Re-Releasing SPORBUST Content

I've followed this thread from the beginning, and I have a few things I would like to say on this subject. Frank, you models are some of the best pieces of work we have for trainz today. I have to say that I think you have an oportunity to shake up the community once again with the same content you have allready released. Im talking about multiplayer enabled modern freight power. We can play with our Paware all we want, but when it comes to multiplayer,there is a very limited number of US locos avaliable that are of great quality. Believe me when I say that I die to run your locos on a MP session. I am suspect to believe that the Multiplayer ban on non local content is a far way off from being lifted, but i couldnt care less if I could see your work once more the center of attention on multiplayer :wave:. I have to say that I hope to see more wonderful things to come, and if some of them are 2012 multiplayer compatable, you better believe my route, when finnished, will be using your content standard for everything.

Good day all:wave:

Hybrid...

:cool: TS12 is basically a Multi-player or MORPG game...you cannot open the former default routes like City & Country, for now.

The deal is, if no interest is shown from the Trainz Community, NV3 will close it back to just a single user game.

Any content that is now in the game can be used in TS12, but no edits are allowed for multiplayer assets...they will revert back to original when you go online and make a connection.

Some assets are actually locked, so they cannot be edited, cloned, deleted.

Frankly, I am glad you invested into TS12 & I hope you enjoy the multiplayer features!

However, TS2010 is easier to use & has all features of previous versions.

The minimum build number for example is now 2.7. TS2009 is 2.9, TS12 is 3.3. All content imported to TS12 with a lower than 2.7 build will show error codes...the content may work however.

The games work better if you install them to your root folder= C:\TS12. This eliminates some of the Windows security junk.

The art-folder in the asset main folder is history...just a $screenshot$ is all that's needed.

You will need the PEVSoft Tools, for editing your content. There are several fancy features like PM2IM that not only converts files, it also removes specular textures that are now coming out way too shiny.

Another PEVSoft tool, Quickshadows, creates a shadow mesh from the main mesh, with a right click.

Any of your content that does not feature Automated Running Numbers (ARN) can be run through Content Creator Plus to update the build number, add shadow meshes, edit specs, etc. But running a ARN-equipped asset through CCP assures the ARN will NOT work.

Jointed Rail Productions (read Justin Cornell), has TS2010 for sale, box or DVD. Whilst you are there, pick up the freeware SD60 Demo's, they sound great!

Ask if you need help! We have several dedicated members that know almost as much as you do about your assets!

thanks

but I already downloaded 10 and 12 last night. I think ill be using 10 primarily for now. I agree on spec lighting being too shiny but thats just my opinion. Just gotta get back into the swing of things... been away awhile

Right on!

:cool: Well that's just cool Frank, Welcome Back!

Here is the NV3 Trainz Wiki Content Creators Guide. Actually, the latest version is for Trainz Classics, but also apply to later versions.

Last edited:
k am going to buy trainz 10... not sure where ill find it

Ok starting my site back up but for now it will be hosted at sporbust1.com until they giveme my old domain back of sporbust.com. may be a day or two

I can get trs 12 on steam is that any good? Looks good from the pics

Best news in ages - welcome back!

I agree whole heartedly ... two sites that were sorely missed when they were down, was Dermmy-Checkrail, and Sporbust-West Coast Trainz.

Last edited:
Glad to help...!

:cool: Your welcome Frank, you do have quite a lot of content for Trainz and updating that content may look difficult at first, I recommend using keyboard shortcuts to help things along.:wave:

I think that just about everything you have made turns up at least once a month from in-game screenshots.:D

I just can't get over how much I miss dirty (weathered) locomotives!:hehe:

yea I am not sure what Ill fix. It would be a big job and I dont have a team to help me so Ill plug along and do the newest stuff first I guess. And yes there wont be under shadows other then my new style which is not like the old style. Like what Im running on the new atsf gp60's

I've started moving your locos into 2010, the BNSF ES 44ac and the SD 70M needed little or nothing doing to them.

