Problem with route in TRS 2022

prr325

Boarded April 2010
I have a large route started years ago in T:ANE. The problem did not exist there. It exists when I try to move the route to Trains Plus 2022 (and TRS 2019 for that matter). A very large part of the terrain, whether in Surveyor or Driver, appears to be covered in a deep "shadow". The shadow has a fuzzy straight line edge that moves as I pivot the scene: parts that were shaded become clearer, parts that were clear become shaded. I'm including a screen shot from Driver; hopefully it will give a better idea of what I mean. Well, it's a link to the image in Trainz Gallery. I don't know how else to include it here.

https://www.trainzportal.com/mytrainz/view_media_post?media_post_id=423043

I've tried changing numerous performance parameters with no results. Does anyone else have any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you for your time and attention.

It looks as if you are early in the morning just as the sun rises. The shadow is the hills that lay between the rising sun and your focus point. If you alter the time of day in the edit environment section the shadow will get shorter.

https://www.trainzportal.com/mytrainz/view_media_post?media_post_id=423097

The image above is at a different location. It is in the middle of a large, relatively flat area. In Edit Environment date is July 9 at High Noon; brightness control is at max, no clouds. View is to the west. To the left (south) there are no high hills, let alone mountains, for many miles (it is the Susquehanna River Valley where the river is flowing southward). To the right (north) there are no high hills or mountains for at least five miles (plus the sun is not to the north...)

Note the two dark areas to either side.

From my perspective, TRS22 still has a very long way to go before I would create a Route in it (which is why I am still in TANE). If you are happy to run without shadows, you can always turn them off. Just a thought for your consideration - If you have an earlier version of Trainz available, perhaps create youir Route in that version? You can always roll it forward to TRS22 at a later time (whereas you cannot move a TRS22 Route backwards). Regards. Colin.

Thinking about this, I wonder if it has something to do with the TransDEM textures. No other textures do that and neither does a fully landscaped route.

From my perspective, TRS22 still has a very long way to go before I would create a Route in it (which is why I am still in TANE). If you are happy to run without shadows, you can always turn them off. Just a thought for your consideration - If you have an earlier version of Trainz available, perhaps create youir Route in that version? You can always roll it forward to TRS22 at a later time (whereas you cannot move a TRS22 Route backwards). Regards. Colin.

Building routes is fine in TRS22. Once the lighting is adjusted, things look pretty nice. I keep my lighting set to noon in Surveyor when working on my routes to prevent the shadows from getting in the way, but setup my more normal lighting in my saved session I use for drivers.

Back