[solved] How to switch to HD Terrain within S2.0? [See #2 and additional #3]

I'll stand corrected - just not getting this option on mine (Build 122478) which was one of the reasons I updated 🤷‍♂️

Trainz Build Numbers You have to be using a Plus version of Trainz in order to edit HD Terrain. You are using a Retail version, which can run HD Terrain routes.

Any current version of Plus will work. I don't recommend most people run the beta versions. I recommend after it is setup, go in to settings, select install, and make sure update stream is not set to Alpha or Beta. If anyone wants to run betas, go ahead, just be aware there will be more error messages and actual errors.

Last edited:
I have the same issue on Mac Studio M2. I got the Plus deal that was available last month but I do not have HD scenery. Where do I go to get the Plus build?

I have the same issue on Mac Studio M2. I got the Plus deal that was available last month but I do not have HD scenery. Where do I go to get the Plus build?
Use the MyTrainz link at the top of this page to log in and you will see all the product downloads available to you.

Hi
I have a Plus Subscription and my build is 122419 on Mac on a Studio Max with M2 Chipsets.
I do not see any of the HD items that are discussed above in this thread and how to convert to HD. I have the latest build available to me and when I try to download it tells me it is a retail version that I will download.
So what gives? I think that the Mac version does not have HD.

Hi
I have a Plus Subscription and my build is 122419 on Mac on a Studio Max with M2 Chipsets.
I do not see any of the HD items that are discussed above in this thread and how to convert to HD. I have the latest build available to me and when I try to download it tells me it is a retail version that I will download.
So what gives? I think that the Mac version does not have HD.
The Mac Plus version does have HD Terrain. I have been playing with it for a long time. Go to My Trainz part and download the Plus version. Plus is the only version that can edit HD Terrain. Trainz 22 and Trainz 22 Platinum can run HD Terrain but not edit HD Terrain.

Thanks for that capdiamont. I certainly wouldn’t have known to check in my downloads and that I had to specifically download the plus version update. The site and info from N3V is not all that obvious.
Thanks again, now I am in Plus territory.

Back