJx5MT14o?si=MFt0yw7lZfNltrei
How Coal Trains are Loaded - Loading a Coal Train on the Ex. C&O Cabin Creek SD at Leewood, WV

https://youtu.be/HIwEabBLbIE?si=BCCKHNrNgqFmkhx5 KANAWHA COUNTY
BNSF Holiday Train - 12/2/2023 https://youtu.be/l1xEDtdAtOU?

Chimes of the “Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy” by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky which is from “The Nutcracker” begins this piece at 12:00pm local time.

Metra is running special holiday trains as a part of its regular service on a majority of its routes during the month of December. On this first Saturday of the month, one of these holiday specials makes a call in Hinsdale, IL, bringing holiday cheer to those in communities along the line.

This six car consist is powered by EMD F40PH-3 183 “Village of Itasca” and doing the push and pull honors is the Burlington Route liveried EMD F40PHM-3 211, which is adorned in holiday lights.

Happy Holidays to all this 2023 holiday season.si=FGAMqwF1uOAXGZoU
Firefly: The First 'Standard' Locomotive

https://youtu.be/6OKQz3IW6LY?si=emv6eMuUGMy1VC5q

Designed by Daniel Gooch for the Broad Gauge Great Western Railway between 1840 and 1842, the Firefly Class was Britain's first truly 'Standard' locomotive - all 62 being built to the same drawings, templates, and patterns. For its time this was revolutionary! A 63rd member of this pioneering class was steamed in 2004.

Blue really enjoyed this film, I hope you do too!
BIZARRE Locomotives Of EVERY KIND In Galesburg, Illinois!

https://youtu.be/7HNQ7R7nF_8?si=Johxna-QhyqUNBjd

In todays video, we see extreme flat switching, and all kinds of crazy motive power, including iconic oddballs, plenty of fallen flags (from multiple railroads), and the craziest MOW locomotives you've ever seen!
Mr's Blue just asked me if I got all the Outside Decorations up yet. You know what that means, I better get to it. LOL

Back