Route / Session Name

caroper

When I load a route or session in to edit in trs2019 the window title only shows the name and version of the software not the file being edited.
I already know what software I am using but when creating sessions or editing routes I would like to know which file or version of the route I am working on, especially as I may be editing several sessions at a time.
How do I get Trains to display the file name or version being edited, in line with the windows style guide, rather than just the program name which is already obvious?

Last edited:
How do I get Trains to display the file name or version being edited, in line with the windows style guide, rather than just the program name which is already obvious?

The simple answer is that you cannot. This has been a requested feature for some time now.

In the Driver/Surveyor menu, hover over the large "buttons" or thumbnails of the routes and sessions. You'll see the author, KUID, and version but not the file version. We have asked for file versions as well, but we never have gotten that.

Because of this shortcoming I always include the version name in my routes and sessions.

Example:

Route:

Gloucester Terminal Electric -- V16.5 --- 12-31-2021

Session:

Gloucester Terminal Electric - Daily Operations --- V16.5 --- 12-31-2021

I also name my CDP backups similarly.

Gloucester Terminal Electric - Daily Operations --- V16.5 --- 12-31-2021

So will that show up in the windows header?

All I see is "Trains Railroad Simulator 2019" regardless of the naming convention I use for the session or route?
If I open several instances to try a new idea I need to be able to see which is which.

Last edited:
So will that show up in the windows header?

All I see is "Trains Railroad Simulator 2019" regardless of the naming convention I use for the session or route?
If I open several instances to try a new idea I need to be able to see which is which.

Unfortunately, no it won't. Having the different names does help, though in selecting the right version from the menu because all have the same icon.

The same with Content Manager. If we have Open for edit, Missing dependencies, and Installed in separate windows, all we see is Content Manager on the bar, which isn't helpful. Get up for a drink and come back and we're confused.

Having the Trainz build number on the bar is useful too, for those of us that will load up a previous verion of TRS19 to cross-load or compare assets. There's nothing like cross-loading and find that we're adding assets back to the one we're getting assets from because we've clicked on the wrong screen.

There's nothing like cross-loading and find that we're adding assets back to the one we're getting assets from because we've clicked on the wrong screen.

I was thinking I was alone in my frustration or stupid for not knowing the solution but you expressed it better than I.

I contribute, time, code, and cash to open source projects that are better managed than this in terms of standards, backwards compatibility and testing.

Last edited:
Back