I've started moving your locos into 2010, the BNSF ES 44ac and the SD 70M needed little or nothing doing to them.

lol well your ahead of me :) I have so much content that half the battle is filtering through it all to decide what to install. May need to cut this stuff back a little :eek:

Some shadow is good...

:cool: I shamelessly suggested the Jointed Rail SD60's as an example of what we see today....it also has an enginesound that is killer!

By all means please use the Hoffman cabs if needed. I remember you obtained authorization to modify the cabfront attachment to lower the cab...!:D

Yes, some of the equipment fits real well, for example on Dermmy's Clovis Sub Sessions, EK3, etc.

I have a tab in Content Manager v3.3 labeled SPorBUST, so I can suggest some edits...or not, post here or PM me for suggestions, etc.

You will also run into a new thing we have called "normal mapping," that helps define details without adding polys (for rivet detail, panel joints, doors etc). One of PEVSoft's tools is Images2.tga, that has a feature of creating normal maps, however you will have to research that one yourself. Catch one of Peter's posts (PEV) and search his profile for "Posts started by..."

Level of Details (LOD) meshes are simply a "stripped down" mesh that only shows prominent detail at a distance.

I seriously do run your stuff almost regularly...stay with it!

lol well your ahead of me :) I have so much content that half the battle is filtering through it all to decide what to install. May need to cut this stuff back a little :eek:
Anything of yours in 2010 I've renamed with FM at the front so i can find them easier.
I found 1 loco type a time easier, fix 1 then you've got the text files, images etc for the rest.

Last edited:
how

did you get my stuff to work in 10. I have iimported alot of content and all the dependecies are there and I see them in the list but they are red and wont show up.

Thats the stuff I was asking you if we could fix. I got some stuff to work for myself, but with errors (Auto numbering is gone)

did you get my stuff to work in 10. I have iimported alot of content and all the dependecies are there and I see them in the list but they are red and wont show up.

I have 20-30 locos fault free in 2010, everything updated to 2010 standards. No mesh changes, pm's-im's, bogie mesh added, basically everything that 2010's Cm moaned at.
1-open asset with Pevs PM2IM tool.
2-change all PM references to IM in config file.
3-Run asset through PEV's asset x tool, using the repair tool start at the TOP item and work your way DOWN. Most important that, otherwise you end up with no bogies like I did.
4-Close asset x, check for errors+warnings in CM, commit.
4xC40-8's still faulty with specgrey texture, I think this is because there is no TEX type (diffuse for eg) in the mesh text.
Hope this helps.

love your work
i've got all your content working like a clock in 012
don't like faulty assets,so i learnt how to fix them

cheers,
patchy

Last edited:
love your work
i've got all your content working like a clock in 012
don't like faulty assets,so i learnt how to fix them

cheers,
patchy

That is good to know that they will work in Trainz 12. Dont have 12 yet, But hopefully by the time I get a copy later this year. His stuff will be available for 12 to the public as I would like to use his great stuff.

I have 20-30 locos fault free in 2010, everything updated to 2010 standards. No mesh changes, pm's-im's, bogie mesh added, basically everything that 2010's Cm moaned at.
3-Run asset through PEV's asset x tool, using the repair tool start at the TOP item and work your way DOWN. Most important that, otherwise you end up with no bogies like I did.
4xC40-8's still faulty with specgrey texture, I think this is because there is no TEX type (diffuse for eg) in the mesh text.
Hope this helps.

I fixed that on a few, but I dont remember how, I think i ran it through PEV and stripped?

Hope this helps.

Yea I used im files I was fiddling with these utilities. Ill try the steps you posted. I am at a crossroads. I know il host all my 2006 content but what I bring over to 12 and 10 I am not sure of yet. Dont know if my spines and flat cars \ ttx cars and vans are still needed. I may do a new update to those for 12. Thanks for the help on this

Back