Only 1 session in Inzer- South Ural Mountains route.

oppOA57a

Hello everyone, I have recently purchased Inzer-South Ural Mountains route, then I saw that there is only 1 session to play with. I am really disappointed to see that. I have played that session for 15 times and I am bore of that. The session doesn't actually covers the main most scenic, natural beauty part of the route, The Ural Mountain range. I am not a good session maker and I even don't know how make a good session. I have made 10 useless sessions as I don't know well to make sessions. Can anyone help me in this matter?

Probably not the best way but I learned basic sessions skills by studying existing ones. Start with the most basic sessions and work towards more complex. Also, use your favorite search platform to search the web for "trainz session creation" and such.

Also, let me suggest: Just run some live sessions. Pick a few industries, make up a train, and service those industries by dropping of cars. Next "session," do another run to same industries picking up the "empties" as you place the new. Real railroading is different each run. One industry may get 2 cars this week, 3 next week, then none for a month. Change things up.

Last edited:
Creating your own sessions, without the help of an existing session is a long process that takes time and lots of experience. Even simple operations can take days or even weeks to get working properly as you remove bugs and adjust various things not only in the session but also on the route. The more complex sessions can take months or even years of checking and tweaking beyond the initial creation phase.

As time goes on, your Spidey senses will tell you what the AI will do and you can make those changes accordingly when building your route or creating a session but all this comes in due time. This will save you time later on as you know when you are building your own route where to place a track mark or direction marker to guide the AI drivers.

The best way to gain experience is to clone the existing session and edit it. Using the existing session not only gives you the consists and driver commands, it also configures everything for you. You may have to adjust or remove the end-session trigger and associated setup for it in the session setup beyond where the trains stop today if you are modifying existing drivers. You will also have to assign driver commands to the existing drivers if you want to drive a train yourself because the existing trains will be blocking the line.

The good news is when you're done dissecting and modifying this session, you'll learn how other people have done it and you can use this experience to create your own sessions not only for built in routes but also for your own. This is true for a lot of things in Trainz including creating routes.

Back