Sebino Lake Italy is here

The crossing at the level crossing is given by the minimum length of the road after the intersection. This is the reality in Pisogne.
Do we respect reality or level crossing?

Reality - this is a railway simulation after all and cars passing through a level crossing barrier colliding with the train would be a major safety incident. If need be, just use a stretch of "no traffic" road, it's how I get round similar situations on my routes.

Otherwise the route and scenery is very nice.

Jango I congratulate you for this wonderful route. Is there any particular reason why you did not include the interactive industry and stations?

Reality - this is a railway simulation after all and cars passing through a level crossing barrier colliding with the train would be a major safety incident. If need be, just use a stretch of "no traffic" road, it's how I get round similar situations on my routes.

Otherwise the route and scenery is very nice.

We will make a compromise.
There is a solution.

Jango I congratulate you for this wonderful route. Is there any particular reason why you did not include the interactive industry and stations?

Hi Celje,

Two reasons:
1. In reality there are no industries until Pisogne. (Have you noticed the geology of the terrain?)
The route is essentially for tourists and commuters.
The freight trains are rare and few wagons.
There may be industries that use the railway only with the extension to the north up to Edolo. (Metallurgy)
I repeat: the Sebino Lake respects reality a lot.

2. Interactive stations, those existing in DLS are not adherent to reality and do not work perfectly.
I have used numerous trackmarks to allow each of you to create sessions, to become interactive.
I hope to see new sessions published on the DLS, with new variations.
For travelers, see the existing sessions.

thanks for your logical intervention. :)

That would be great if it can be fixed. As a real life railwayman (retiring on Wednesday!) it is details like that you tend to notice.

Congratulations Vern! :Y:

Even my father was a railwayman, right on these routes.

2. Interactive stations, those existing in DLS are not adherent to reality and do not work perfectly.
I have used numerous trackmarks to allow each of you to create sessions, to become interactive.

I totally agree. I have also abandoned interactive passenger stations in my routes for the same reasons.

That would be great if it can be fixed. As a real life railwayman (retiring on Wednesday!) it is details like that you tend to notice.

congrats Vern. Enjoy your retirement, your "honey do" list but most of all the things you like doing best :):clap:

The freight session: ... I can't get into the locomotive..
... i did try it and there was only one problem with driver: he was there .. but it wasn't Joe ...

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

I hope that some ugly very low res textures (like the one in the above screenshot) will be replaced in the final version.

I hope that some ugly very low res textures (like the one in the above screenshot) will be replaced in the final version.

It is not a ground texture, but belongs to the 3D of the bridge.
If possible we will replace it.
Not all groundtextures are high resolution or 3D.
From experience the distant groundtextures make better if at low resolution, when possible.

Went for a 47 km drive from Pisogne to Borgo S Giovanni. The landscaping is very good. So much so that it pains me to point out a few niggles that stuck out. They are all only seen from the driver point of view since anything the driver can't see, doesn't count. At least not that much.

Won't mention the lava-like flow of the PBR textures except to say that route creators should avoid using them in places where this issue is obvious until N3V fixes it. Sort of ruins the experience to have the ground suddenly move while admiring the view.

First I placed an inspection car at Pisogne
TRS19 Sebino Lake Pisogne station S.JPG
That's when I noticed that some of the walking passengers disappeared in cab view, leaving their shadows that still moved. In chase view they reappeared
TRS19 Sebino Lake Pisogne station D1.JPGTRS19 Sebino Lake Pisogne station D2.JPG
Then there was grass on the road. If it was a quiet country lane, perhaps but seeing the truck traffic, that grass should have been worn away.
TRS19 Sebino Lake grass on road.JPG
Some high flying grass
TRS19 Sebino Lake grass in the air.JPG
a speed limit sign embedded in the wall
TRS19 Sebino Lake speed limit in  wall.JPG
some levitating trees
TRS19 Sebino Lake floating trees.jpg
The gap in the tunnel liner could lead to a major water leak.
TRS19 Sebino Lake tunnel gap.JPG
some floating flower boxes
TRS19 Sebino Lake floating flower boxes.JPG

to be continued ...

