Sebino Lake Italy is here

Didn't seem to affect my recent session Pendolino.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

More screenies here https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...enshots-of-TRS2019-Beta&p=1713017#post1713017 and beyond.

I regret to report a "correction" made to one of the Sebino Lake assets is wreaking havoc on many Italian routes, including the Sebino Lake itself (even though, in this case, the role of electrified lines is marginal).

In the config.txt of the asset Trave FS quadrata,<kuid2:81791:38001:1>, the tag "istrack = 1" has been changed into "istrack = 0" changing the asset from a track into an ordinary spline.

Even though the asset is not a track intended for running trains, the author made it this way since it is a transversal girder used to attach the supports holding the catenary wires.

I am pretty sure this mistake was caused by nothing else than lack of familiarity with the asset peculiarity. This issue, however, is causing big troubles in almost any Italian electrified routes (i.e. most of them), so I recommend restoring the value of the "istrack" tag to "1".

Kind regards

Unfortunately that can't be done as it's been payware locked and although you can change the config and (cough.. lose the payware tag), needs to be upversioned and folder imported, the .texture also needs converting back to texture.txt and TGA otherwise it just commits as faulty.
That can't be done in most payware and builtins as N3V have somehow blocked them so images2tga won't work on them TANE and upwards.
And as it's not on the DLS, not a lot the end user can do about it.

Don't you just love Trainz.........

@ Normhart: Unfortunately, I do not see the involved asset in any of your very nice screenshots.

@ Clam1952: there are several ways to solve the issues, but since N3V can do as it pleases with built-in assets, I dared to suggested them how to correct their own mistake for the common good.

In the Sebino Lake, this is a minor issue, since only a brief section of the Milan-Venice main line is modelled. In the real world, this kind of girder is chiefly used to support multiple catenaries over station or yard tracks, or as an anchorage point for the counterweights keeping the catenary taut (two elements every 1,200 metres). I hope this does explain why making it useless had such a devastating effect on Italian routes.

Hi Dave. It would be great if you could help us figure out what's happening differently for you.
Is this in 96000 or 97513?
Did you retry the sessions?
Which two sessions?
Was the game still active? (Could you interact with the UI, move around the world?)
Did the messages and Objectives show?
Did any oncoming trains appear?
Did any assertions show?
Did any script errors show? (This requires debug mode to be active)
In CM do any assets show as missing?

I did an extended database repair and now things are working better.

Build 96000

I regret to report a "correction" made to one of the Sebino Lake assets is wreaking havoc on many Italian routes, including the Sebino Lake itself (even though, in this case, the role of electrified lines is marginal).

In the config.txt of the asset Trave FS quadrata,<kuid2:81791:38001:1>, the tag "istrack = 1" has been changed into "istrack = 0" changing the asset from a track into an ordinary spline.

Even though the asset is not a track intended for running trains, the author made it this way since it is a transversal girder used to attach the supports holding the catenary wires.

This is how the girder/supports complex should appear (with the girder istrack tag set to "1"):

...Image removed...

This is how it appears in game: the supports, lacking the transversal track, aligned with the real track running below the girder.

...Image removed...

I am pretty sure this mistake was caused by nothing else than lack of familiarity with the asset peculiarity. This issue, however, is causing big troubles in almost any Italian electrified routes (i.e. most of them), so I recommend restoring the value of the "istrack" tag to "1".

Kind regards

Carlo,

Could you use an attached track tag and specify the track you are using through out the route? This would put the correct track down again, rather than using the older tracks.

I agree turning this back to track and not a spline is better anyway since the asset will have the characteristics you are looking for to attach the catenary masts, signals and other track-objects to the track as required.

It's worth experimenting and see how each works. It won't hurt other than waste some time if it doesn't. I agree with Malc that N3V no longer helps matters with locked assets. Making changes like this is very difficult now and takes some of the fun out of Trainz that used to be there.

The FS GR 740 could really use an upgrade in some areas. The engine sounds are just edits of the original PB15 sounds; a bit old at this point. Secondly, the smoke effects could be updated too. I feel like the particles themselves are okay, it just needs a new texture. A whistle particle is also missing, which should be a standard at this point.
7fzUVH5.png

Version 3 will be in the next update that changes it back to istrack = 1.

Jango and his friends brought the best of italian artwork in Trainz.
After looking at all the details, you sure don't want to go back to the old versions of Trainz

As far as I am concerned, this is the best layout (visually speaking) I have seen

Thanks to all the trainzers to make such a wonderful job at it

The freight session.

Anyone tried it? I can't get into the locomotive. No driver allocated to it. Am I alone here?

Phil

Hi Phil. We haven't see this issue, but we have had reports of a brake failure...

"Thanks for your reported problem with the FS D.345.1086 freight service commencing at Pisogne this morning. Our engineers have been sent to investigate and discovered a fault in the main brake cylinder causing the brakes to remain fully applied.

I hope you having been gunning the throttle at notch 8 for too long as this could cause permanent damage to the motor ;)

Rest assured the maintenance crew have been dispatched to rectify the problem and your train will be ready for service once they have replaced the faulty parts."

Why won't my loco drive off? It does not move:

http://prntscr.com/lb8tcb

The wheels do not move at all at throttle '7', then at throttle '8' they move only very slowly even with the sander on & then report "wheel slip".

Problem identified. See the crew report below. :)

The crew have also determined that if you climb into the cab from Content Manager, the brake cylinder issue is bypassed.
(Select the session > Right Click > Open > Open in Driver).

Last edited:
Hi I have now completed all the sessions, well as best as I could those invisible 30km limits got me a couple times … not to worry

Yes the signals can take a long time to clear, learn to wait a bit.

Tom

Tony --

Tried it again. Was OK.

Tried again and found if I changed to Cab / Advanced Mode before the zoom into the locomotive was completed then I was locked out as the Driver. So I'm not sure if this is a bug or just player over eagerness?

Phil

those invisible 30km limits got me a couple times …

Tom

Yes I spotted a couple of those, seems to be at stations - they are not posted and don't appear on the HUD. Really need signing even if not strictly prototypical.

I'm also convinced the 60 km/h (40 MPH) speed on the curved sections above the lake is way too fast. I reduced speed to 30 MPH and still seemed to be throwing the train violently around the bends. If that had been the real world, would have been at the derailment tolerance, IMHO.

Yes I spotted a couple of those, seems to be at stations - they are not posted and don't appear on the HUD. Really need signing even if not strictly prototypical.

I'm also convinced the 60 km/h (40 MPH) speed on the curved sections above the lake is way too fast. I reduced speed to 30 MPH and still seemed to be throwing the train violently around the bends. If that had been the real world, would have been at the derailment tolerance, IMHO.

They are posted - see post #52 and #57 of this thread.

a few screenshots I took:

Dave you found some very interesting views.
Compliments !

Version 3 will be in the next update that changes it back to istrack = 1.

Thanks a lot!!

Our Italian catenary system is conceived to make maximum use of all elements, and altering one of them has devastating consequences on the whole system (just like a house of cards).

I have made another version with a config fully compliant with trainz-build 4.5, which has been succesfully tested in TRS19. I will send it to Jango ASAP.

They are posted - see post #52 and #57 of this thread.

If you're an expert on Italian signalling and railway signage great - not so great if you're not. And being attached to the signal post as a simple marker they do not appear in the HUD, which is what I'm referring to for upcoming speed limits.

Back