Request for a new Welsh language section

johnwhelan

Where we can discuss Welsh railways such as GWR.

Please show with a post supporting this initiative.

Many thanks

Cheerio John

John

When did Gods Wonderful Railway become a Welsh railway? Not when I was young.

A separate Welsh language section, you must be joking.

Peter

It certainly ran INTO Wales but was as pointed out never a "Welsh" company and if anything was English. Most of the trackage was also outside the principality so it seems a rather odd request. So why expect Welsh. We could have Scots Gaelic or Scots Doric/Lallans for the people of the West and East coasts. After all the LMS and LNER ran into us here in Scotland? Then as the LMS ran the Belfast & Northern Counties (throw in the Belfast & County Down) we could have Ulster-Scots, The Gt Northern (Ireland) and the Sligo & N. Counties were cross border so Irish Gaelic. This seems a slightly ludicrous idea as there would be no great demand or usage to make it worthwhile.

Pig Latin...we need a forum for Pig Latin...*

*Nothing against Wales, the Welsh language, or Welche's Grape Juice

Last edited:
Myttin da (Good Morning) Cornish is still spoken in Cornwall and we had the GWR down here too.... Sorry John but my vote is for Cornish....Cornwall like Wales is next to England.....
Dennis

sorry yorlot av gora chip in here worabout Broard Yorkshire wear just as intitled to arr language annall tha norrs.;)

sorry yorlot av gora chip in here worabout Broard Yorkshire wear just as intitled to arr language annall tha norrs.;)

I think this is exactly my point UK English is quite different from what ever it is they use down south and I think we should have an English / Welsh section on the main Auran forum.

Why should I have to log onto the Trainz UK forum to find out that the TC3 UK site now has some very nice MK1 coaches available.

I'd seen no mention of these on the main forum.

Cheerio John

i'd be REAL interested, not so much in the language of cymri, of which i know not a word, but the REAL railways that ran entirely inside of it. i.e. those "little" slate tramway preserved lines. and not so much historically, but that proportions of infrastructure and stock. and not so much the historical as the newer stuff that's running on them today and recently.

i'm very much a narrow gauge enthusiast. much more then main line standard gauge. the criccith, vail, and the maine two footer srrl #5 railbus i run on every system i've got that's a 2 footer.

i've even got a concept m.u. 'mini-van' i've haven't gotten around to, and don't know when if or how i ever actully will bring into trains, to opperate on 2 to 2-1/2 ft rails.

my fantasy is an after the fall/colapse scenario where in rebuilding the world such systems take most of the place held by the automobile now.

so i'm VERY interested in the LITTLE railways IN wales/cymri. it would be cute perhapse i suppose to have all that in welsh galic too, but i think finding any substantial number of cymri speaking trainzers, as others have pointed out, just MIGHT be a wee tiny bit of a streatch?

The TC3 update would not have been mentioned in a welsh forum either.

As TC3 ( S&C ) has no connection with Cymru or the GWR.

When the forums first opened in 2001 and Auran only had the option of the Union Flag to represent those members from GB.

I asked for the national flag of Wales to be added, with the option of choosing Wales as country of origin. Auran very kindly provided those options and i see no reason to fragment the forum , even more.

Currently UK trainzers have to check in two forums to find out what is happening, that isn't fragmentation?

Cheerio John

John

Currently UK trainzers have to check in two forums to find out what is happening, that isn't fragmentation?

i have not seen a UK forum here, as far as I can see the only special divisions are by language. Is there another non-Auran forum you are referring to? If so I suggest that it is up to the creators who post on that forum to also post here. They are the cause of the fragmentation that concerns you.

If we go the way you seem to want then I will ask for a 'Narrow Gauge' Trainz forum subdivided by gauge further divided by country. Same logic and horrible fragmentation.

Peter

Back