problem installing MRL

gary6204

Union Pacific Fan
hi all, i have a problem, i cannot install the montana rail link from the TPR website. this is the error i get Error: Unable to open CDP file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\My Documents\downloads\MRL.cdp' for reading :'(
i have trainz 2009 sp2 build 40040

i have searched the forums and did not find anything.

any help would be appreaciated. thanks in advance.

i would, but thats the other problem, my cm2 doesn't like the dls and won't download anything. i also don't have a fct.

It would be helpful to know exactly what operating system you are using (XP or Vista); how you are trying to open the file (are you importing through CM2, or trying to double click on the icon of the downloaded file), and whether you have successfully downloaded other content, and attempted to open it the same way you are when you get the error.

Since you say you downloaded it from the TPR website, have you checked the forums on the TPR site, relative to support of their content? it's not beyond the realm of possibility that there is some issue with the version on the TPR site, that has already been dealt with in their forums.

ns

Gary MRL won't work on 2009 unless you go through TC3 first with the file.

I tried it and it wouldn't work.

Gary MRL won't work on 2009 unless you go through TC3 first with the file.

I tried it and it wouldn't work.

oh, ok

It would be helpful to know exactly what operating system you are using (XP or Vista); how you are trying to open the file (are you importing through CM2, or trying to double click on the icon of the downloaded file), and whether you have successfully downloaded other content, and attempted to open it the same way you are when you get the error.

Since you say you downloaded it from the TPR website, have you checked the forums on the TPR site, relative to support of their content? it's not beyond the realm of possibility that there is some issue with the version on the TPR site, that has already been dealt with in their forums.

ns

i run xp sp3 and i double click the icon of the file. and i have downloaded other content this way just fine.

edit. i have checked the tpr forums. i only saw something about some of them being able to get it in 2009.

Last edited:
I have MRL on TRS2006 and TS2009. I have i error free on TS2009 now but when I run it in Surveyor there are no buildings and very little scenery. Works good in TRS2006.

Bob

Hi Bob,
MRL map is a version 1.3. To make it work in TS2009 (scenery and buildings), you would have to save this map in TRS2006, which will bring it to version 2.6 if I am not mistaken. You could then import it in TS2009 and everything should be ok. I did this for the Tehachapi route (which was also at version 1.3) and everything works fine in TS2009.
Good luck
Gilles

I am currently working on what Gilles said, I'll probably be checking in a day or two after finishing content correction, notations and other stuff.

Guess I made progress?
TS2009 Native mode view of Helena looking NorthWest I believe.
I'll post on TPR's forum and see if there's a way to continue.
Did note it takes a while for items to appear. I'm using default settings. After this picture, other distant items kept drawng in, distant trees, more mountainside and baseboard, etc.
mrl2.jpg

Back