Attachments

• TRS19 Sebino Lake Marone station D2.JPG
    TRS19 Sebino Lake Marone station D2.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 25
continued from above

Marone station with the same disappearing people issue
TRS19 Sebino Lake Marone station D2.JPGTRS19 Sebino Lake Marone station D1.JPG
some missing ends
TRS19 Sebino Lake missing ends.jpg
and finally, a strange looking sky during part of the drive. Not sure if this is a feature or not.
TRS19 Sebino Lake sky.jpg

As I mentioned, these niggles should not take away from the obvious effort that was put into making the landscaping look so good. I point them out to help make it even better.

Well, I tried this route, started two different sessions, waited over ten minutes, but the signals never would switch to green so I gave up. Scenery is pretty though.

Well, I tried this route, started two different sessions, waited over ten minutes, but the signals never would switch to green so I gave up. Scenery is pretty though.

Hi Dave. It would be great if you could help us figure out what's happening differently for you.
Is this in 96000 or 97513?
Did you retry the sessions?
Which two sessions?
Was the game still active? (Could you interact with the UI, move around the world?)
Did the messages and Objectives show?
Did any oncoming trains appear?
Did any assertions show?
Did any script errors show? (This requires debug mode to be active)
In CM do any assets show as missing?

Ciao Jango,
non so se ti ricordi di me,comunque in primis ti volevo salutare. Avendo ripreso in mano Trainz ho potuto vedere il tuo lavoro e sono rimasto sbigottito vedendo quanto sia bello e godibile sia tecnicamente che artisticamente. Immagino che sia costato una montagna di tempo sia a te che agli altri amici di Trainzitalia , però sicuramente ne è valsa la pena perchè secondo me rimarrà una pietra miliare di questo importante aggiornamento di Trainz. Anch'io ho riscontrato qualche anomalia ma sono dettagli che verranno corretti senza problemi.
Ancora i miei complimenti a te e allo staff.
Un saluto
Roberto

continued from above

Marone station with the same disappearing people issue

some missing ends

and finally, a strange looking sky during part of the drive. Not sure if this is a feature or not.

As I mentioned, these niggles should not take away from the obvious effort that was put into making the landscaping look so good. I point them out to help make it even better.

Thanks Martin for your precise and detailed help.

Ciao Jango,
non so se ti ricordi di me,comunque in primis ti volevo salutare. Avendo ripreso in mano Trainz ho potuto vedere il tuo lavoro e sono rimasto sbigottito vedendo quanto sia bello e godibile sia tecnicamente che artisticamente. Immagino che sia costato una montagna di tempo sia a te che agli altri amici di Trainzitalia , però sicuramente ne è valsa la pena perchè secondo me rimarrà una pietra miliare di questo importante aggiornamento di Trainz. Anch'io ho riscontrato qualche anomalia ma sono dettagli che verranno corretti senza problemi.
Ancora i miei complimenti a te e allo staff.
Un saluto
Roberto

Ciao Roby !
E' un piacere risentirti e mi ricordo perfettamente.
Non so se hai notato che nella tratta ho utilizzato ancora dei tuoi oggetti. Sono ancora validi.....quando c'è la base !
Fatti sentire in forum TZIT, sarà un piacere per tutti.
Stammi bene.

The first road bridge NE of Rovata Citta (Bridge street) is missing its road surface. This appears to be the spline save problem that initially appeared in TS12 - it can be fixed, but won't save.
The second crossing after the second road bridge in the same direction runs into an intersection (Crossing 11102 - Confluenza a Y dx 45 gradi chunky) that traffic refuses to drive through.

I regret to report a "correction" made to one of the Sebino Lake assets is wreaking havoc on many Italian routes, including the Sebino Lake itself (even though, in this case, the role of electrified lines is marginal).

In the config.txt of the asset Trave FS quadrata,<kuid2:81791:38001:1>, the tag "istrack = 1" has been changed into "istrack = 0" changing the asset from a track into an ordinary spline.

Even though the asset is not a track intended for running trains, the author made it this way since it is a transversal girder used to attach the supports holding the catenary wires.

This is how the girder/supports complex should appear (with the girder istrack tag set to "1"):

k4z7l3.jpg

This is how it appears in game: the supports, lacking the transversal track, aligned with the real track running below the girder.

2yya8hk.jpg

I am pretty sure this mistake was caused by nothing else than lack of familiarity with the asset peculiarity. This issue, however, is causing big troubles in almost any Italian electrified routes (i.e. most of them), so I recommend restoring the value of the "istrack" tag to "1".

Kind regards

Back