RFI: Annoying Banjo Music and how to remove it

C_Blabsky

Request For Information: Annoying Banjo Music and how to remove it from the route under construction.

I can't locate the source, nor understand how to search for the culprit. Guessing wrong by eliminating scenery so far.

regards,

Blabsky

Is there a sternwheeler steamboat on the route, and is it playing something like Dixie? I recall a route that did, and you could hear it all over the route, nonstop. I edited the steamboat and then the sound file and set the volume to zero.
EDIT: It was this one: <kuid2:78193:924:2> Drivable Robt. E Lee Steamboat - 3m by cyberstorm.

Last edited:
Decide which asset Category you think is the most likely causing the sound. Disabled all of them. Then start restoring Half of them, then the remaining half, et cetera. Other words use abinary search.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner to wreeder! MTR Banjo Cabin. I must have placed that sometime this week. Thanks!

Blabsky

Winner, winner, chicken dinner to wreeder! MTR Banjo Cabin. I must have placed that sometime this week. Thanks!

Blabsky
That cabin was a pain in the posterior, you can disable its sound by various means, but first you have work out where the sound is coming from, another sound issue I had many moons ago was a bear that had been placed in the middle of dense forest spline by a well meaning creator , I had to delete dozens of items before I could find it as it was driving me insane with its roaring every few seconds. Sound effects are all very well , but when you are driving and the noise of passengers in carriages is almost as loud as the sound of the consist, you know the original creators didn't do a great job of thinking about the overall volume level of their sound files, animals are another really annoying source of sound pollution you can hear sheep bleating for miles in some cases . Its ok if the creator allows you to modify the item but all too often, that's not the case.

Although the banjo was skillfully played, that cabin was too close to the ranch. Some Bar C_B boys burned down the cabin and ran over the banjo with the ranch truck. The hillbillies were last seen running north to Oklahoma.

Back