Removing HD Terrain q [Resolved]

valbridge

Rail Tragic
After a few months of paying monthly sub for S2.0 I find it is not for me. Whilst mastering the complexities of this surveyor it is not to my liking, all very subjective I guess.
Now to the q.
After deciding to quit the monthly membership dues and reverting back to TRS22 I find the following occuring with a route I have been working on with Trainz+......
The route in question was converted to HD terrain.
When using 'classic' surveyor I get the message when attempting to paint textures that they are not HD terrain compatible, and am unable to paint ground textures. Obviously after converting to the HD situation it seems I can only paint said textures when in S2.0 surveyor. Is there a way to reverse this. Or does HD terrain automatically become redundant once membership expires?

What concerns me is when my current Trainz+ membership expires I will be stuck with a route that can only have ground textures altered/modified in HD/Trainz+ and not in TRS22!
I hope my question is understood and not conflated to the point of thinking "what the hell is he talking about".
Cheers,
Val.

Addendum.....Forget this post....I figured it out.

Last edited:
You can convert your route back.

Do a backup first.

Go into Surveyor 2.0.

Zoom out far enough so that you can select baseboards with the select too.

Choose convert baseboard
Choose 5m .

You can try 10 meter but I'd be concerned that textures will get really, really weird.

Once you do that, you can then edit your route again in Surveyor 1.0.

Honestly, I'd stick with Plus for the Scrapbook and other nifty features such as multiple baseboard selecting, and other things.

You can convert your route back.

Honestly, I'd stick with Plus for the Scrapbook and other nifty features such as multiple baseboard selecting, and other things.

Thanks John that's how I did it.
Gave it much thought, perhaps I'll revisit later on but right now happy to go back. Scrapbook, I agree, is a neat part of S2.0 however my subscription was no more than a taste to see how it fits with me. At this point in time a monthly sub is not warrented for how I am using the SIM.

Back