Rebuild database Resets The Date Field

boleyd

I was forced to do a full database rebuild due to a constant error. Full rebuild and all ok Except all the session dates/times were reset to today. I have been relying on the main menu being able to give me the latest Session and Route based upon Last Modified in the main page. That ain't no good now. Perhaps a simple new check of Rebuild With Today's Date could be provided.

Last edited:
That is the expected behavior. If the Database Repair "touches" the file then the modified date is set to the time the database repair was run. Windows is managing that function not Trainz. Better to put the date in the file name if you depend on it. For Example: MySession - 05-22-23

Thanks - I can't blame Windows too much since it has to be all things to all people.
Ball is in my court

I learned this the hard way a very long time ago myself.

My naming convention is Name -- version --- date.

Enfield and Eastern -- V10.0 --- 05-15-2023.

The accompanying session is:

Enfield and Eastern Daily Operations -- V3.0 --- 05-15-2023

When I back them up, which I do often to CDPs, I append the current date to the end of the file names.

Enfield and Eastern -- V10.0 --- 05-15-2023 --- 05-22-2023.

I see at a glance this is version 10.0 of the route created/modified on 05-15-2023 and backed up on 05-22-2023 which means I don't need to look at system dates, etc. in my file list when the files are exported.

Back